Ugh, I gotta say...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by antithesis, May 12, 2004.

1. antithesis

antithesis Hello

that the Today Show and Katie Couric in particular, makes me want to vomit. I find the whole thing sickening. They are pretending to be a news program, but the news they talk about is not anything important and they are always fauning all over the celebrities. I hate it!

2. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Christine, may I suggest stop watching it.

3. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I've had to stop watching morning shows, they are disgusting. You think you'd get an update on actual news, but they talk about the same breakups, hookups, celebrity court cases etc. all morning long. And when they do get actual interviews with people in the news they don't let them talk. Read the newspaper. That way you can choose what you want to read.

4. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I get most of my actual news off of the internet because I don't want to buy a newspaper (since I'm a crazy hippie I don't want to use the paper and I have no place to recycle it)

I don't watch the Today Show, but just knowing that it exists pisses me off.

5. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

turn your tv off

6. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Christine, why would you let the "Today Show" rent free space in your head?

7. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I read the papers online, or when I go to my Grandmother's I'll read hers. But yeah I know what you mean, I'd never pay for a newspaper.

8. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

I know it makes me hate tv everytime I turn it on and there is some dum shit on it makes me glad I don't have like 500 chanels of the crap to flip throgh...I have like basic 10 chanels...I watch like not even half those chanels and it's still crap..for example the home shopping network...stupid ass crap...fake ass people...and then lke you said those morning shows....turn it on and it's lke ok lets talk about how to be the bessed dressed guest at a friends wedding so you can hook a guy there...now that's some dum shit. And every commercial I annalize it to death. How it targets women and minorities etc....so annoying.

9. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I can't help it. I just get way to annoyed about things that don't even involve me and things that I can't do anything about.

All I gotta say though is, thank God for PBS, the only TV station worth watching.

10. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

i work at a newspaper.....

i wish more people would buy newspapers......well...the good ones anyways....USA Today....that paper pisses me off....

11. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I do sometimes buy the local papers here because they are so entertaining. The Police Log is just hilarious and half of the articles are about how Bush is evil and the other half is about how logging is evil. I love it.

12. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Scarlett what pisses you off about USA Today?

The local paper around here is pathetic. But fortunately an alernative newspaper/mag comes out once a week.

Back to the original post, I rarely catch the Today Show these days, but when i do, i love observing Katie Couric's behavior. She'll have the sweetest smile on her face but then she'll say something rude to who she's interviewing, still smiling though. A couple months back she had the chunky guy from American Idol on (Reuben? Never seen the show so i'm not sure). While standing next to him, she said "I love standing next to you; it makes me look so skinny", or something like that.

13. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I love how she dresses like some dumb teenybopper, it looks so ridiculous. And has anyone else noticed that her lips look really odd? Surgery gone bad I guess...

14. phillyrp314

phillyrp314 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I love a good newspaper. Nothing like coming home and relaxing to catch up on the current events. I usually read the Columbus Dispatch, always saving the crossword puzzle for last. I'm a dork I'll admit, but there's nothing like reading through a fresh newspaper.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if you want real news listen to community radio or ask someone who lives where it supposedly happened on the internet

all you're ever going to get on network television is 'infotainment'!

16. antithesis

antithesis Hello

So true themnax, so true. I wish that wasn't how things are, but what can I do?

17. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

When I was back home, sometimes I watched those morning shows, but I don't miss them in any way here. Also, since I have gotten the 'net, I have not bought a newspaper.

18. TheChaosFactor

TheChaosFactor Senior Member

So long as they don't faun all over somebody like Beck ;) I'm ok with it

19. antithesis

antithesis Hello

lol, Beck is way too cool for those twits to faun all over.

20. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Mainstream media.

Katie Couric is a phony.