UFO Wannabes?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Jimbee68, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Ever hear of UFO wannabes? Neither did I until I saw 'People of the Earth'.

'People of the Earth' satirizes all the various cult phenomena surrounding UFO culture. Here's the link: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4695530/

And apparently it's a thing. Not people who have been abducted but, believe it or not, people who just want to be.

And I just have to ask. Does anyone on these boards fit that description? Don't be shy. And have you had any luck along those lines (the person in the series apparently did)?

:)

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Can't say I fit that category because I actually was abducted

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Do tell us more. I believe the the human mind is the least understood subject on the planet, along with animal behaviour such as migration and fish that know which river to swim up every year to spawn.

To me, so called abductions are actually a state of mind, similar to dreaming, reincarnation and ghosts. However, I do not see this as making them less real.
    We have places that we dream about that are not somewhere that we know, but as an engineer I try to identify them by simple things such as the local bricks that will define an area.

We know physically where we were born and who our parents are, but is the formation of our DNA far more involved. We know that reincarnation is not physically real, but their is proof that the events of someone's past life exists in our mind.
    We are taught evolution, but it is a very shallow subject and does not cover the differences in our personality. We like to think of this as unique to the human race, but anyone who has owned a cat will know that this is simply not true.

History has suggested that the human race has connections to other planets going back to the dawn of time, so is this data still somewhere in all of us, but we are afraid to explore it. This would bring reincarnation and abductions very close together.
    We know that telepathy exists between people who we are close together mentally, but again it is very complex, ranging from people who have premonitions when a person close to them is in trouble (medically), to couples who die soon after loosing their partner.
    The work on synchronisation between peoples body organs is very interesting, but not taken seriously in our current society. Even this could connect life from anywhere in the universe.

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

It happened when I was in high school.

I was working weekends overnight Saturday & Sunday's as a cleaner at the local cinema from 1:00 am to 9:00 am, to save money to buy a car.

I was following a path through the woods when i noticed blinking orange and red lights which couldn't be there. Why would there be lights in the middle of the woods where no vehicle(s) would have egress. As I weaved my way through the trees to a small clearing, there stood a craft of some sort, saucer in shape. As i got closer I passed out.

When I regained consciousness, I was standing in front of the cinema in a cold sweat two hours late for work.

I was greeted at the front door by my boss, which was the first and only time he ever managed to beat me into work because he was a lazy SOB.
    I told him what happened and he shrugged it off figuring it was a teenagers excuse for being late.

To this day that small clearing still exists and while it should have been taken over by nature, nothing appears to grow there.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The lack of vegetation makes sense, it is apparent around any nuclear power station.
    For a while I could never understand why incidents like this were never investigated, or perhaps the results hushed up. But then when I was talking to a friend in government he pointed out that once accepted they would tear every religion up by the roots, clearly not a good way to solve the worlds problems.

hotwater likes this.
  6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i may have a galactic password to take over the ship. i'd be curious to try it out and see if it works. then again, there's always what might come next if it doesn't.

sorry, i don't have money to burn on hulu though.

7. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

“Not I, said the cat”
    I have no interest whatsoever to be taken aboard a spaceship, examined by alien beings, or flown up in space- never to be seen again! No thanks!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    hotwater likes this.
  8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

how about if the ship were robotic, you were the only organic being on it, and it responded to your thoughts and would take you anywhere you wanted to go?

maybe even let you go get some of your friends if they wanted to come with you?

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'd like a ufo home i could live in, and go anywhere with, although it would have to be invisible so that every military on the planet wouldn't be trying to take it away from me and take it apart.

hell with being beamed up, i want it to be mine. you know like the song about the mercadies benz and the color tv. that would be "my ship coming in".
    73 years and it hasn't shown up yet. i wonder what could be taking it so long?

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't want to "be abducted". i want to bum a ride HOME, to the world i grew up on before being born into this one. and i'm not talking about some kind of meta/spirit anything either. just that actual planet in its own, however distant, other solar system. although if i owned one in that or some other previous life, i would want to somehow have it now, and without every military on this planet trying to take it from me to take it apart. which would probably mean having to take off in it and not come back as the only way like to be certain of that not happening.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if the point is that humans are weird, yah, that can be taken as a given.

i like technology. also trees and cats.
    also making things move without burning anything.
    and control panels. and very small trains.
    and very small houses people should be allowed to build themselves and live in.