U2 tools or not-tools?

Discussion in 'Music' started by puddin, Jan 3, 2005.

1. puddin

puddin Banned

personally i think U2 are foolish tools, but hey that just me. Whats your opinion?

2. syd

syd Banned

I reckon Bono is a gigantic tool, but the rest of them are ok

3. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

i think it was clever of them to use political activism as a means to sell bad music

4. LooLoo

LooLoo Member

U2 come in for a lot of abuse, but at the end of the day they aren't THAT bad. Yeah, Bono might be a tad up his own arse but there are worse bands out there. I don't own any of their albums and don't intend to buy any but they have a couple of decent songs. I'd rather listen to them than most other radio friendly bands.

5. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i love their music...simple as that

6. JanaXGIRL

JanaXGIRL Senior Member

yeah, I do love them too... :)
    no tools, or whatever.

7. Will

Will Member

U2 are one of my favorite bands... Not tools. :)

8. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Always thought they were kinda bland. It all sounds the same to me, but I do like the one about Martin Luther King.

9. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

They're early stuff like The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby were great, but theire stuff since then has been pretty dire for the most part. On the topic of Bono, I can't stand him he's an annoying fucker, also they now have American accents, what's with that!?!

10. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I do like their early stuff, but after about '94 I havent really liked anything they've done. That song that is being played on the radio now "uno, dos, tres, catource"...whatever that one is....it gets on my nerves so bad.

11. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i never really heard of u2 until they came out with the album "all that you cant leave behind." I liked the song, beautiful day, for a while, but then i got that album and they were so bland...i have heard good things about their earlier stuff that i havent checked out yet.