U.S. 'Space Force' Announced

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joshua Tree, Aug 13, 2018.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

2. hotwater

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The government's interests in space weapons really took a leap when one of their satellites was shot down over mars a very long time ago. Until then the submission of space weapons was swept aside. Once their property was attacked by something, on camera, they started to explore space weapons more urgently.

They've obviously found something on Mars that they're weary of or possibly on the dark side of the moon where ancient space stations remain.

Eric! likes this.
  4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Obviously

WritersPanic likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

darn tootin'

6. hotwater

Well NASA's $400 Million dollar 'opportunity rover,' has been missing for over 2 months....hmmmm...

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Eric! likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

heyyy laugh at me now. i have to change my VPN, they'll be on to me soon ;)

Eric! likes this.
  8. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

hotwater and Orison like this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

11. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

If it was for scientific purpose, I'd agree with it. But it's not. When we went to the moon we shared what we found, but now Trump just wants to be greedy. No one owns space. The whole idea is ridiculous and it's basically an excuse to steal more money from the government and the taxpayers.

12. newo

Seems to me the first step would be military satellites which could accurately fire missiles at any spot on Earth from orbit. We currently have the technology for that, and I doubt Trump would have a problem with it. Suddenly it's not so funny.

WritersPanic likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I wonder if this is in response to Chinas new space defence program? Several orbs hovering over Chinese military bases result in massive space program from China.

14. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I had no Idea 'Space ISIS' was a threat.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Pshh they haven't even got a missile that can hit anything overseas.

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

After my plan is hatched they'll have everything they need...
    evil-laugh.jpg

17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It has been written that the Chinese have launched or WILL launch killer satellites that can blow ours up or render them useless. In addition, our electrical grid has supposedly been hacked already by bad actors. So, if our electrical grid, that is so public everywhere, was hit with a series of B**Bs and our satellites were destroyed or blinded, or the hackers were able to shut it down, we would be in deep shit. There are many bad actors that would love to take this country down. So, as much as I dislike Mr Dennison and the space between his ears---we do have to be ready to act to protect ourselves.
    Makes me wonder , as the wars rage on around the world----what in the hell is wrong with humans? The chase for riches and power keep the earth from being the peaceful and sensible paradise that it could be.
    And no one is talking about he population increase that is happening. How many will be enough? 5 billion? 10 billion? 50 billion? I'm sure that if someone--someone important enough to listen to were to propose free birth control for any woman in the world that wanted it---organized religion would be against it--not enough adherents giving money---corporations--never enough customers. The forces that drive SOME of humanity will NEVER, EVER see that chaos is the only result , the longer this earth is run by the ones that run it now.

18. hotwater

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Space Force is just another one of those new governmental inflationary programs that come with every new presidency, even if it’s for the best or worst. Trump is merely creating Space Force as part of a long lasting legacy program in hopes that the history books give him some positive recognition. Obama has the ACA, Bush has No Child Left Behind, Clinton has NAFTA, etc, etc.

It be nice if we actually had a president that would work to get rid of costly dysfunctional programs that aren’t working.

WritersPanic likes this.
  20. newo

So you want Trump to resign?