U.S.A. History

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by royedward, May 11, 2017.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

while it isn't just the u.s. and it isn't just christianity, the two biggest self contradictions are the goodness of wishing to be feared, and considering aggressive inconsiderateness any kind of freedom.
    if we ever want all the better and more positive values america has always claimed, to become real instead of mutually agreed to pretend, they are what we need to get passed and leave behind.

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I see the US attitude to wars as similar to the 2 UK firefighters who spent an hour breaking down the front door of a building.
    If they had tried turning the handle, they would have discovered that it was not locked.

themnax, ~Zen~ and Scarecrow13 like this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

This pretty much sums it up...

hotwater and wilsjane like this.
  4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Things just keep getting worse for America, especially as we end four years of Trumpism. He has destroyed much of what America was good at, in spite of the evil things from the past.

History is often ignored, which I find simply amazing as history repeats itself. The scenery may change, and the players are different, but it is the same old song of hate, division and greed.

snowtiggernd likes this.
  5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the positive is possible, we just need to stop loving drama so much as to hate logic for the sake of it.
    to learn how something actually works, instead of people telling each other how to pretend it does, or at least admit that we don't when we don't.

to stop calling insecurity freedom, when it doesn't free you from having to worry about drama or money, how you're going to eat or where you're going to sleep.
    and don't try to tell me the freedom to be gratifyingly creative while being universally considerate is slavery, because slavery doesn't give you freedom from those things either.

i wouldn't say things keep getting worse, i think maybe we're becoming aware of things we had for a long time, several hundred years, taken for granted.
    but only some of us. and we need to somehow bring the rest along, instead of blaming them.

but dam, why do humans love drama so dam much, to hate the logic of not doing so. to not look for the gratification of creating and exploring, each our individual selves, instead.
    we make the excuse of gender, calling a biological imperative the choice to be logical and considerate, which it is not. all for, near as i can observe, some sort of obsessive love of drama.

we can do it. we can get over ourselves. real civilizations have arrizen. they're just not the ones you ever hear about. because sooner or later someone else over ran them.
    but there is no reason one can't be better able to prevent this from happening at the same time. to somehow not forget to walk softly when you have the big stick.

to not forget we're not the center of the universe, that glory and greatness and drama are not freedom. freedom is when you really don't have to worry, and at the same time,
    do not need someone else's approval, to be creative in your own individual considerate way.

people are always trying to say this is asking too much, but is it really? and it doesn't mean everyone being some one particular way. just looking through and beyond being conned by drama.

Tags: