U.K. Covid-19 July 2021

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by WOLF ANGEL, Jul 1, 2021.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill HipForums Supporter

I was at a Meeting today where the enforcement of such was discussed

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021 at 11:31 AM
    Captain Scarlet likes this.
  2. WOLF ANGEL

The/'our' Government have made a right cock-up of process,
    With the re-opening of Night Clubs and major Music Sporting events - 'All bets are off' and with the removal of directives replaced by 'guidance' so are the Apps.
    Employers are not going to encourage this, as it seems they see this as seeing staff shortage that lead onto loss of revenue.
    Individuals aren't going to use it as it prevents them from 'enjoying themselves' - unless
    Use it to their advantage and attend (i.e. Glastonbury' type) events of their choosing

3. WOLF ANGEL

The bottom line being, with enforcement on the issues of PPE and Social distancing only being a last resort, and to be used when Public order was at risk, the use of the App was not really going to work - and as not everybody has it anyway, not really going to work.
    In the end, it can only be a matter of individual conscience

4. WOLF ANGEL

COVID Figures = UP
    Covid-19 in the UK: How many coronavirus cases are there in my area? - BBC News

It seems this is a trend that is bound to increase.
    The long wait for for Clubs to re-open saw Clubbers interact with exuberant interaction that is bound to have consequences.
    They seem more interested in getting out and having a social life, than taking precautions.

Whilst can see the value of the COVID passport (when it becomes available) I have concerns of the Data held, and the Cost of it - seems like it could be 'another way to make Money and with the tracker style chips that can be easily inserted to the E- thing seems a bit, Big Brother-ish awareness or or potentially be.

Tags: