U.K. Covid-19 July 2021

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by WOLF ANGEL, Jul 1, 2021.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I'm quite sure that protocol was followed and as the Head of state, precautions would have been to the Max

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bollox !!! were they, just look at the newsreel film and you'll see that not one of them, including Mrs Windsor was abiding by current government guidelines !!!

3. WOLF ANGEL

Eloquent as ever Vlad
    An advocat of "if it's on film, then it must be true" is not the best source of truth.
    Information from first hand experience is much more reliable - I believe that which I am told from people who were there tham that of than Media depiction

4. WOLF ANGEL

Gosh Vlad, Sticking up for the Government - after all your critical posts - I wonder if (to paraphrase Will Shakespeare) "They doth protest too much" - is an accurate observation???

5. WOLF ANGEL

Whilst the figures (that are reported!) are still High, - Life here goes on, both within - and without of a Northern town.
    - Maybe we in the North are a more of a resilliant type to those who have lapsed into a lifesyle of Southern softiness ?

6. Vladimir Illich

Or perhaps more stupid to ignore the corona virus - just like many others have in the 'North'.

7. WOLF ANGEL

Hmm, Yes you have a point to some degree, in that there are some who foolishly following a path of apathy, stupidity and or arrogance.
    However,
    There is more to the 'Virus' than is advertised.
    The strategy of control and containment in both inflection and transmission, coupled with the return to 'a' normality, is based on ecconomical and social reasons, then one can only draw a conclusion, that there are other factors involved, and analysis; based on persona research and first-hand experience show this to be other (darker) possibilities at play.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  8. WOLF ANGEL

I can only comment on what I see, hear, read and; though personal interaction and analysis, know in my locale.
    Lifestyles have changed, with vaccines taken and a degree of safeguards (seen and unseen) in place/used.
    We are prepared for what may well be - a long autumn/winter period - we are used to addressing adversity
    - In the North

9. Vladimir Illich

Well, if you want to go for yet another, and this time more protracted lock-down, by all means leave you masks off, celebrate in crowded pubs with whatever mates you have left forgetting social distancing altogether. I, on the other hand will be far more circumspect, will continue to wear a mask on buses and in taxis, will visit public houses and restauramts that continue to observe protocols.

10. WOLF ANGEL

Yep, that is what I'd go for. = Kill the disease don't leave for it to recover and re-variant

11. WOLF ANGEL

I think you'll find that was already and continuing to happen in areas of London and indeed Bristol, - where there were riots on the streets, both of which are hardly Northern areas

12. WOLF ANGEL

You'll be doing that for some time yet I think

13. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I cant see many pubs keeping the face covering rule when there will be standees again . Conversing with a face covering isnt easy at the best of time and in a crowded pub will be impossible . Restaurants possibly could retain them as the table service is similar in many respects as to what we have now . Transport will be upto the respective company but many as I have seen like the Metro will be advice only and following national guidelines . Once July 19th has arrived, face coverings use will fizzle out in time with the exception of Hospitals . Just my view.

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  14. WOLF ANGEL

I believe with Cafes and restaurants then a certain amount of protocol will continue and be easier to police.
    Pubs and Clubs (along with sporting/music events) is a different kettle of fish and why 'guidance' has had to be adopted over directive.
    (And Doctors, Medical centres and Hospitals - a logical thing to continue to do)
    For those wishing/wiling to take their chance, I can see a reluctance to continue with the mask (and social distancing out of the window - which is understandable, however, knowing a few people that work in the hospitality section, the chances of contracting this and yet to be known variants, there are concerns.
    'Ping', Self-isolation, return and 'Ping' again has seen then unable to work normally, and thereby seeing their jobs in jeporady - It's no wonder that the App procedure is to change - although does not reduce the risk of contraction.

I think however, it's a done deal, and returning to normal in a week or so will happen - even if the lifting is not made officially complete, the public will view it so - and when Autumn/Winter comes, once more, the NHS will be stretched and strained

15. Captain Scarlet

Come Autumn we will be in trouble . I have just passed my Covid Test today . That Delta nearly floored me on day 3 which was my worst day and recovered fully on day 5 . This is a nasty infection and a totally different animal to Covid Mk1 . Anyone who is weak whether double vaxxed or not will be in trouble from this variant . Its a sure killer . It will be rife within the community after July 19th

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  16. WOLF ANGEL

Sorry to hear that you experienced such discomfort of pain.
    I've no doubt that you are doing what you should, however ...
    ... there are those/many, who do not accept the seriousness of a disease that mutates into other variants, and have no regard for the 'we' - only focussing on the 'me'.
    As such, they endanger others,- those who may/have not the resilliance of youth, good health, or indeed fortune.
    - One only wishes that Karma would be more accurate in it's delevery

17. WOLF ANGEL

18. WOLF ANGEL

England fans are gathering as excitement builds ahead of their team's Euro 2020 final against Italy.
    Supporters began arriving at Wembley - London..... 'The South'
    Euro 2020: England fans start the party ahead of final - BBC News
    (FYI Vlad)

19. Captain Scarlet

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  20. WOLF ANGEL

Yes I get that - I guess we just have to are aware of the consequences - and a hope that our NHS will be able to be cope with such

Tags: