U.K. Covid-19: Jan 2021

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by WOLF ANGEL, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Mat Hancock has confirmed that there are 17 known cases of the South African varient of Covid in the country .

My question to Mr Hancock is you expect us to protect the NHS then why havnt you done the same by locking Airports down ?

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  2. Captain Scarlet

WELL WELL WELL WHATS GOING ON HERE THEN ?

From ITN News

More than 30 police officers are facing a £200 fine for breaking Covid regulations by getting a haircut while on duty.

The Metropolitan Police confirmed it received a tip-off that a number of officers had their hair cut by a professional barber while at Bethnal Green police station on Sunday January 17.

An investigation was launched and it was ruled that 31 officers who had their haircut should face a £200 fixed penalty notice.

Two officers involved in organising the haircut have been identified and are being investigated for misconduct.

Local policing commander, Detective Chief Superintendent Marcus Barnett, said: “It is deeply disappointing and frustrating that my officers have fallen short of the expectation to uphold Covid-19 regulations.

"Although officers donated money to charity as part of the haircut, this does not excuse them from what was a very poor decision. I expect a lot more of them.

“It is right therefore, officers should each face a £200 fine, as well as misconduct action for those two who organised this event.

“Quite rightly, the public expect police to be role models in following the regulations which are designed to prevent the spread of this deadly virus.

"I hope this action proves that police are not immune to enforcement of the rules, and we are prepared as an organisation to take action if we see officers have behaved irresponsibly.”

3. Xyzobomb

Xyzobomb Members

More misinformation by our great government.
    Whilst it is true nearly 7 million people have had a vaccine. Only a very small percentage of these have had the 2 doses required to give the 90+% immunity the drugs companies say the vaccine gives.
    The government seems to be making people think we have 7 million with full immunity.
    If we where to start opening things up before we have given all these people the 2nd injection we risk yet another spike as many people who have had 1 injection will belive they are safe.
    The drugs companies gave out details and said we needed 3 weeks between injections. I belive these people not government officials.
    This is looking more and more like the government will make more wrong decisions and cause even more deaths. I hope I'm wrong.
    I don't like the lockdown more than anyone else but don't want it lifted till the elderly and vulnerable are fully protected not half measures.

Mysteron and Vladimir Illich like this.
  4. Captain Scarlet

They still havnt got it right regarding our border controls. Only incoming passengers from certain countries will be required to attend a hotel for quarantine . Why do we have these half baked policies that come in too late ? It only needs a handful of cases with these mutated Covid varients to nulify the whole vaccination programme . Why cant this government just do the right thing and stop anyone leaving or entering the country until we get the vaccination programme complete. I dont think its asking a lot.

Xyzobomb likes this.
  5. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The stupid scumbag 'nasty party' can't even run the track and trace system with any degree of accuracy or success, so what makes you think they'll be able to run a vaccination programme properly ???

Mysteron likes this.
  6. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

7. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

8. Captain Scarlet

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  9. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It will probably be with us in one form or another for the next 3 - 5 years.