Two more journalist killed or gone missing.

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by MeAgain, Oct 10, 2018.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I understand what you're saying, and typically I agree with you... This just seems like a bit of a leap.

2. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

He only declared that media that spread fake news are the enemy of the people. Not free press as a whole. Now, what's fake news or not is up for debate.

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Lol!
    And he singled out CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, the Washington Post, the New York Times, Amazon, Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski, MSM (whomever that is), Chris Cuomo, MSNBC, the Democrats et al, James Clapper, Goggle, The Associated Press, Jim Acosta, BuzzFeed, Chuck Todd, and who did I forget? I got tired looking.

Not to mention April Ryan is getting death threats, Katy Tur has been threatened with rape and death in a message ending with MAGA, Bret Stephens has been threatened to be shot, the Boston Globe and the Associated Press have been targeted, and there was a mass shooting at the Capital Gazette. And again I got tired looking.
    Except Fox...Fox isn't fake.

4. Maccabee

All those have a left leaning slant. Why BuzzFeed is considered a trusted source is beyond me. However, to the point at hand, that doesn't prove that he said free press is the enemy of the people.
    They don't represent the President anymore the Scalise shooter represent Bernie Sanders.

Kinda beside the point.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I wouldnt trust any news source entirely nowadays, and on all subjects, not just politics or Trump.

Well into the internet age, they just dont make enough money anymore to support a certain level of standards. Not like back when everyone was buying the paper everyday, or you had only 3 tv channels.

I have noticed it the most with science and tech reporting, you just get this complete garbage nowadays from reporters that havent even bothered reading the whole study they are reporting on, or just parrot releases prepared for them by the likes of Google inc.

Plus I dont think many millenials are actually getting their news from these tradition sites. You mentioned Buzzfeed, why the fook would/should anyone take that source as truth.

Just whatever is the best clickbait is nowadays.There are no Walter Cronkites anymore

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  6. MeAgain

It appears almost every major news organization in the free world is left leaning.
    Or maybe just factually based.

Who ever said any news organization was supposed to represent the President?

stormountainman likes this.
  7. MeAgain

News media should be trusted based on their reporting accuracy and willingness to admit mistakes and correct them.

As far as profits CNN is projected to make $1.5 billion this year, Fox even more.
    The New York Times made over $1 billion just on subscriptions and that's only 60% of its profits..
    But anyway PBS is non profit and they do pretty good at reporting.

I mentioned Buzzfeed because Trump did.

Here are some current excellent reporters, Christiane Amanpour, Carl Bernstein, Bob Woodward, Robert Fisk,
    Anderson Cooper, Diane Sawyer, Fareed Zakaria...and there's lots more.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    stormountainman likes this.
  8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Hey Me, the CIA has just declared they have proof MBS ordered the killing of Jamal Khashoggi!

MeAgain likes this.
  9. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Why anyone would want to work in the mass media boggles the imagination. The idea we have free press anymore means nothing, when the NSA can even get Sony to put hidden cameras in televisions for them, and the billionaire mayor of NYC had his pigs arrest 26 reporters in one day. If reporters actually have anything meaningful to say about corruption, its how to make money. The mass media declined to sue the billionaire mayor of NYC, because they knew they could spent twenty years in court and never make as much money as they do spouting bullshit. Most papers either didn't run the story or put in on the third page at best, knowing their readers don't want to read about such things that might upset them.

storch likes this.
  10. Maccabee

I sure didn't. I even said that whether a news organization that President Trump labaled as fake news us in fact news is a worthy discussion. My only objection is your claim that President Trump stated that the free press is the enemy of the people.

11. MeAgain

Sure, but he did call the press the enemy of the people. I was paraphrasing.
    Let's look at the actual quotes:
    And that's all I'm looking up.....

12. MeAgain

Meanwhile the CIA concluded that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi.

Of course Trump doesn't believe them.

13. Maccabee

Which again, he's railing against what he considers fake news, not free press or the media in general.

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

how can you stand up for someone who lies so frequently

15. MeAgain

That's pretty funny.

16. Maccabee

I like a lot of his policies. I don't really like him as a person. And also I like triggering SJWs.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont think anyone is triggered, we just think what you're saying is ridiculous

Spectacles, MeAgain and Tyrsonswood like this.