Twist of Fate Love Stories

Discussion in 'True Love' started by marquis_de_odde, Sep 11, 2013.

1. marquis_de_odde

marquis_de_odde Member

I like hearing about random and unexpected ways people meet their significant others. If you've got such a tale post it here.

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have a good one-----but I will put it up tomorrow.

3. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

I met mine at my job. We worked together a year. He didn't ask my phone my number until his way out the door on his very last day. Things have been great since. The twist came in the fact that he disclosed to me he had been sleeping with a different coworker that was married. Things were still early so I take him to a house party at my most recent ex's house and who is sitting on the couch. The married coworker.

Come to find out, the whole time I knew these people, before we started dating, this married slut was the wife of my old boyfriend's guitarist. Awkward.

4. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I've told my story on here before but I'll write it again because I love telling it.

I was engaged to my ex boyfriend in early 2010. Pretty much from the moment he proposed he started pulling away from me. I suspected he was cheating but the only thing I had to go on was that he supposedly used to have a profile on okcupid. He said he deleted it but I didn't believe him. So in order to check it out, I had to make a profile. I made a blank one with as little info as I could and searched his city (he lives in a really small town) and there he was, online right at that moment when he was supposedly at work. Whether he actually cheated or not didn't matter. He betrayed my trust. I broke up with him.

Couple days later I said fuck it, and filled out my profile. In two days I got a message from the guy who is my current fiance. He had just joined the day I did, and was about to give up on relationships because he wasn't having any luck and was so lonely. We were inseparable from the moment we started talking on the phone. We moved in together after a year and a half. Now we've been together for 3 years. And we're getting married next year :) I was very lucky to be able to move on from my past relationship so quickly and not have the next one be a disaster.

5. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I have a twist of fate. In high school one night, while at the local place where most teens would hang out. I was going to take out my now wife's sister out. She had Jan and another girl with her, and told me she had to find somebody to give them a ride home. She wandered off. She was gone quite awhile. The other girl flirted with me. After Jan's sister didn't return any time soon. I just told them I could take them home. We left, and told other friends to tell Jan's sister they had a ride. That was the first time I was ever around Jan. But I actually dated the other girl a few times before I started dating Jan.

I don't know If I would have ever dated Jan, had I waited around for her sister.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

liar!

7. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I was good friends with a guy in high school. I knew he had a brother but didn't know him. One semester my friends brother was in one of my classes. I was nice and tried to talk to him since I was originally friends with his brother. He was not as nice as I was. In fact, he was a straight up dick to me. I wasn't attracted to him. I was just trying to be nice. He was a senior, I was a junior.

Cut to a year later I saw him and a friend at a football game. My friend wanted to say hi to his friend so I was like "fuck it. I'll go with you even though that guy is a total dick" I went up, sat down next to him and said hi. He held my hand and we've been together ever since. That was 17 years ago. He's not a dick anymore...for the most part :) and I'm still really good friends with his brother. His brother thought it was really weird for a while but he got used to it.

*Formerly known as crazy4cock*

8. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

I met a guy on the internet a few years back and we messed around a little and just recently I was talking to a guy thru craigslist and we hit it off real good thru chat and we met up and it was the same guy from a few years ago. It was weird and now he is bald