Twilight zone Outer limits

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi TV' started by DreadJockey, Oct 3, 2005.

1. DreadJockey

DreadJockey Member

Anyone else a fan of these shows

Any favorites?
    Do you like the old or the new better?

Funny enough
    I prefer the old Teilight zone to the new
    but the New Outer limits to the old.

but will watch anyone..

2. vegetable_man

vegetable_man Member

I dig the old Twilight Zone....

3. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I enjoy both of the older ones.. cant stand the new twilight and outer limits watched one episode of both and wanted to hang myself..
    I like the old ones waaay better, especially twilight zone..

4. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

The old ones were absolute class, and a damn sight more creepier. The new ones are hit and miss. Some are quite good and others are lame. I prefer the X-Files to the new ones.

5. Love Fest1969

Love Fest1969 Classic Rocker

Twilight Zone is the greatest show ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Dariah

Dariah Member

The Twilight Zone is great. I love how every episode, every story had a twist or moral or something that made you go "Whoa! What the fuck!"
    I also like the Outer Limits... but sometimes. I think some of their episodes are lame, especially the ones that are so sci-fi that I just can't figure out what the hell is going on.
    This just reminded me of a show i used to watch called Beyond Belief. I miss that show.

7. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

"The Twilight Zone" was an amazing show for it's time. Really, I think it's quite good for any time, but I just can't imagine watching those episodes in the late '50s and early '60s. You really have to hand it to Rod Serling, too, being the creator, host, and writer for most of the episodes. A lot of famous actors played parts in "Twilight Zone" episodes, and some famous writers wrote some episodes, too. Really, I'd say that "The Twilight Zone" is one of television's best series.

As for the new (or "revival") series, I don't find them to be very good. It seems like they try to use neat effects, but they just look terribly fake and make me lose interest in the show. What the original series had going for it and the new ones don't is good writing. You don't need all of the cheesy effects.

8. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

I couldn't agree more. Well said.

9. Love Fest1969

Love Fest1969 Classic Rocker

Love them like twilight zone better.

10. SpaceTrippin

SpaceTrippin Banned

I use to watch the original Twilight Zone and Outer Limits, but damn, I can only remember a couple episodes of each show.

11. ElProximo

ElProximo Banned

Im with the OP on this.
    Old Original Twilight Zone absolutely the best thing ever. I dont even count the new versions in this.
    If you can find them... Twilight Zones were originally 1 hour and have a 'live' stage type appearance.
    The ones most of us know are the edited half hour ones (but still the originals of course).

I did not care for the original Outer Limits but I found the new versions pretty good.
    As good or better than the new TZ's.

For me, Id LOVE to find the original Twilight Zone's on DVD collections and in the original 1hour formats.
    (anyone finds such a thing please tell me where heh)

12. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

I broke into my 'Piggy Bank' & bought 2 boxed sets of the entire series 1 & 2 of the original B & W 'The Outer Limits' 1963-1965.

I've only watched half of them;I'm saving the remainder for my new Widescreen t.v. which is coming.
    I've got a few odd episodes of Black & White:'The Twilight Zone' & 'One Step Beyond' on DVD Video but 'TOL' is the most impressive.

13. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

I got the complete boxed set of the twilight zone :) it's one of the best collections i EVER bought :) just watched one today where some guy goes into outer space, and when he's up there he shifts into a parallel dimension, etc... great shit :)

14. Sign Related

Sign Related The Don Killuminati

I like the new outer limits. One of my fav episodes was the one where the robot took over. Another one was when the clones took over.

15. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Twilight Zone marathon is still going here......I saw Room 22 the other night....lady in hospital with the same nightmare over and over again, and i saw this one last night for the first time.....one of my new favorites....
    yes, necro post. Why make another twilight Zone thread?

Talking Tina is on again.....I don't need to see that one again....:D

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fipeu

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Sorry.... I must do this... It's in the job description.

[​IMG]

17. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

The original OF ANYTHING is the best :)

18. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Lately I've been regularly watching The Outer Limits on one of the "off" channels. I quite like it. It isn't new but it isn't all THAT old either, since I easily recognize many tv stars on tv currently.

One Step Beyond is harder to find and its a little campy but I still enjoy it.

The original Twilight Zone (aside from the place I live) scared the bejebus out of me as I was a child growing up. I'd like to find it and watch it now as an adult to see how different my perception is.

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[SIZE=10.5pt]Didn’t watch it this year.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Good to let it rest for a few years…………….as for Telly Savalas - he got what was coming to him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Hotwater[/SIZE]

20. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

and what wast that? I guess what you said here, Hotwater is going right over my head, as i have no idea what you are talkiing about...

Anyway.....the marathon is over now, and the the last one I saw in this marathon was the worst twilight Zone i ever saw.....I never saw it before and did not like it one bit.....I never said that about an episode before....It was the Incident at owl Creek one....where the guy gets hanged.