Tv?

Discussion in 'TV' started by vanilla, May 8, 2004.

1. vanilla

vanilla Member

Hard to believe it but I've actually lived without a TV for 2 years now. Nobody believes that I don't own a TV.

Anyone out there in the same situation?

2. Micro

Micro Member

I lived most of the 1980's without watching tv.....and that wasn't a bad thing. It's funny though, I lived in the desert for 3 years in a ghost town and had satellite tv and internet.

3. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Well... I have considered it myself. But I think that I would miss The Simpsons and South Park. I could always download episodes though.

One thing I wouldn't miss is Faux News

4. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Television is the opiate of the masses. And I love the opiates. :p

5. vanilla

vanilla Member

Actually, the main reason that I don't have a TV is because my landlord didn't give one with the room that I rented. And looking at my room now, I seriously can't think of a place to locate it. I'm so used to life without it now. My boyfriend once said, 'if you have a TV, nobody would be able to see you.'

I once considered linking the computer screen to a whatever you call it, something that lets you watch TV. But judging from my knowledge of it as I am typing this, its no suprise that I am still without one.

6. bertrose

bertrose Member

Cool. I always wanted to do that. You need a TV out card for your computer and cable...and BAM! Your watching the TV while posting to these forums!

7. BoozeJockey

BoozeJockey Member

No...TV out is to OUTPUT things from your computer to your tv. You need a tv tuner card...

8. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

Naw, that's not too hard to believe. I have a tv but the only thing I watch is The Simpsons, baseball & football. Normal tv sucks nowadays...all this crappy reality tv...ick.

9. Micro

Micro Member

I don't think I'd watch much at all if I didn't have cable.

10. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

I know i could live without tv. I'm not sure about living without internet though.

I dont care much about tv apart from comedy shows like friends, bo selecta, etc etc, documentaries and films.

other than that, Tv sucks...big time!

11. charredacacia

charredacacia Member

i havent watched tv since i built this computer. I'm so proud.

12. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

i believe you.. im a teen and i dont watch tv that much anymore like once a week.. its scaring me lol..........chickens yo yo im bored instant message me on any of my chatting fucking things lol......bye

peace

13. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

At school I watch almost no TV. I still watch Chappelle's show, and occassionally The Simpsons and South Park, and movies, but movies don't really count as TV IMO.

14. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

I like having a TV to watch dvd's on and stuff, but I could live without cable.

At the same time it'd be cool not to HAVE a TV at all. I'd get more of my husband's attention and our life would probably be of better quality (Not to mention saving money on the cable bills!)

15. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

I don't watch much t.v, and I never have done. Much more of a music fan myself, I could live without it easily

16. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I watch 5 minutes of TV everyday.... news updates in the morning... and at times, Millionaire at night with my mom.

17. Graham

Graham Member

I havent watched Tv in a few weeks but i never actualy thaught not to watch i just stoped for some reason, ive had music on instead. :) my dad has so much good music its mad, up untill a year ago i thaught his music was rubbish.

18. Fizzyliftingdrink

Fizzyliftingdrink Member

I always have my t.v. on. Even if I'm not watching it. Infact, I can hear it in the other room right now. I think I just like the noise that it makes.

19. SharyBobbins

SharyBobbins QPR Football Fan

yeah a quiet house is creepy, it seems not normal for a house to be quiet.

20. vanilla

vanilla Member

I grew up in a house like that, that's why I'm amazed at how I survived.