TV Mind Control???

Discussion in 'TV' started by digital 3.0, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Trousers... now you're just making up words...

British... [​IMG]

2. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=trousers&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wi

we say trousers and you say pants , you say pants and we say underwear so you say your wearing pants and i think your just wearing underwear. so i ask don't you wear trousers *sigh*

*jumps off cliff*:p

3. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Its ok... you're my friend even if you do come from a country that drives on the wrong side of the road. [​IMG]

4. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I won't try and make any jokes about fanny packs or anything like that any time soon....:p

*sticks with day job*

5. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I watch a MINIMAL amount of TV...maybe an hour or two a week...maybe a tad more during football season. I guess I feel like it's so UNINTERACTIVE, if that's a word. I mean you just sit...and watch it...and nothing comes out of it. YOu can't ask it questions, you can't get more information out of it if you wanted. I feel like it's a total waste of my time. My significant other LOOOOOVES TV. He says it's relaxing...I'm beginning to think he likes being mind-numbed. I'd much rather surf the net...I can filter out what I don't want to see...plus it's interactive. Or READ, or WRITE, or play outside...do all those things that we forget exist after we're a kid...

I don't know...that's just my opinion. I'm not saying television is the downfall of our society...after all I did learn how to count to ten in spanish when I was three by watching Sesame Street.

6. I feel the same way. If I have to stare at a screen, then I would much rather interact and be entertained by selecting my entertainment while doing so.
    My apartment has basic cable, but I hardly ever watch it.
    Basically I pay 30 dollars a month to catch one or two simpsons re-runs
    and maybe a football game or two, otherwise, it's just a 30 dollar bonus to
    the evil cable company for my intermiitent internet access.

Besides, I can't say hello back to ppl like Annie through a TV screen
    *waves*

7. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

*waves back* and *laughs*