Turbulent Times

Discussion in 'Politics' started by newo, Mar 14, 2018.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

Franklin regional school did have one super-fly white guy with a knife stabbed 24 kids.
    March 9, 2016, six people were killed and three others injured in a mass shooting at a suburban house in Wilkinsburg.

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Hillary won the popular vote by nearly 2.9 million votes at last count. Fewer than three-fifths of eligible voters voted. Third-party candidates took solid portions of the vote in a handful of key swing states. There were so many issues in that election that it's impossible to say that voters were voting for Trump because they liked him. With Wikileaks, the FBI director, and Russian bots in the mix, not to mention Hillary's limitations as a candidate, it's hard to say what that election stood for. Trump has never polled as much as 50% in approval ratings. With a system in which the candidate with the most votes loses, representation in the House of Representatives is gerrymandered to stack the deck, and representation in the Senate is the same for every state, it's hard to say that the U.S. is a democracy in any but a relative sense. The 2018 elections are coming up. We'll soon see how popular Republicans are--if they and the Ruskies don't stuff the ballot boxes..

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    scratcho likes this.
  3. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

Yep, our democracy was recently downgraded to a "flawed democracy":

4. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Depend upon how you define recent. This isn't the first time the EC has effed up a popular vote.

And we have been flawed in this Democracy in many ways.

Only place I know of where dead people can vote for a candidate. The only place I know where non citizens are being given the right to vote.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just as you should thank Hipforums for giving you a platform to spew your crap.

Obviously I was at a rally. I believe Guns should be regulated, there should be background checks and waiting periods. Some people shouldn't be allowed to own guns. When a psychotic 19 year old is allowed to purchase an AR-15 then the system is broken and needs to be reformed. Getting a gun shouldn't be easier than getting a drivers license. I'm not out to take guns away from responsible gun owners, I just don't want them in the hands of the irresponsible ones. That hardly makes me an anti gun nutter.

Of course I realize such regulations would seriously cut into the profits of gun manufacturers, costing them a lot more than the money they spend funding the NRA and bribing politicians. Profits over people.

Meliai likes this.
  6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

.That's largely Republican mythology, intended to justify voter suppression, which is admittedly undemocratic

Idlewild likes this.
  7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"Martin Luther King's 9-year-old granddaughterYolanda Renee King also spoke.

"My grandfather had a dream that his four little children would not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character," she said, referencing her grandfather's famous speech. "I have a dream that enough is enough. That this should be a gun-free world. Period."

That poor, naive child. Bless her heart.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

try again. hipforum is just one place. orison squirrel is everywhere.
    see Im not hiding behind the computer like some you folks that never show you face.
    you all give shit to people like Pressed Rat. Least he dont hide behind an avatar ..
    big talkers but nothing to back it but a reefer avatar.
    think some you professionals would have youtube channels with a million followers. nope.
    yiz inside this bubble here. 70% perverts, 10% potheads, 10% retired 10% Russian political scholars.

you went to a rally, to bad your obama phone dont have a camera. might of had some decent footage.

Again, I dont give a shit about your anti gun bologna .. Ban all the mean guns, high capacity mags. I really dont care, it makes no difference to me ..

Those rallies woudnt have happened wasnt for the police with guns protecting them..

9. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Show me where it's mythology please.

What party is fighting to give illeglal aliens all of the rights of voting citizens?

I can show you links of convictions of people registering dead people to vote.

10. newo

People, especially in the south, saying "He's a squirrel", means the person is silly, scatterbrained and lacking in common sense.

I guess you missed my post on the previous page where I showed six pics I took with my cell phone which I bought and paid for.

So are you saying without police protection some NRA nuts would have opened fire on the crowds? You make a good argument for gun regulation.

11. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

You're not asking me but I saw the same things. I think he's trying to point out that the very same weapons they rally against are the same ones used to protect them.

I see no NRA terrorist aspects to it. I guess it's whatever world you want to live in.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You guys still dont get it

No one is rallying against the responsible ownership of guns. Throughout several speeches yesterday in my town there was not one mention of gun confiscation. There was a focus on background checks, closing loopholes, limiting magazine capacity.

If you guys want to get into cops carrying guns we can. Last year there were 458 deaths by gun by police in the US. 0 in Britian. 8 in Germany. Cops in the US are trigger happy because they're scared. They shoot either because someone IS armed or because they think someone is armed. If we had tighter regulation on guns and saw gun violence go down as a result, police would have less reason to use their own guns

unfocusedanakin and MeAgain like this.
  13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Can't tell is this is satire or something you really believe...

14. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I totally agree.

15. newo

It's true that we'll never see a gun-free world, but we need gun regulation reform, including a reform of the second amendment. Keep the second amendment but reform it. 18th-century laws should not apply to 21st-century weapons.

16. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Agree. Same applies to the 14th.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well thats a first

;)

Noserider likes this.
  18. Noserider

Fuck Tha Poh-leece

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck 'Em

Fuck Tha Poh-leece

What were you two talking about again?

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

We were talking about how you'd rather see me in the pen than me and Lorenzo rollin in the Benzo

YouFreeMe and Noserider like this.
  20. Noserider

LMAO!

I fucken love you

Meliai likes this.