Turbulent Times

Discussion in 'Politics' started by newo, Mar 14, 2018.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Scenes from the March For Our Lives in Portland Oregon. As you can see the crowd is made up of people of all ages, so cut the crap about it being a bunch of naïve kids!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mcme

mcme lurker

Uhh, teenagers and their parents?

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I cant see your images but I did catch the tail end of the march here and it was all different sorts of people here too. It brought a little tear to my eye to see so many teenagers out taking a stand for something but there were people of all ages and walks of life. I saw a few people with t shirts on indicating they were vets. And a large police presence because there was a counter protest the same day. The police were really nice and making an effort to mingle with the crowd

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I heard that the Boward County police department participated in March for our Lives.

But waited until an hour after it started.

Orison likes this.
  5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

More evidence that the gun owner is not protecting himself from the goverment but their fellow Americans. Although there is enough guns in America for every citezin to have a few it's a small portion of Americans who own many guns. They are the ones interested the fantasies of "tyranny". True changes in law or culture are years away still but this time the gun issues does not seem to be going away like with previsions ones.

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I like it! :) What a smart manifesto!

Just some of the things mentioned

Asmodean and Kerri like this.
  8. Kerri

Kerri Members

If only so many men weren’t soooooo cowardly that they need a fetish toy in order to feel tough

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

Funny how they have been making rap music videos with guns and violence for years and mofos never had a problem with it.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I didnt realize 17 schoolchildren were killed during the making of said rap videos

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Amen to that Orison. I think Pressed Rat actually has a whole rant about this topic. I could be wrong.

I think there's something in my sociology Racial and Ethnic Group Relations text about it too. I'll post it here when I find it.

EDIT: Found it!

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

Again blaming the tool and not the fool. Its the same stupid argument with people. Texting and driving. Not banning phones or putting people in jail for doing it.

These kids are already pissed off they have to take clear backpacks to school..

Why should their rights to cool backpacks be banned by the actions of another. Wait what?

If you haven't seen how rap music has destroyed most black communities and turned them into war zone, turf taking, drug dealing and just keep the focus on this this school shit. Its going to get nowhere.

Maybe you also missed the post of the shootings in my neighborhood, bi-weekly.
    Heck when the neighborhood was white people we had police cars and task force stop and pat.. Now its almost all blacks, no cops and the trash seems to take out itself.

Mass shooter will move on to the next soft targets, open air stadiums.

Thank CNN for giving them a platform and making them internet sensations.

Why were most the anti gun nutters of Hipforum not at these rallies.

I dont even give a shit about assault rifles.

NotMyRealName and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Excellent!

Here's more:

14. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I attended my local March for Our Lives today, and I was floored by how well spoken some of the high school students were. I literally cannot imagine my 16 year old self authoring and delivering such a well wrought speech in from of such of a large audience. Truly empowering, even if you don't necessarily agree with their message.

Asmodean and MeAgain like this.
  15. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yeah these kids let me know that the future at least will have some good examples to help lead.

16. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Damn dude. You can't talk like this.. It doesn't fit into the left agenda.

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Shades of Spiro Agnew! The "Silent Majority" has risen from the grave and walks among us. As in the Nixon era, the silent majority seems to have been synonymous with what public opinion experts call "the inattentive public. Right wingers like to assume that if only these folks were given a voice they'd surely be on board for whatever program they're pushing. Democracy doesn't work that way. Apathy doesn't count.

19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Do you think blacks are a problem? If so, what do you think should be done about them?

20. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Trump figured it out. And was elected in a Democracy.