tshirt modifications (help!?)

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by nimh, May 14, 2004.

1. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

so, last year at a folk fest i saw this grrl wearing a really funky tshirt. it was cut to shreds and she was wearing a tank bra under it. the cutting was very artistic though, it was really funky--there were patterns to the shredding--like flowers and mandala's and stuff like that. i didnt get a chance to talk to her to ask her how she did it. she was totally blissed out and dancing and i didnt want to ruin her zone with my nosiness. do you guys know what i'm talking about here? i want to try it on one of my old t's, but i dont want to just ruin the shirt. i need someone to explain to me how to do it, or to tell me what it's called so i can find a website on how to do it, or even better, link me up to some pics that show how.

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Could you trace designs, then cut them with a razor and put them through the wash? I've never seen what you're talking about, but it sounds cool and it seems like that would work. A razor would shred it more than scissors, wouldn't it? I don't know.

3. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

I always thought these were cool, until I started seeing them sold in mainstream stores in the mall and stuff.

4. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I'm still not really sure what you're talking about.....

5. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

ok, the tshirt is cut up so that there are long strips of fabric that hang into cool patterns and designs. i've never seen anything like it at the mall, but i dont do malls! LOL The T ends up being really long-- like a dress but it's full of holes, and it's really funky looking.

6. ophelia68977

ophelia68977 Member

on www.ohmystars.com there are a few cool instructions for reconstructing old t shirts into nifty new garments.

try www.craftster.com . its another forum website, but it's all about making cool stuff. someone there might know how to make the shirt strips into cool designs as you were describing.