trying to start a revolution

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by ruinedshadow, Jan 24, 2005.

1. consolidated

consolidated Banned

That was my thought exactly!!

2. Lights

Lights Member

If you have that much trouble reading people, your revolution will never succed.

3. Sevenus

Sevenus Member

yeah, I found the ads on my page a little ironic too. But that's what you get with free webhosting... Eventually once these sites grow, hopefully someone will provide a server or some webspace.

4. Goddess Om

Goddess Om Member

What happens with the ads on sites like this is that Google grabs common words and does a search that comes up with a couple of sites...it has nothing to do with the individuals who run the site, or what they would or would not choose to advertise.
    Sevenus - good for you and bring on the revolution man...

5. Dielli

Dielli Member

hey! Im doing the same thing here in my place!
    not with links... but were all getting together, making plans, disputing stuff...
    I personaly next time am planning to invite some old friends.. (they are 10 years older then us) ... and im shure its going to be a good chat! :)
    once or twice a week, we get together... and do our meetings in a park! some of us take food, weed, guitar, etc etc... its aawweesoomme!!!

6. Gurkadurk

Gurkadurk Member

Man, if you guys can pull of taking it to the streets instead of just another website with info and a bunch of people posting but not doing anything that would be great. I just checked out the three dif sites, awesome.

7. Dielli

Dielli Member

and what did I just said Im doing? :)

8. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

I know exactly what you mean Gurkadurk... but I guess at least we're slowly moving in the positive direction. It's better than doing nothing. It might not sound like it but posting on positive change websites still takes effort: time you could be spending posting on this board (which is a hell of a lot of fun but not much else), or doing something away from the computer. It would be better to have physical meetings but the numbers aren't there yet.

Regarding Lights' comment about ads... well our forums are hosted for free so unfortunately that's the price we pay. I don't want any money to be involved in the SFC (Society For Change) unless it's absolutely necessary.

9. Lights

Lights Member

Evolve this into a modern-day Woodstock.

[​IMG]

10. Lights

Lights Member

I can point out irony without being against you, or even beleiving in the things I'm saying.

11. Dielli

Dielli Member

Thats what Im tryin' to do Lights! :)
    its very hard allthough... people are lazy, stupid, and "parasites" .... they most whanna SMOKE... nothing else! but Im tryin' to hard ;)

12. Bonghobbit

Bonghobbit Member

To me, changing the world means wrestling away the concentration of wealth held by the very rich, and redistributing equitably, no easy task.

13. Lights

Lights Member

You aren't against those people, you are for them You need to have more faith in human potential, and love everyone, even your enemies.