Trying mescaline for the first time...

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by OverUnity, Aug 31, 2009.

1. OverUnity

OverUnity Member

in a couple of days, i just got a cutting from ebay. im excited, and this will be my first proper physchedelic experience. a few questions; would it be safe to do alone? I wont take a huge dose and am intending to just listen to some music, play guitar, hopefully have a nice spiritual experience.

also, ive heard that mescaline warps the sound of music, people describe listening to familiar songs as sounding totally different. can anyone elaborate on this?

2. shiva_master

shiva_master Member

Do you know how many grams you are taking? Never tried mescaline myself but a friend said a whole button weighs as a quarter. The one swim said he had anyway. One button said it lasted more than a whole day and a few could get swim going for a few days. Swim said it makes him feel like an Indian."

Not much experience here but hopefully someone will shed some light on your thread.:)

3. OverUnity

OverUnity Member

thanks, im not sure how much to take yet, from looking around it seems like theres a big variance in mescaline content. its a T. Pachanoi cactus though, and a lot of people seem to think that has less mescaline then other cacti. ill probably try about a forearms length

4. strat

strat Member

Forearm's length? That's good for the first time, so that you can get an idea of what cacti are like. You won't be blown away or anything... You'll feel high, but unless the cutting is unusual the effects won't be that strong, i.e. you won't have a full blown cacti experience. Pretty mellow and chilled out, it will be perfect for sitting around with a guitar and stuff.

IMO that would be safe to do alone, although you might eventually want to chill out with your friends lol

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

mescaline content varies from cactus to cactus. It really depends on how what you have was grown.

A well waterd, low stess cactus isn't going to be as potent. You want to stress the plant a little and that will yeild a high mescaline content.

6. col forbin1

col forbin1 Member

mesc is so fun. i have some growin!!

7. phishhead92

phishhead92 Member

yeah man i really want to grow and or get some mescaline it sounds so good, ive heard its even better than lsd

8. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

Well, I've only eaten cactus once, and it was only powder but, IMO it would be alright to take alone. I did it with a friend, but I felt that it would have been great alone as well.
    The only thing is that it lasts for a while, so you might want to end up finding someone to relax with.

9. phishhead92

phishhead92 Member

like how long does it last?

10. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

depending on the dosage, cactus can last up to 12 hours with residual effects still being felt around hour 16. this is with higher doses of course.

11. strat

strat Member

About 12 hours. In other words, it's an all day adventure. I like to set it up so that I have two or three days to work with, because the next day you do not want to exert yourself, you just want to relax and maybe do some light activities.

Edit: Omacatl beat me to it

12. phishhead92

phishhead92 Member

okay so ill do what i do for acid, i usually allow 2 days, one for the comedown and the other afterglow day.

13. OverUnity

OverUnity Member

im preparing the cactus now, from a method on erowid. chopped it into little pieces, blended with equal amount of water and its now been boiling for an hour. it doesn't look like the gooey, pulpy stuff ive seen in pictures though; that basically dissappeared in the first 30 minutes and it now just looks like brownish green water. i might have done something wrong.

14. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

dont boil it too hard. people say mescaline is heat resistant but i notice a loss in potency from high temps when boiling for long periods.

15. IpsissimusFaustus

IpsissimusFaustus Member

Yeah, just have it on a light simmer for a few hours and you should be golden...in more ways than one :D

16. OverUnity

OverUnity Member

so i started drinking the cactus juice at 8.30am, and geez no one was lying about the taste. its by far the rankest thing ive ever tasted, i gagged after 2 sips.

i finally found a decent method though, by plugging my nose, and following each sip quickly with a sip of coffee. the coffee gets rid of the taste pretty effectively, and plugging the nose means you arent getting the full blow of the disgusting taste.

its 9.15 now and i still have a cup to get through. ugh.

17. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

man you gotta get it down in a good amount of time. i don't think about it i start chugging it in marathon like fashion. i just chug as much as i can at one time and take breaks till its done. sitting there sipping it would be toture.

by the way its worth it to get some dried and try an extraction. mescaline crystals in high doses = BOMB!!!

18. IpsissimusFaustus

IpsissimusFaustus Member

Any ideas about drying cacti yourself?

19. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

peel the skin with your fingernails, cut the inner green flesh off the core, dry it in chunks/strips in the sun or in a food dehydrator.

20. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

So what happened OverUnity ? Did you get effects that you anticipated ?
    How long did you simmer it for? Come on fill us in, we want details!