Truth and the Media

Discussion in 'The Media' started by maliaam6, Oct 15, 2007.

1. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

I think that very few people who regularly watch tv realize just how much bs they're being fed. I never really watch tv, so the few times I do (at a friend's house, at the doctors, etc.), I really see it and say to myself, "wow, what a load of shit," and yet everyone continues watching and nodding along like obedient little sheep. When i try to discuss it with people, a lot of times I get blank stares because they simply can't comprehend that Fox News might be lying to them.

2. mental hammer

mental hammer Member

I'm not saying you do this, nail polish, but I find it annoying when some people will rant about the bias & BS that Fox puts out and then entirely ignore the biases of their own preferred media sources.

3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yup MSM is pure trash meant to steer people down a certain path....

TURN OFF MSM TV;BIN NEWSPAPERS!!!!!!

Do it now everyone!!

4. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

In the UK there was once a newspaper called the News Chronical. Popular with readers but not advertisers and therefore not viable from a business point of view.

5. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

If you think it was bs in 2008, what it is today.. is crazy, and some people believe it.

6. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

Most of the news you get on TV is just superficial fluff. You can only get any substance through print or electronic media that requires a bit of reading. Some or probably most people don't want to put in the effort, and I can understand that to some extent. After working all day, most people want to do something a bit more fun.

7. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

I try to get both sides of any story, I was getting some interesting snippets from RT but they have taken that channel down, lots of propaganda flying around, don’t suppose we will ever know everything.