Trump's wall

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Visexual, Feb 14, 2019.

1. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

2. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

3. Existensile

Existensile Member

Also: would happen his first full day in office. Longest day, by far.

Don't think Pres. Trump has even a nano-tissue of interest in a border security, wall; & we didn't need Cohen to tell us Trump has no real interest in leading the nation. Trump's obsession lies in that private property on the border; isn't there now talk of "eminent domain?"

Now this from Claire Voyent: fed. will annex private property; Trump will sue fed. for property once outta office & start building his classy resorts on it. Then suck any & all immigrants that cross into his new playgrounds as the undocumented workers he so enjoys demeaning. Oh, & of course misappropriate his Secret Service, to which he'll be entitled post-pres'y., as henchmen.

The only swamp he'll drain is the U.S. Treasury, to which he also imagines himself entitled. We'll be paying for the Trump pres'y. long after he's gone.

Visexual likes this.
  4. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

The pure fact of the matter is that 2020 is not far off. The wall isn't happening, and I very much doubt he is going to win a second term. I think if nothing else, right wingers are most angry about not getting more money back on their taxes. If that keeps them from voting for him again, I'm not complaining lol

granite45 likes this.
  5. GuerrillaLorax

Download the audio book for free here

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I like this thread title because it speaks the truth. Donald Trump should not be president for a litany of reasons; racism among them. I think though that many republicans are bloodthirsty. They want to win in 2020 even if it means re-electing Donald Trump. It's a sad mistake! I don't think any thinking feeling republican should settle for Trump. Is that their only hope of winning?

Talk of the wall is mostly quiet lately. But here's what I think. It's not a great solution to the problem of illegal immigration. A physical barrier unmanned cannot do what the border patrol can. So make more border patrol guys... Also, there has been talk about more sophisticated means of patrolling unmanned/un-walled sections of border: i.e. drones. I hope they're testing that.

I think all this talk about illegal immigration has significant negative rhetoric though. I don't think it's right to lock out people seeking access to a better life. That being said, I wonder how much immigration we can truly handle. Literally. Is there a limit? We know it isn't cheap to live here; particularly not in certain areas, though some are more reasonable. Does anyone envision the migrant class coming with money to pay rent or feed their family? I think these are things that the media could focus on, because the vision we have of immigrants is one of desperation, crisis, fear, and whatever else. They are probably the most widely misunderstood group of people in America.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  8. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

9. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

Many immigrants are coming to the USA because of violence and poverty in their homeland. Instead of spending millions on a useless wall, spend it on aid to the South American countries. Cutting aid there will cause more to come to America. Maybe that's what Trump wants, to create a mass migration. All he cares about is his ill-informed base who are either too ignorant or too lazy to see the damage he is doing to democracy. Don't impeach him; vote him out, indite him and send him to jail!

MeAgain likes this.
  10. GuerrillaLorax

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

"Freedom is Slavery"

More like:

"Freedom is a conservative dog whistle"

Orwell's prediction was a bit off.

12. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

Crisis? what crisis? are Trump he is the cirisis.