Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. What intent?

Also, when a country fucks up and it leads to a global disease, they deserve every ounce of ridicule possible. Fuck China.

What's amazing is that so few other countries are calling them out for this ineptitude. As citizens die around them.

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Like any good con you know more than anyone right? All the experts are lying to woke you.

My links stand and you don't have the background they do. It is racist period.

3. This happens all over the Pacific island nations as well as a lot of South America and the Caribbean. It's weird how so many people who speak the same language can create so much internalized disdain.

I'm guilty of belittling people who butcher English as well as people who burn rubber out of the church parking lot.

4. Geeeeez, don't get personal with this. It's not racist at all, and shouting it over and over won't make it happen magically. That card was already played.

5. I do think that "Hug a Chinese" is ethnically awkward, though not racist. And that's where this train in the US goes off the rails. Sometimes an ethnic issue, isn't racism. Instead of looking into that further, the go-to solution is reach for the biggest weapon and pull the trigger. Calling this kind of minor shit "racism" is like using a nuke to make toast.

6. unfocusedanakin

Who is getting personal or yelling?

I simply gave you some facts and you double down on feelings and nonsense like a good Con. We all know the REAL victim is white conservative men at any given time. Why don't we let them use dog whistles. How racist of us.

Okiefreak likes this.
  7. I can see both yours and everyone elses points.
    However, we all have to do our bit and not do racist things when around tourists. Now that there are travel bans just about everywhere it mean people need to take safety measures against covid19.
    @unfocusedanakin some things may sound racist but aren't because it's an OH&S issue. Stay as well as you can.

8. Calm ya farm mate.

9. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

These really aren’t mutually exclusive realities so it’s tough to tell what your point is.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  10. unfocusedanakin

Words have meaning and as I thought he was not able to answer why it's so important the virus be "Chinese" when a name has exited for months. All he could do is say it's not actually racist. It's also been called "kung flu" by the same people.

It's the same sort of logic used to say black people are more prone to crime. It's "just the numbers" like it''s "where the virus came from" so it's me who is racist since I see racism. Yet in the facts there are dog whistles and a cultural backgrounds not examined.

11. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And nooses, men in white sheets, and splattering Nazi symbols across the landscape.

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Depends on how you define race.
    According to biologists there is only one human race, but according to others there are many.

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ha!

Calm your farm

I like that one

WritersPanic likes this.
  14. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So your contention is that China deliberately developed this disease and then deliberately spread it around the world?

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oi vey

Im having trouble even caring about soy boy logic at this point in time

Looks like we arent going to have any tourists for a while, and the ones stuck here, we might have to eat soon, and the chinese look snack size

WritersPanic likes this.
  16. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

We need to not worry about what Trump is calling the virus right now. Jesus what a waste of time and energy.

Flagme15 and SuzanneAU1977 like this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Look at the spread across the US

Apart from California which can be put down to travellers

It does follow a temperature dependant pattern, Northern states getting hit harder than southern ones. And of course heavily populated areas moreso than rural ones

18. Nope. Abandon mind reading. It's not your thing.

There's no proof this was developed for any purpose. There's only slim proof that they were "studying" it. But it's not a weaponized agent, it's all natural.

Also, if China was planning to use this for an attack, it would not have happened as slowly as what we have seen here. They would have sent infected agents to major cities and political centers first. If it was food borne, they would have infected rural areas first.

All I see here is negligence on the part of China, incompetence on the part of China, and a cover up, on the part of China.

19. Spring break will probably affect the patterns considerably.

20. I think attacking the designated whipping boy is a fool's errand. It's clearly a distraction.