Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Do you have a quote on that?

What I heard is that he said for democrats it's their latest hoax. Which is not the same thing as saying it's a hoax.

wrat likes this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Close enough to prove --again---he's a fuckin'jackass.

snowtiggernd and Eric! like this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Hoax is not the word that I would use, but I think that most of the western world is reacting out of panic.
    He also called climate change a hoax. Again not true, but the world has been conned on several occasions. The most serious was blaming fridges for depletion of the ozone layer, which we now know is untrue.

Eric! likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yes... That's it exactly. He called it a hoax.

Glad you are paying attention to what is going on around you.

Eric! and scratcho like this.
  5. He called it their hoax. After being the subject of so many of their hoaxes, this should not be a surprise.

I thought this was interesting. Apparently he's a "racist" again, for daring to point out where this disease originates. Which is how these kinds of diseases are often addressed. Race isn't even a factor.

I didn't realize Symone was working for the Biden camp, she's perfect!

wrat likes this.
  6. scratcho

Fox "news"? Didn't bother.

snowtiggernd likes this.
  7. wilsjane

Sadly, as I explained in my original post on this thread, the world is powerless and only our immune system combats viral infections.
    I agree that his response was not what people wanted to hear, but even if he did succeed in keeping the virus out for now, he would be leaving the country without immunity.
    Corona is found in animals and it is believed that they can carry 19. (the human mutation) Next year, all it would need is one rat in a container ship to light the fuse again.

8. wilsjane

Have you read my first post on this thread (#14).
    All new viruses are serious, particularly to people with pulmonary medical conditions, but I simply do not see corona 19 as significantly more serious than others over the last few decades.
    I hope that I am correct and nothing has been hidden, such as human interference with the strain.

9. Tyrsonswood

Yeah... You keep trying to nuance this away.

It wouldn't have mattered who he blamed the "hoax" on he still called it a hoax. Period.

10. scratcho

Hannity now says--"I always took the corona virus seriously." This man has no shame and no credibility, after calling it a "plot of the deep state to get trump.A democratic hoax,etc."Why in hell ANYONE would listen to ANYTHING this phony has to say? Or watch fox "news", for that matter? What is wrong with people?

snowtiggernd and Okiefreak like this.
  11. Tyrsonswood

Brain damage?

snowtiggernd likes this.
  12. "Period." Yea, I was wondering.

Only he said this well after the Chinese cat was out of the bag. You're just hanging on a set of words that happen to line up with your hopes and dreams. You're completely ignoring context here. It reminds me of the Scooby Doo movie where the news hound is pressing Freddy who finally says "You're just trying to make me say that [city] sucks".

Funny stuff.

13. scratcho

(to post 31)You hate to think it. Maybe it's 'çuz mommy and daddy were repubs?

14. I have a lot of respect for the Head-In-Sand point of view!

Gul Dukat likes this.
  15. scratcho

(curls lip) Thank ya'. Thank ya' vera' much.

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The idea is to slow the spread of the virus until we have the hospital beds and supplies to treat the patients. That's all. Conceivably a vaccine might be availble within a couple of years, and conceivably, the warmer weather might help. We just don't know. But no need to be fatalistic just yet. Dr. Fauci says do it this way, and I respect his views more than I do Trump's or Boris Johnson's. What's never a good idea is to give out conflicting information, to say tests are available when they aren't , or to say the whole thing is a hoax perpetrated by the opposing political party.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Yeah. I wonder what you'd have if it were a Democrat President doing the same thing?

Truckguy1987 likes this.
  18. scratcho

WP-- let me 'splain --anything on fox is so, so opposite of what I believe. Hence, my comment.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Meh, you are all going to take the $1000

Ooh, give it to me Donald, give it to me hard

20. wilsjane

Absolutely.
    Did you see the crazy pictures of dozy Boris loading crates of food at number 10. It started a near riotous situation in shops all over the UK.