Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Hell, they still are. It's like they saw a sublingual message and it's embedded in their brain, or, or Putin has hoodwinked them. I'm glad he's in Florida. He better stay too. I understand Iraq and Iran have a warrant for his arrest. If they catch his ass.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

At last count there were 414,934* Americans dead from the Trump Virus (and another dying every 26 seconds). If each death affects an average of 15 people, that's 6,224,010 grieving Americans (and counting).
    If for no other reason, perhaps we could bear this in mind this year, and try to treat each other with a bit more gentleness, patience, and compassion.

* The CDC estimates that the actual mortality of the Trump Virus may be being under-reported by as much as 33%.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

erofant likes this.
  5. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

8. erofant

erofant Members

For all those that CLAIM to be Christians - one would HOPE that we can all treat each other "as we would like to be treated ourselves." (Something about the "Golden Rule.")

Seems like millions of "Christians" have forgotten (or ignored / interpreted to fit their agendas) many of Jesus' teachings.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins has said that the proliferation of the virus due to partisan resistance and politicization around wearing a face mask could be responsible for tens of thousands of deaths.

Collins said that misinformation around COVID was particularly harmful around mask-wearing. In the early months of the pandemic, evidence showed that wearing a mask helped to stop the spread of the disease, said Collins. “And yet, with a variety of messages through a variety of sources, mask-wearing became a statement about your political party or an invasion of your personal freedom,” he said.

“A mask is nothing more than a life-saving medical device, and yet it got categorized in all sorts of other ways that were not factual, not scientific, and, frankly, dangerous,” Collins continued. “And I think you could make a case that tens of thousands of people died as a result.”

Republicans' Politicization of Mask-Wearing May Have Killed Tens of Thousands

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

As if they care...

scratcho and erofant like this.
  11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

What is the TRUE situation in the US right now.? It can only be measured in the TOTAL mortality rate for 2020 compared the the average of the previous 3 years.

As I have mentioned before, around 8,000 people die every day in the US and 95% of them have the CURRENT virus in their system during their last 72 hours. The fact that the virus was covid, does not make them covid deaths, since covid was not the PRIMARY cause of death.

However, when a person is recovering from another illness or virus and their immune system is low, a covid attack can cause their UNNESSARY early death.
    These people can be saved by prompt ICU intervention. This is why, the hospitals cannot be allowed to become overwhelmed. It is that simple, but somehow the US government has not relayed the message that the IDIOTS who refuse to cooperate in the restrictions have the knock on effect of allowing others to die.

In any year where a first mutation virus exists, their will be a peak in the death rate of the sick. A 1% increase in the figure mans that they have lived on average 21 days less.
    So when I saw the US 2020 lower than 2019 figure, it was obvious to me that it was wrong.
    With all the corruption and back stabbing within your government and medea, will anyone ever tell you the truth.
    It is a sad time for democracy and even sadder for people who have been allowed to die in the crossfire.
    The way that Trump behaved has turned him into a COMPLETE idiot in my opinion.
    Please don't take my options as an insult to your country as a whole, since I am outside the US. .

12. Tyrsonswood

Yeah... You can spin that anyway you want to, doc... They died from COVID.

erofant likes this.
  13. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Unless we get shot dead or hit by a bus, we all die with a virus in our system, as we have done since the dawn of time.

Given the choice, would you get rid of every virus on the planet in exchange for spending a few extra days writhing in agony as your organs fail one by one.

In reality, viruses regenerate our immune system, so those days in agony would come much sooner than you expect.

Do you know any otherwise healthy people who have been suddenly killed by covid.? I cannot trace a single person in our area.

14. Tyrsonswood

Sure, doc... Whatever you say.

You should get a job at a hospital telling family members their loved ones didn't mean squat.

erofant likes this.
  15. erofant

erofant Members

Soooooooo many people these days act & behave as if there's no GOD. They don't care about others - only themselves. If a simple thing like wearing a mask can save lives, hospitalizations (which ADD to the cost of healthcare everyone bitches about) and some people refuse to wear a mask because "it's not manly", "only pussies wear masks", "masks are for snowflakes", etc. GOD will have His turn at those people.

There IS a GOD ................ there IS PUNISHMENT for the SIN of indifference ................ and people who think everything humans do is forgiven - - - - - are WRONG. Nowhere in the Bible does God tell humans - "Go ahead ............ do whatever you want. I've got you covered, so you can keep right on sinning and acting uncaringly & selfishly."

Read Jesus' own words about lying, indifferent, uncaring, greedy, selfish people. If anyone doesn't believe Jesus' own words .................... well ................ they have MUCH BIGGER problems that anyone here on earth can help them with.

"Blessed are the merciful - for they will obtain mercy." - Jesus.
    "Whatsoever you do to the least of my people - that you do unto me." - Jesus.

16. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Show me the evidence you have regarding your pronouncement !!!

17. erofant

erofant Members

Vlad -
    If you're an atheist and believe there is no God ............... I can be of NO HELP for you. It's called faith for a reason. Even Albert Einstein, with all his "show me - prove it to me" approach to all things scientific - believed there's a "beautiful mind" that designed everything there is in the universe. Einstein said things are NOT random in the universe - but there is a brilliant design. Randomness couldn't provide for all that's in the known universe, and how things relate and react to one another. And he was anxious to be able to meet the owner of that "beautiful mind."

Peace brother.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

If I have heart disease and go under a bus, I didn't die from heart disease; I GOT HIT BY A FUCKING BUS!

19. erofant

erofant Members

In the latest demonstration of REPUBLICAN lunacy BULLSHIT - Marco Rubio has called for the firing of Dr. Fauci for "moving goalposts / info" about Covid-19. Mr. Rubio has shown he has no grasp - or doesn't care about FACTS - on the progression of knowledge GAINED on a NEW - repeat NEW - virus. Covid-19 was unknown before 2019, so there was no history of it's effects, it's origin, how it spreads, how to treat it - and most importantly - there was no vaccine for it. So it was a brand new "subject" to be studied and addressed.

Rubio and other unknowing IDIOTS have claimed that the reports keep changing. NO SHIT !!!!!!!! When a NEW virus crops up anywhere in the world, all facts on it are NOT YET KNOWN. So as time progresses, and more scientists around the world are studying a NEW (novel) virus, new facts are learned all the time. So the "story" changes as new info is discovered or proven. This is how ANY new subject works!!!
    We landed a Mars rover vehicle on Mars recently. Do we know all there is to know about Mars now??? Did we know "all" the minute it landed???? Will we learn more as time goes on???? Y-E-S. The same kind of timetable applies to Covid-19 ................ and any other virus that crops up in the future.

The S-T-U-P-I-D-I-T-Y shown by THE REPUBLICAN PARTY when it comes to Covid-19 ............ and science in general ............. is mind-boggling. - - - - - But .......... much of "the base" is similarly ignorant of science and how knowledge is gained ................................ BY STUDYING - like the medical community has done - and IS STILL DOING - about the Covid-19 virus.

Congratulations, Rubio ..................... you've confirmed you're a complete MORON.

I will say here that - - - I DO NOT think every Republican is an idiot or a moron. The sad fact is that soooooo many of the REPUBLICAN politicians and many of "the base" .............. ARE. Just listen to soooo many of them try to prove a point. They prove it themselves.

Joshua Van and scratcho like this.
  20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Trump Wanted to Send COVID-Infected Americans to Guantánamo Bay

One of the reasons Donald Trump should never again be allowed within 1,000 feet of the White House, or perhaps even the District of Columbia, is that he’s a wannabe dictator who literally sent a mob to the Capitol in an attempt to overturn the results of a free and fair election apparently wanted to send some of the people infected with that virus to a prison synonymous with human rights abuses. Yes, really!

In the early days of the coronavirus pandemic, as White House officials debated whether to bring infected Americans home for care, President Donald Trump suggested his own plan for where to send them, eager to suppress the numbers on U.S. soil. “Don’t we have an island that we own?” the president reportedly asked those assembled in the Situation Room in February 2020, before the U.S. outbreak would explode. “What about Guantánamo?”

“We import goods,” Trump specified, lecturing his staff. “We are not going to import a virus.” Aides were stunned, and when Trump brought it up a second time, they quickly scuttled the idea, worried about a backlash over quarantining American tourists on the same Caribbean base where the United States holds terrorism suspects.

scratcho and Tyrsonswood like this.