Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Of an empty tent full of beds that arent actually ICU beds

Score!

2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That is in the US, it does not apply here - Doctors here have administered Warfarin and Heparin to Covid patients also suffering from Thrombosis and Embolii

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Responding poorly is still responding... Right now it's not even on his radar.

4. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Being as it was just put up at time of filming its no great surprise that its empty and more beds FREEING up icu beds is the same thing

SCORE!

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Eastern China, Vietnam, Sth Korea, Australia and New Zealand

There are only 4 1/2 countries left now that have suppressed the virus so far

And Hebei is in lockdown, so eastern China might not last much longer. And I didnt include Thailand in that list because of recent events

Those 4 1/2 countries all have the same thing in common. Military like contact tracing and they cut off international travellers early

I dont care about Trump now, he lost the election, but if it wasnt for the China travel ban earlier than anyone else wanted, youd have 4 times as many covid deaths by now. Efficient contact tracing in a country with 330 million people was never going to happen, and was more the responsibility of your state governors

The vaccines arent going to save 80 yr olds that were 3 months away from death anyway, and they are not going to save people that are 400 pounds whose body cant transcribe the PAI-1 protein. You are not going to be able to get enough people to take the vaccines anyway

Trump was right with what he needed to be right about. Youll have more covid deaths in 2021 than 2020. Then Trump will just look like the President you got rid of because everyone panicked, then the following years, shit got worse

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

4 different continents is in the US?

Please learn to read

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

How does a tent full of non ICU beds free up ICU beds?

Arrrghhhh

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You voted him out, so what does it matter now

Bidens great plan is everyone wear masks his first 100 days and thats it

Giddy up for 2021

9. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Seems you are incapable of reading !!! - this is a quotation from the report that you linked - !!!

In the United States, the ACTIV-4 trial is being led by a collaborative effort with several universities, including the University of Pittsburgh and New York University, New York City.

10. wrat1

wrat1 Members

The hospital has more than 400 beds but because of what they call the unrelenting rise in coronavirus patients, there very few available for intensive care.

"We can't stop being the only level 1 trauma center. We can’t stop being only stroke, only burn center, and this facility lets us do that," said Dr. Sebastian Schubl, a trauma surgeon.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So, the tent outside represents a 12.5% increase in the number of beds to tackle this 'unrelenting rise'

Mmmm hmmmm, okey dokey

12. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

Here in my town, we're using nursing homes as COVID-19 overflow. Which is causing senior citizens to die, which is not fazing our mayor. Truly a sad, sad time in our country.

13. wrat1

wrat1 Members

WOW that is seriously SAD and messed up sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

One of our best friend's uncle just died of the Trump Virus. He'd been transferred to a nursing home a day or two earlier; probably to free up a badly needed ICU bed once it became clear he wouldn't survive. Theirs is a very tight-knit extended family; he's quite gutted.

15. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

My three closest friends contracted and beat the Kung Flu, but it wasn't a pretty road to recovery. One lost her sense of smell for a month.

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Referring to SARS CoV-2 as the "Kung Flu" isn't a witty play on words; it's an overtly racist trope used by the American administration to froth up their perpetually outraged white supremacist electoral base and deflect blame from their own criminal malfeasance and resultant mass murder, which has caused the U.S. to suffer 20% of the deaths globally despite making up only 4.8% of the world's population.
    The Trump Virus doesn't give a shit what nationality you are.
    SARS CoV-2 was in Italy as early as September 2019.

My nearest neighbor's daughter and grandson are ill with the Trump Virus; as are another neighbor's brother and sister-in-law. One of our closest friends buried his uncle yesterday.

erofant, scratcho, Sambone and 2 others like this.
  17. .

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2021
    erofant likes this.
  18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It's not really Trump's response we're focused on anymore, is it? :D

When I'm honest, I wonder how much stimulus is really needed. Working families are getting these checks up to $75,000 a year. Isn't that fancy! ;)

Well, for 2020 I didn't work the whole year, so I made far less than if I had. But my income is reasonable. I'm grateful for anything I can get, but do I need it? I'm not sure.

19. erofant

erofant Members

What Trump and his lying enablers have caused is called "mass indifference." And what's maybe even sadder is ....................... sooooo many American citizens have TOTALLY bought into the lies - about Covid, the election results, "march to the capitol - I'll be right there with you" ................... etc., etc., etc.

Jim Jones would be sooo proud of the "Kool-ade drinkers." (many here probably don't even know - or remember - who Jim, Jones was.)

scratcho and Sambone like this.
  20. erofant

erofant Members

This is only PART of Trump's shit-stain legacy. Pretty F- ing sad 4 years. GOD BLESS & REST all those who died - and BLESS their loved ones who must deal with their loss.

Piobaire likes this.