Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Well, he signed it into law. At the urging of senator Sanders, among others, no less! It's $600 for everyone except me - dependent adults. SMH

Well, I'm back at work and can't be claimed as a dependent for 2020, so I qualify for a credit to claim stimulus called the "Recovery Rebate Credit". I'm hopeful that I'll get both stimulus checks with my tax refund, but that won't be until April. Maybe someone will give me a loan on the amount of the return for 5%... :tonguewink:

2. erofant

erofant Members

One more very sad update .............. now over 336,000 U.S. citizens DEAD of Covid-19. "Operation warp speed" isn't so speedy with their logistical roll-out of vaccines - not even close to what they bragged about.

"It's only 1 person coming in from China. Don't worry - we have it all under control." - Donald Trump ...... early 2020
    "It'll all disappear like magic, once the weather warms. It'll miraculously disappear." - Donald Trump ...... early 2020

MeAgain, scratcho and Tyrsonswood like this.
  3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

4. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

With this new strand of COVID surfacing, I'm wondering if taking the vaccination would be worth it since Moderna based this vaccine off the original strand.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yes. it would be worth it..it works on all strands so far.

erofant and Tishomingo like this.
  7. erofant

erofant Members

I'll take the shot for sure. If it even acts like traditional flu shots - which don't guarantee you won't get the flu, but it'll mitigate the effects of the flu so you don't die from it - the new vaccine will be worth it. I'll take it.

MeAgain likes this.
  8. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

I just tested today, did not take the rapid. I will take the shot if I turn out negative, or after I am negative again. I have no symptoms.

wrat1 likes this.
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Give me your definition of "works"

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

And you all realise the super infectious strains, there are two of them, means the virus was going to spread everywhere no matter what measures were taken

Everything we did in 2020 just delayed everything 6 months

11. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh - has the pink poodle popped up again ??? - so tell us - when are they going to stick your arse with the vaccine ???

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

[​IMG]

13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Anyone else tell me how you think the vaccine is going to protect people from the blood clotting?

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

It's already started, to support the roll out of the vaccine, we are in to "oh, but old people die anyway" territory

Watch

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There are three main candidates for proteins in the body the virus is triggering blood clotting because of, what actually is causing most of the deaths

Several drugs in development associated with them that won't be available till the end of the year

16. erofant

erofant Members

I'm ashamed to say I have a number of relatives who STILL think Covid-19 is a made-up Democratic hoax. A couple of them think the shot is to implant them with a chip. o_O O..... M ..... G !!!!!!

This is a question of physical possibilities ........... When loading a syringe out of a multi-dose vial, how does a person draw in one specific chip??? ( a microscopic one! ) How is that even possible???

I guess if you're in the radical LUNATIC FRINGE .......... anything is possible. Tin foil hats all around!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

scratcho, wrat1 and MeAgain like this.
  17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

This has been floating around the internet...

[​IMG]

It's actually part of the schematic for a guitar distortion pedal...

Stupid people are stupid.

erofant, scratcho and wrat1 like this.
  18. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Always remember there is a certain amount of people who think the earth is flat and chocolate milk comes from brown cows

erofant, scratcho and Tyrsonswood like this.
  19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Your just as gullible for believing fake Reddit posts

20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

:joycat:

Tht's pretty rich... I had a caller the other day (work in call center) who didn't like the 5G idea. He said that Google can track your body movement by the way your phone is tilted/knows when you get in and out of a car, etc. Probably so... but he said more so with 5G. That's the part I didn't exactly understand. Isn't it simply better internet for your phone, for those times when you aren't on a Wi-Fi hotspot or your home internet and need to use cell tower internet?