Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. wrat1

wrat1 Members

deaths of tens of thousands of Americans squarely on his own head.

actually we are way into the HUNDREDS of thousands but.........

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

"It is what it is" ~ Donald J. Trump

"Stop the testing" ~ Donald J. Trump

mysticblu21, erofant and scratcho like this.
  3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hypocrite !!! - who was it I saw wearing a plastic bag over their nose and mouth on another forum hmmm ???. Pity you didn't put it over your head entirely and tie the handles tight around your neck !!!

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What on earth are you talking about?

wrat1 likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

And now you have Biden magic solution to beat Covid; everyone wear a mask for my first 100 days in office, pretty please

Becuase you know, masks have been working so well the last 6 months

One gigantic worldwide mass delusion cult

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I like how he claimed Covid was not real/ does not matter but after being embarrassed he "found the cure for it". This is classic narcissist behavior. He would probably struggle with middle school biology but he understands the virus well enough to create a vaccine. He can not fathom not being the best at something. I guess the fake media just never showed the public all the time he spent in the lab right?;)

A lot of political pundits think he could have easily won had he shown any common sense or empathy to Covid victims. Biden is not that popular many of his votes are not for him they are votes against Trump. In a 2 party system that is how it works, who do you hate the least?

I also think it's funny the only reason his old ass survived the virus is he had access to stem cells. Kind of goes against all that pro life nonsense his party pushes.

erofant likes this.
  7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

While I think that some of what we did was SLIGHTLY over the top, Trump did nothing and that was unforgivable. As you said, it showed him in his true colours.
    He could have simply supported businesses and local government to fine tune the restrictions to meet the varying needs of their towns and cities. Here we have relaxed on local communities, only worrying about serious breeches, but we have clamped down hard on public transport who could spread the virus over a large area. Our maximum fine for people seriously breaking the rules is £6,400.

Unfortunately, we were not getting a true picture of what was happening in the US. This is mainly because the BBC tend not to criticise other world leaders in countries who share a similar democracy with us.

wrat1 likes this.
  8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

You must know that he tweeted to them on Twitter at 4am in the morning. :):):);););)

wrat1 likes this.
  9. erofant

erofant Members

For an AIRBORNE virus - a NEW virus - letting some people, towns, districts, or businesses remain open and free-to-move as usual is like saying "I'll kill these cockroaches over here. If I stamp on those, the rest will take flight." It's NOT going to happen. Especially with asymptomatic carriers strolling around in public. There are still folks who say, "I'm not sick. Why do I have to stay home?" These simpletons DO NOT understand what asymptomatic even means!! You don't have to be sick to be a CARRIER!!!

The problem with this Covid-19 virus is that instead of looking at it like any other infectious disease - some factions have turned it into a political "tool" to divide and conquer vast numbers of voting blocks in various countries. The worst example of which is here in the U.S. - which is WHY our case & death numbers are so high. Politicians have turned a biological disaster into an argument about "Constitutional rights" !!! But many of the people here are not bright enough to see that, so they continue to scream, shout, and foam at the mouth about restrictions on human movement. And thousands of people continue to DIE because of stupidity and ignorance.

The quickest way to get the case numbers DOWN - - - is to sit tight and go out only for groceries - and when you do ............ wear a damn mask!!! Many people like to "claim" they're tough ......... while whining about wearing a mask!!! What would the "greatest generation" say that LED - - - LED - - - us through WWll ??? Gas rationing & cigarette rationing, severe travel restrictions, checking ID's, blacking out ALL your windows, military folks coming to your houses to collect any metal, silk stockings (parachutes), etc. They'd laugh at this bunch of WHINING, SNIVELLING "tough guys" of today.

How tough is it too sit tight and wear masks until say - May 1st?? Sure - more gov. stimulus will be needed .............. but we've never faced such a global threat to ALL economies before. We need to do what we need to do. The sooner we "bite the bullet" - - the sooner we'll get back to "normal."

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    granite45 and scratcho like this.
  10. erofant

erofant Members

Updated death toll ............. now over 281,000. May God rest them, safe from the uncaring, unloving, and lying.

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Do you think the proposed 'liability protections' are anything other than license to buck the science on Covid-19? I mean, they're basically saying to these, shall we say questionably motivated business decisions that they're off the hook - you can decide what's right for your business and there's no consequence for that.

Well, it sounds an awful lot like freedom of choice, right? Pffft... Wrong.

It's license to be asinine. You don't want to require masks? That's ok... Your employees don't have sanitizer you say? fine.

This liability protection is absolutely the enemy. I can see the potential for abuse of the situation with Covid-19 in a court setting as well as anyone. But that doesn't excuse businesses from being responsible. This loophole - this very counterintuitive move - would basically allow them to win any court battle that seeks to remedy, or damages for Covid-19-related troubles.

If I were any person in Congress, I would leave it ultimately up to each judge in every case to determine whether or not a business is guilty of negligence in coronavirus spread or related hurt. It's just common sense. You don't hamper the ability of justice - for what? To save a struggling business from wrongful court proceedings? What in the hell?! How heroic... Wow. I'm glad someone thought of the poor businesses...

erofant, wrat1 and granite45 like this.
  12. soulcompromise

wrat1 likes this.
  13. soulcompromise

So, the jobless are those who truly need a stimulus check. I understand that. If I lost my job, the next things to happen will be I'll have to use my savings to pay the rent and buy groceries, then the 401 k. At this rate it depletes my resources by about $1500 (at the very least) for rent, and another, oh, $200 for groceries each month; again, at least... That's $1,700. If you're making somewhere in the neighborhood of $450 per week at your bs job, you rake in a whopping $1,800 each month. So after the rent is paid and the groceries are purchased, your savings is about $50. If you've been at your job for 5 years doing that, your savings is about $3,000 - less if you bought into health insurance and retirement.

The reality for that demographic is dismal. Their savings and retirement are wiped out quickly without additional income - roughly 1.5 months later they're down to zero. They need MORE than $1,200; not less. AND unemployment insurance - which at normal pays out 60 to 70 percent of your gross or net (I don't know, but likely gross). $270 weekly ($1,080 a month) to $315 weekly ($1,260...) isn't enough to get by. They'd really need to beef up that program, and it probably should have been done long ago but they're skittish and obstinate about incentivizing unemployment.

Why are we decreasing unemployment AND stimulus checks? My answer is it's because they can't pay without increasing taxes.

14. Tyrsonswood

The GOP doesn't give a shit about any of this...

erofant and soulcompromise like this.
  15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I worry about the medical workers. Trumprs are going to come for them because they are "part of the conspiracy". I am really happy I don't have to worry about that.
    The things I see on the news scare me. I thought it would get bad when Trump lost but not this bad. Burn out and depression is a big problem in the medical community anyway but especially now. They work so hard to save people and now they are told they want to kill people and the average person knows more because they watched a Youtube video. They are giving up because they have their own families to keep safe and people just don't listen.

In a few weeks it will become Biden's problem. The double think of the right wing will work it's magic. Some of them even claim Obama funded the Chinese in engineering the virus. You know the long con.

16. Vladimir Illich

Somebody should 'top' this guy !!!

Trump: Millions Of Americans Getting Covid-19 Is 'Terrific' And A 'Powerful Vaccine'

HuffPost staff writer
    Dec 9th 2020 3:39AM
    President Donald Trump on Tuesday spun the high number of Americans who have been infected with Covid-19 as "terrific," claiming falsely that all those cases serve as a "powerful vaccine."

"I think that the vaccine was our goal, that was number one, because that was the way, that was the way it ends," Trump said at a White House coronavirus vaccine summit.

"Plus, you do have an immunity, you develop immunity over a period of time, and I hear we're close to 15%, I'm hearing that, and that is terrific. That's a very powerful vaccine in itself and just tremendous progress has been made," he added.

[​IMG]
    23 PHOTOS
    Donald Trump in the days since his election loss
    See Gallery
    It seems the president was suggesting that the country is approaching herd immunity via the rising number of infections.

Public health experts predict that herd immunity from Covid-19 will be achieved when roughly 60% to 70% of the population has been vaccinated.

Narrator: A 15-percent infection rate is not "a really powerful vaccine." It is not a vaccine. https://t.co/r6mvl17nG5

— David Corn (@DavidCornDC) December 8, 2020
    It's not clear where Trump's "15%" figure came from. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recorded a positivity rate of 11.7% on Nov. 28. However, that number refers to the percentage of coronavirus tests with positive results over the course of a week, not the total number of people who have been infected in the United States since the pandemic began.

The U.S. just passed 15 million confirmed cases of Covid-19, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. That amounts to roughly 4.5% of the 331 million population having been infected.

The White House did not immediately return HuffPost's request for clarification on the 15% figure.

Experts warn that pursuing herd immunity via infection, rather than a vaccine, would cost several million lives. More than 285,000 people in the U.S. have already died from Covid-19. There is also evidence to suggest that people who have been sick with the coronavirus can be reinfected.

Nonetheless, Trump has embraced the idea of herd immunity via infection for months.

After his remark Tuesday, he went on to boast that the U.S. only has so many cases because there is so much testing ― another claim he has made for months.

His comments came in response to a reporter who asked for the president's message to the American people about what they should do over Christmas and how they should face the pandemic's hardships given the surge in cases around the country.

hotwater likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'd say about a million Covid deaths in the US over Bidens first 365 days in office

18. Vladimir Illich

And the stake is ???

19. Tyrsonswood

20. wrat1

wrat1 Members

pretty sure we topped 9/11 yesterday go USA