Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. erofant

erofant Members

Right around 270,000 U.S. citizens DEAD as of today. Records being set every day now for new cases and hospitalizations - hospitals overflowing, staffs stressed to exhaustion - and Trump is tweeting his ass off about his "election win", the fraudulent election results, being pissed off at Barr for not complying with his FAKE diatribe of fraud, firing anyone not loyal to him / disagreeing with him, playing golf, etc.

What a "bang-up job" Trump has done .................... of being oblivious to the safety & ACTUAL NEEDS of the U.S. citizens.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Oh... Trump responded, did he?

I must'a missed that....

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

looks like they're going to forgo the stimulus check! - for now - omg. :fearscream:

wrat1 likes this.
  5. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Both sides are so out of touch as to what the AVERAGE person needs its not surprising in the least

soulcompromise likes this.
  6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

7. wrat1

wrat1 Members

That actually is a TRUE statement

Coronavirus (COVID-19) statistics
    United States
    279,634 death

India
    139,234 death

Brazil
    175,307 death

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

He said that at a time there were only 50,000 deaths.

9. wrat1

wrat1 Members

It still would be true....no matter how much you despise him

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

They are just still in denial about how many old, unhealthy and obese people there are in the first world

You can't seriously say India had the resources to handle it better than the US, death rates not quite as high in India because most don't make it to 80 there to die of covid anyway, and no where near as many people are 400lbs

And they will still blame Trump, the guy they have been calling a moron for 4 years, but won't blame all these health "experts" that didn't say a fuckin thing about winter for 7 months and thus didn't prepare, and should have known better

It's like a religious cult now, an army of mask wearing Sergeant Schultz's....I see nothing!

11. Tyrsonswood

Ummmm..... Just so you know, I've been calling Trump a moron since the early eighties.

hotwater, MeAgain and erofant like this.
  12. erofant

erofant Members

Pretty sad for the "richest, most advanced country on Earth" to have these stats. I'm waiting for Biden's much more focused plan of attack to get Covid-19 numbers down and under control. When the virus get tamed .... our country and our economy will pick up again. I think in time - it'll boom due to the pent-up demand and anxiousness to get out & go to restaurants, stores, buy things, build things, hit the sports venues, etc. I think it'll be BOOMING ........... but not until Covid gets under control .............. like they did in other "less developed countries."

13. erofant

erofant Members

Right there with you Tyrsonswood !! His interview with Playboy Magazine back in the 80's sealed my opinion of Trump. I remember his on-air quote when he said, "The show is Trump - and it's on 24-7." Anyone with 2 brain cells clicking could see what a self-centered narcissist he was even back then. A big-mouthed, blow-hard con-artist / salesman .............. nothing more.

MeAgain likes this.
  14. erofant

erofant Members

Just to state my position on this Covid-19 "response" ...................... I'm a centrist Dem - but no matter which party - any party - that would handle this Covid-19 global pandemic as has been done by Trump - I'd call them an idiot & a moron too. A clown ........ is a clown .......... is a clown. Lack of competence, lack of empathy, lack of concern, lack of simple human decency ........... can show up in any political stripe. But historical evidence has shown it typically - not always - but typically shows up in THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. (The "every man for himself" ideology.) We ALL need help at some point in our lives. No one is an autonomous island.

Trump has been a new level of low in the Republican Party ................ and in American history. He CANNOT change that either.

15. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I sometime wonder whether the party abandoned him and left him to stew. When any world leader speaks, we assume that experts in the subject matter have correctly advised them. This simply was not happening with Trump.

Regarding covid, all he needed to do was slow the spread in order not to overwhelm the hospitals who could use ICU to save people who had moved on to the pathogenic bacterial stage with no other life threatening conditions. This is how unnecessary deaths are avoided.
    Here in the UK, this horrible newly mutated virus has only increased our death rate my 2.7% and most of these people have had their life shortened by only a few months.

wrat1 likes this.
  16. erofant

erofant Members

Trump's portrayal of masks as unnecessary and somehow a sign of "weakness" - combined with his constant denials of infectious disease experts' knowledge and advice - is what separates Trump from most decent, "common sense" people. Even his own Republican members of Congress had the sense (many of them at least) to follow the experts' advice and wear masks & keep distance.

Could it be they didn't believe Trump's bravado "wisdom" ???

Tishomingo likes this.
  17. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

In 95% of your later figure, a virus would have been involved during their last 72 hours, the fact that it was not covid was purely coincidental.
    In fact, the covid figure may have been higher, since when the death was expected, mainly during advanced cancers, a covid test may not have been carried out.

You are one of the few people who can make sense of this terrible mess. Comparing the mortality rate against the average for the time period is the only TRUE figure.

My +2.7 was calculated against the 5 year average. Compared against other years where a nasty virus hit, it was nearer to +1.0%
    Historically, when a virus shortens lives by a few months, the following annual figure is low and virtually cancels it out.

18. erofant

erofant Members

Trump got - but IGNORED - plenty of great expert advice from many experts in infectious diseases. Trump was only worried about his "numbers" related to the economy, as it affected his re-election prospects. As Trump's own campaign head - Parscale - said, if Trump would have leaned into - instead of away from - the Covid-19 pandemic ........ he may have won. Trump's own (once again) concern for only himself, ultimately displayed his true colors ............. which showed no care whatsoever for sick and dying Americans. Trump's refusal to take the advice of world-wide recognized infectious disease experts, and instead "go with his gut" as he called those experts "idiots" - has placed the blood and deaths of tens of thousands of Americans squarely on his own head.

Answer this for me - Do you think Almighty God doesn't see and recognize this?? He who knows everything - even people's thoughts??

19. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Here is some food for thought, Trump is a narcissist , I said that ages ago when I still thought he was doing a reasonable job....A narcissist only cares for him/her self.. IF trump had paid attn to c-19 and stepped up he would have won the election EASILY no doubt..in other business dealings he has shown foresight and while those who hate him would never admit anything fact is he has been on his game for a while... so is it possible he actually was advised to ignore and downplay c-19 in order to sabotage his re-election chances which would also be why he refuses to concede and keeps postulating all the unfounded conspiracy as he was "advised" that if he just ignored c-19 he would be assured a win........ crazy stuff in crazy times LOL

20. Tyrsonswood

It is what it is...

erofant likes this.