Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

&

[​IMG]

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Looks like it is 1 excess deaths for every 2 Covid deaths in the US so far, and those non Covid excess deaths hitting 25 to 44 yr olds the most

[​IMG]

Overall, an estimated 299,028 excess deaths occurred from late January through October 3, 2020, with 198,081 (66%) excess deaths attributed to COVID-19. The largest percentage increases were seen among adults aged 25–44 years and among Hispanic or Latino persons.

Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19, by Age and ...

IGURE 2. Percentage change in the weekly number of deaths in 2020 relative to average in the same weeks during 2015–2019, by age group — United States, 2015–2019 and 2020
    [​IMG]

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What on earth? That CNN article is dated November 11th

Why are the acting like it's a new thing

Bizarre

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Do I need to bother hunting up live webcams and photos of crowds in places like Chicago, , New York, San Fran show you how many people aren't wearing masks

Does it really matter? With your current numbers There are obviously people wearing masks still getting infected

Back up to 2000 deaths in a day, and it's not even winter yet

A national mask mandate, yeah that will save you, the magic vaccine that will save you

2/3 of the population the whole time didn't really give a shit, sure they pretended to, but never really enough to make an impact

5. erofant

erofant Members

This is just the same as a heart attack victim screaming to "FIRE THE CARDIOLOGIST!!! " If I live to be 1 million ............ I'll N-E-V-E-R understand why so many LEMMINGS follow and believe Trump over the world's infectious disease experts. They actually believe Trump over the infectious disease experts??????? !!!!!!!! o_O I have friends who STILL believe that Covid-19 is all a made-up hoax to get rid of Trump!!!! Do they think that the whole earth population is involved in this idiotic conspiracy??????

What in HELL is sooooo difficult about wearing a mask when out in public??? Where are all these "tough guys" who follow Trump??? Is a mask too tough for you "he-men" ??? I've worn masks of all sorts for entire days in my career in big construction ............ and I never once whimpered about wearing one. Wearing a mask doesn't mean you're weak or not a man - it shows you have a brain, you want this pandemic to be over with sooner rather than later, and you want the country to get back to "normal" again.

As the saying goes .......................... you can't fix stupid.

hotwater likes this.
  6. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Interesting how your line over the months has changed from denial to minmization to fatalistic resignation. Like those commies waiting for the Party line to tell them what to think, you'll try. anything that serves your propaganda purposes in defense of the slime ball in the Oval Office, whom you worship for some curious reason.

erofant likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Minimisation over summer in the northern hemisphere, becuase that was what always going to happen and did happen

I have been saying since April becuase Trump said something about 'warmer weather' and from then seemingly every expert in the world couldn't bring themselves to talk about seasonal variations, that it was going to come back to bite in winter

YOU are the one trying to re-write history now trying to make out its me flip flopping now, rather than admitting, yes Trump was half right, no it didn't disappear, but of fuckin course an upper respiratory disease was going to be less sever in summer

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The "science" is telling you eye protection and gloves are just as important as masks, N95 masks more effective than other masks

The "science" is telling you the most important time to wear all that is when you encounter the people you spend the most time with every day; when the family comes home, when everyone arrives at the office

Pretty much no one has been doing that, which is why you have a gazillion cases

You all don't listen to the "science" anyway, then get online and create a fantasy world where some how the 69 Million people that voted for Trump all aren't wearing masks, and they are the only ones to blame

Totally delusional

wrat1 likes this.
  9. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I said it somewhere, but I'll say it here & again because it bears repeating... Black Friday will be our undoing. People are soooooooo stupid.

Flagme15 and erofant like this.
  12. wrat1

wrat1 Members

we usually go to record store black friday but will be abstaining this year unfortunately

13. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Wear a mask and observe social distancing.

14. erofant

erofant Members

Why do you suppose every year at the holidays it seems loads of people get sick with something?? Black Friday and all other holiday shopping in malls & stores - all crowded in together in tight crowds, picking up & touching all sorts of objects .............. after rubbing their snotty noses, coughing all over, etc. Most colds and other viruses are no big deal, and we have flu shots to prevent or minimize the flu if we get it. But Covid-19 has not had a vaccine - yet - and it remains to be seen how effective it really is in practice. And Covid-19 has KILLED over 242,000 U.S. citizens so far ..............

WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' MASKS. ONLY PUSSY SNOWFLAKES WEAR MASKS. o_O o_O o_O

15. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Excerpts from a new book by former President Barack Obama, due out next week, reveal McConnell’s response to a plea from then-Vice President Biden to pass a worthwhile bill. McConnell answered: “You must be under the mistaken impression that I care.”

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  16. erofant

erofant Members

That should be written on his tombstone.

17. erofant

erofant Members

I just read an article in the N.Y. Times about the increasing numbers of doctors quitting their profession over the stress and strain of too many Covid-19 cases, not enough protective gear, staff getting sick with it, and fears of bringing Covid home to their own families. One female doctor said she was down to 3 N-95 masks and had no source to get more. She and her nurses didn't have enough PPE to care for the sick clients.

And S-T-I-L-L we have morons who refuse to wear masks because it makes them look less of a man. To those kinds of idiots, wearing one shows Trump was wrong about the seriousness of the Covid-19 global pandemic. It's like an admission they were wrong. So what??? Is it better to get Covid-19, maybe become hospitalized and be one of the people over-taxing the medical system, or take it home to your family and possibly KILL one or more of them - or yourself??? When will the "tough guy, macho thing" give way to common sense???

Maybe it'll take a deadly outcome to hit them personally - or a family member - like some of the people in TV news reports that a day or 2 before they died of Covid-19, they told doctors and nurses treating them that, "I've made a terrible mistake. I didn't think it was real or serious. I should have listened to the experts." TOO LATE THEN.

This is the price of listening to an arrogant, self-centered, non-medical buffoon who told the country that, "It's just 1 person coming in from China. It's nothing to worry about. "We" have it all under control. It'll magically disappear, you'll see. Go about your lives ........... maybe go to work."

How MANY lives will Almighty God judge Trump to be responsible for ending by his carelessness and arrogance??? How much suffering to so many - including jobs lost because of his reckless attitude toward the pandemic???

"Whatsoever you do to the the least of my people, that you do unto ME." ............... God's words.

MeAgain likes this.
  18. Cookie Man

Cookie Man Senior Member

So Kristi Noem the moron governor of SD says lockdown doesn't stop the spread of the virus..she should tell the premier of the state of Victoria,Australia , which prior to lockdown in Melbourne had a daily case rate of 725,after a 112 day lockdown (which was very difficult for some people)the infection rate dropped and now we have had 16 days of zero new cases and zero deaths..

erofant likes this.
  19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Are you trying to compare a state that had 700 cases with a state in your country that has 65,000?

20. Cookie Man

Cookie Man Senior Member

Not comparing but the governor of SD says lockdown doesn't stop the spread of the virus when clearly it does..I mean if you limit interaction between people it has to at least slow if not stop spread of a virus ...it has to be managed ,by the way South Dakota let the sturgess rally go ahead and as a result other states are seeing a rise in infections.
    Lockdown was extremely hard for the people of Melbourne ,not being able to travel further than 5km from home,a curfew etc was hard to take but it worked and we are reaping the rewards,if you don't lockdown you should at least mandate the wearing of masks and social distancing

erofant likes this.