Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (not) !!! - Poetic justice !!!

Flagme15, Barry Thrift and walkoflife like this.
  2. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

No his mouth opens and the words fall out, as they always do, have no real meaning.

3. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

changed to add

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Doubt that...

5. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Famous last words!

stormountainman and Barry Thrift like this.
  6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Inflation and free fall of the dollar unless the government comes up with a remedy.

7. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Today, the President's Chief of Staff, a beaming Mark Meadows, came out to brief the press on the state of the President. But before he got to that, he gave good news about the state of the economy. There was great news in the latest jobs report, which showed that the U.S. had gained jobs. And then he got to the good news that the President's Covid symptoms are mild and he is in good spirits. But the report on jobs shaded the truth. The real news about job growth, taken from the report he was crowing about, is dismal--the rate of job growth is slowing--in fact, the worst unemployment picture ever seen before a presidential election--and of course the airlines are talking about massive layoffs unless Congress and the Prez come up with more stimulus. Only 661,000 new jobs were created, compared with the 850,000 expected. So I wonder. If he couldn't be straight about jobs and the health of the economy is he leveling with us concerning the President's health? Can we trust anything this White House says about anything?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  8. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

I think people stopped counting after Trump surpassed 20,000 lies in July. So, no, we can't trust anything that comes out of the White House.

MeAgain, Barry Thrift and scratcho like this.
  9. What's he going to change TO??????

State of the Economy????? Rich stay the same, RICH....Poor and middle class suffering more and more and more.....

10. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

No, I don't think we could accept anything from this White House. When they claim something or try to push something on us, there usually is some sort of hidden agenda, like they get the gold and we get the shaft in the mining business.

granite45, scratcho and Tishomingo like this.
  11. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well i can tell you Hitler's response to COVID-19...

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  12. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

I agree.
    He never puts his brain in gear before he opens his mouth!

granite45 likes this.
  13. hotwater

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yes, Poetic justice

Trump gets Covid, gets over it in a week, lamestream media are still trying to make out he is sick, he is now giving TV interviews

wrat1 likes this.
  15. hotwater

There are other types of sickness, as in sick in the head.

16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah--like those lying, despicable pricks and cunts on Fox "news"!!!!! I don't know how they live with themselves. Yeah---this is childish to say---but I'd love to PUNCH THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS IN THEIR FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

I have been doing tons of reading, gauging how this battle in November may play out, weighing what my family can expect in a repeat term for Trump, new term for Biden, or a presidency for Harris or Pelosi.

Honestly, from what I saw just in a sample size of several states, Biden will probably nail this down. It will not go without controversy, of course, but I think those of us not keen on Trump returning have little to worry about.

Now, will our economy stabilize? COVID-19 did its damage. Some type of stimulus is needed, although I'm not sure where the money would be best suited.

I believe a return-to-work incentive is needed.

I believe corporate handouts should cease.

Beating the virus should have been our primary directive from the start. It clearly has not been.

wrat1 and granite45 like this.
  18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It seems like President Trump is coming around to the idea of economic response to CoViD-19 related closure, lockdowns, and other results of the pandemic. I feel like he recognizes the potential for garnering votes that way though - arguably the wrong reasons... But I think the result of another round of stimulus is a positive, however short lived. I think that it would potentially be intelligent to discuss a different approach - a smaller amount (or even the same amount...) only every month. Something every month until it's over i.e. indefinitely should be on the table.

The cost is astronomical, of course and I don't know how to finance it. But right now even the $1,200 falls short because that's not going to outlast the pandemic. They'll probably need to do another one, or two, or three... How long will this last by the way? And what would be wrong with upping sales tax temporarily to afford a universal basic income. :)

19. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I just made a post about that, so it's already on our bulletin board here.. But I think that there should be an experiment with UBI. There's no better time to try it, and if we like it, fantastic. And if not, we can shelve it after the pandemic. I think it's a fine idea! :D

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

President Trump never seemed overly concerned about votes to me

soulcompromise likes this.