Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

is that a notion that people really have? yeah, most people view it as "my party is infallible, but the other party is totally corrupt", but everyone thinks that half the government is corrupt anyway.

Flagme15 likes this.
  2. erofant

erofant Members

I have NO sympathy for slime such as these two. Deserving, "play-by-the-rules" kids got passed over for corrupt mommies and daddies pulling shit like this. If only I were a judge. But with REPUBLICAN HAND-PICKED CORRUPT, PUPPET SUPREME COURT "justices" (???) riding herd over lesser courts, they'll over-rule any actual JUST decisions on appeal by the rich, well-connected, similarly corrupt types.

Flagme15, Tishomingo and hotwater like this.
  3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

How do you guys look at the government’s response to COVID, and say to yourselves, “Hey, we need these guys in charge of our healthcare!”

:confused:

4. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This is not the government of Barrack Obama days. Trump has systematically removed civil servants of competence and replaced them with conspiracy theory loyalists with no skills. His myopic Republican Congress people have pushed through tax cuts that gave to the wealthy and starved agencies. Health care is just one area where such policies have contributed to a disaster....there are most certainly areas such as the environment where unforeseen events could cause catastrophe because the infrastructure of competent government workers has been destroyed.

scratcho, Flagme15 and erofant like this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Your health care system has handled things very well, it was never overwhelmed

And your country has completed a lot of testing

6. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, because the bastards let 'em die !!!

granite45 likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Who are you calling bastards now? The doctors and nurses

8. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hephatrump and the administration - i.e. the government !!!

9. erofant

erofant Members

Rump wasn't competent to run his own businesses (see numerous failures & frauds, lawsuits against, and businesses, contractors he refused to pay) ………………….. so why would anyone think he's qualified to oversee governing the entire U.S., and by proxy …………. lead the free world????????

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You really think the President oversees the governing of the entire US?

Facepalm

11. erofant

erofant Members

Rump seems to think he's emperor. And he called Obama a dictator!!!!!!!

Rump's own comment about Xi Jinping of China, - "…… , and when President Xi speaks, his people sit up straight and listen to him. I like that. We need that here." - reveals Rump's true colors. (lest anyone believe otherwise about what Rump wants our government to operate like.) Rump favors ( and outwardly praises ) autocracies like Putin's and Xi's. The U.S. is NOT an autocracy.

So even his "oath" to protect and defend the Constitution is a LIE.

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Simple, we realize that different administrations and different programs have different results.

Your argument seems to be Trump's government screwed up the response to the covid 19 epidemic, therefore the government in toto, at all times, will always screw up everything it tries to do, including providing healthcare.
    Further, private healthcare will always be better than a governmental healthcare system as the prime directive of all private companies is always the welfare of the general population and they have never screwed anything up.

14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

He has more influence on it than probably any other single individual in the world. Some of my MAGA buddies voted for him because he was a "businessman' and therefore would know how to run the government. I tried to warn them about his long trial of business failures, but they wouldn't listen.

scratcho, stormountainman and erofant like this.
  15. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

it's trump's government, but go ahead and spin it.

yeah, whatever you say.

16. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

There lies one problem with giving government too much power and control. Government leadership changes with time and elections. Perhaps it seemed like such a good idea to give the government under Obama copious amounts of power and control, because you liked the guy. But then along comes Trump who has the same amount of powers that Obama had. I’m sure you’ll agree the populace doesn’t always make good voting decisions. Which is why this is one of many reasons it’s a terrible idea to give the government so much authority

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Except it took the "experts" two months to work out when and where the first death, and case was

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hmmm

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Another well thought out and constructive retort

Why not just go with "well, yeah, your face, that's why"

That would at least make me smile

20. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

On March 4th, 2020 Trump told us Americans that there were only 15 people sick from Coronavirus and that only one person had died. He also told us it was just one person coming in from China. We now to date May 27th, of the same year … less than 90 days later … we have 1.7 million Americans sick from Coronavirus and over 100,000 Americans have died. Trump to this day is insisting Coronavirus is not contagious. Since you support him so much, why don't you explain CONTAGIOUS to that fool.