Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

Mobilize the military vaccinate everybody yay..

He's going to lose a lot of base with that vaccination train..

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Panic

A victim of what?

And to repeat -

You seem to be implying Greta is a puppet and if so who do you believe is ‘pulling the strings’?

I mean I’ve heard this argument before as part of the right wing culture war/conspiracy theory crossover – that Greta and other climate crisis campaigners are the conscious or unconscious tools of some type of shadowy forces…Trump has mentioned China…I’ve even heard that old Nazis chestnut of a globalist Jewish /lefty conspiracy.

To me these are emotional arguments trying to cause fear or hated in an effort to obscure the evidence and as a means of insulting those climate campaigners who are portrayed as ‘too thick’ to understand they are been used by a conspiracy that right wingers are 'bright enough' to see.

I mean look at your last statement about ‘special needs’ but why do you think Grata is ‘stupid’ enough to be ‘used’ while Hawking’s since he clearly never did sell oil changes wasn’t?

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

OK, this is beyond insanity...……...

Regardless of how I feel about him he needs to be protected from himself

President Donald Trump said Monday that he is taking a malaria drug to lessen symptoms should he get the new coronavirus, despite warnings from his own government that it should only be administered in a hospital or research setting due to potentially fatal side effects.

Trump told reporters he has been taking the drug, hydroxychloroquine, and a zinc supplement daily “for about a week and a half now.” Trump spent weeks pushing the drug as a potential cure for COVID-19 against the cautionary advice of many of his administration's top medical professionals. The drug has the potential to cause significant side effects in some patients and has not been shown to combat the new coronavirus.

Tishomingo and stormountainman like this.
  5. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

What would the Michigan police do if the protesters are not white?

granite45 likes this.
  6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Trump is now taking that Malaria drug which he had been talking about. He said it's just in case he does get Coronavirus? How does that work?

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

I use quinine for my MS.. not sure if it's the same. This actually prevents my body from fighting itself. With autoimmune diseases like MS.
    It's almost similar to a viral attack.. the bodies anti inflammatory response is actually hurting the body. In other words making the symptoms worse..
    Some people with lupus have had covid-19 and gotten over it because they were already on antiviral drugs such as hydrochloriqin and resvemidere.
    I believe they even tried to use interferon for cov19.
    The deaths are caused by a bacterial infection, and more people are allergic to antibiotics and they are other antiviral drugs..
    To be fair it's a 50/50 gamble with any drug.
    If you imagine the lining of the lungs as a piece of Velcro..
    Hydohloroquine makes the lining of the lungs less fuzzy for virus hooks to attach..
    Is it preventive medicine??..
    I am not actually sure about that. But it may be..

onceburned likes this.
  8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The answer is easy, it doesn't work.

But if your the president, and a germophobe, and if you ask the white house physician for the drug he's not likely to turn you down.

stormountainman likes this.
  9. deleted

deleted Visitor

You don't know what you're talkin about..

Just slanging anti Trump rhetoric..

You did not give definitive proof ..
    There is no definitive proof that interferon help my MS or made it worse..
    Are you for real bro?

did you even watch this video that has over a million views that shows you how hydrochloroquin even works..
    Seriously.
    92827971_10217998688865994_208936810192044032_n.jpg

10. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

so now trump got the corona bug ? help me understanding why a healthy individual starts taking drugs just in case.

11. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Given the low probability that any thing he says is true, there may not be much reason for concern that he actually is taking the drug.

scratcho, erofant and Flagme15 like this.
  12. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Trump Says He's Taking Hydroxychloroquine - A Drug Not Proven To Treat Covid-19
    US president tells reporters he has been taking a pill every day for the last week-and-a-half.

Get the latest on coronavirus. Sign up to the Daily Brief for news, explainers, how-tos, opinion and more.

US president Donald Trump has revealed he is taking the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine, which he has touted as a preventive medicine against the coronavirus despite medical warnings about its use.

“I’ve been taking it for the last week and a half. A pill every day,” Trump told reporters on Monday.

He said he has been having “zero symptoms” from it.

Hydroxychloroquine is also used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, but numerous clinical trials have yet to prove it effectively treats coronavirus.

Trump spent weeks pushing the drug as a potential cure for Covid-19 against the advice of many of his administration’s top medical professionals.

The drug has the potential to cause significant side effects in some patients and has not been shown to combat coronavirus.

Trump said his doctor did not recommend the drug to him but he requested it from the White House physician.

“I started taking it, because I think it’s good,” he said. “I’ve heard a lot of good stories.”

He dismissed reports of side effects, saying: “All I can tell you is, so far I seem to be OK.”

There is NO evidence for hydrochloroquine being effective in treatment of #covid19 or prophylaxis to prevent the disease. This is a medication that has serious side effects. I am very concerned about @realDonaldTrump continuing to model behavior that could harm many Americans.

— Leana Wen, M.D. (@DrLeanaWen) May 18, 2020
    Trump has repeatedly pushed the malaria drug with or without the antibiotic azithromycin, but no large, rigorous studies have found them safe or effective for preventing or treating Covid-19. They can cause heart rhythm problems and other side effects.

The Food and Drug Administration has warned against the drug combo and said hydroxychloroquine should only be used for coronavirus in formal studies.

Two large observational studies, each involving around 1,400 patients in New York, recently found no benefit from hydroxychloroquine. Two new ones published on Thursday in the medical journal BMJ reached the same conclusion.

One, by French researchers, gave 84 hospital patients the drug and 97 others the usual care. There were no differences in the odds of death, need for intensive care or developing severe illness.

The other study from China was a stricter test: 150 adults in hospital with mild or moderate illness were randomly assigned to receive hydroxychloroquine or usual care. The drug made no difference in rates of clearing the virus or time to relief of symptoms, and they brought more side effects.

In April, the National Institutes of Health launched a study testing hydroxychloroquine versus a placebo drug in 500 Covid-19 patients.

Last week, NIH announced another study to see if hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin can prevent hospital admission or death in people with mild to moderate illness.

About 2,000 US adults with confirmed coronavirus infections and symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath will receive the drugs or placebo pills.

Apparently one of the significant side-effects is heart arrythmia leading to heart attacks. If Hephatrump continues to take this drug he may not survive to be a candidate for President in November (we can but hope !!!)

jagerhans and stormountainman like this.
  13. deleted

deleted Visitor

copy paste .. copy paste..

6-eyed shaman and WritersPanic like this.
  14. erofant

erofant Members

Given Rump's penchant for lies, it's a 50/50 chance he's even taking the drug. He'll say ANYTHING.

15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Does he own stock in the company?

Orison likes this.
  16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I had heard there is a connection...

Orison likes this.
  17. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Meanwhile in Africa, someone is missing their Malaria pills.

stormountainman likes this.
  18. There is, but it's a connection that a lot of other people have as well. It's in a corner of his investment portfolio in a mutual or some other group of stocks. I read that his benefit for this particular item would have been too low for anyone to think it was concocted to boost a stock. Something like $900 profit.

But you never can tell about wealthy people. Some go nuts over weird stuff. I had a great aunt that scored big when her 3rd husband died and left her everything, mansion etc. But she was totally cra-cra over S&H green stamps. She'd walk around their catalog showroom for an hour and would not buy from anyone who didn't offer green stamps. A genuine miser wants to save every scrap of copper possible.

But I still have trouble thinking anyone could jeopardize so many people over a pittance. I doubt I'd have made a good mobster. I'm not sma'at like Fredo!

onceburned likes this.
  19. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Sorry Panic did you miss this?

Are you here to debate or what?

A victim of what?

And to repeat -

You seem to be implying Greta is a puppet and if so who do you believe is ‘pulling the strings’?

I mean I’ve heard this argument before as part of the right wing culture war/conspiracy theory crossover – that Greta and other climate crisis campaigners are the conscious or unconscious tools of some type of shadowy forces…Trump has mentioned China…I’ve even heard that old Nazis chestnut of a globalist Jewish /lefty conspiracy.

To me these are emotional arguments trying to cause fear or hated in an effort to obscure the evidence and as a means of insulting those climate campaigners who are portrayed as ‘too thick’ to understand they are been used by a conspiracy that right wingers are 'bright enough' to see.

I mean look at your last statement about ‘special needs’ but why do you think Grata is ‘stupid’ enough to be ‘used’ while Hawking’s since he clearly never did sell oil changes wasn’t?

20. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

She's a victim of all those stupid bastards that care about the health of the earth. Damn them!