Trump's Response to COVID-19

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Mar 18, 2020.

1. I'm not speaking to CNN but to Greta's handlers. The people who put her into this position in the first place. This was not an organic situation, it was a planned display. CNN is just doing this to score a buck, as anyone would expect.

soulcompromise likes this.
  2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

That's terrible Greta, the girl that has been campaigning against a crisis resulting from climate change, Greta Thunberg the environmental activist, the girl who said:
    Greta appeared on CNN!
    Shocking.
    How dare they give her air time?
    How dare her "handlers", whomever they are, allow this?

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    scratcho likes this.
  3. I'm not saying I disagree with her scripted deliveries. They're on target. But otherwise I see a special needs kid being paraded around to push a supplied message. It's like watching Stephen Hawking being used to sell oil changes.

4. erofant

erofant Members

Just a simple question: Who on here would like to have Rump call the shots (medically) on YOUR corona virus case, or that of a family member's ???

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

What "freedom" are you loosing? You are using free speech right now. Guns stores are "essential" and I assume that you would say that access to guns at all times is te most important thing. There is no lock down in America. Sure they say don't go outside but who is fined or arrested? No one has to prove where they are going they are just asked to not go. Compare that to me where I was actuly being stopped. If I can't show something from a grocery store or other essential trip I get a fine. Yet here no one protested.

This whole mask things shows how clueless some Americans are because they confuse personal inconvenience with the need to bring a Ar-15 to the capital. They are too hungry for a conspiracy so ANY time the government asks something well the government must be out to get them. It's sad ignorant thinking that holds the country back. And I say that as a conspiracy theorist. This generation is soft as the alt-right would say. They are not ready for a struggle. I find it funny that all these right wing nuts who swore they were ready or anything can't handle watching Netflix at home.

Right now people are living at power and water stations so the gird stays up and we can all stay home. I guess they wanted the struggle where they get to kill people for toilet paper? Says a lot about who they are.

erofant, jimandjan and MeAgain like this.
  6. MeAgain

I disagree, it's her message.

She first became aware of the issue when she was eight.
    She started picketing the Swedish Parliament without the support of her parents when she was fifteen by holding up a sign that read, "School strike for climate".

The message is from her heart and mind, not scripted by someone.

I don't see the comparison of her getting media attention to Stephen Hawking promoting oil changes, that doesn't even make sense, IMHO.

7. MeAgain

My theory is....a dangerous virus is loose in the world and it's making some people sick and even dead.
    Many governments are trying to live up to their responsibility to protect the people they serve by limiting certain activities by mandate and suggestion.

In return many of those the governments are seeking to protect take guns to various governmental functions in an attempt to intimidate government officials. In Michigan politicians are wearing bullet proof vests.
    [​IMG]

These assholes are inside the Michigan legislature!

[​IMG]

Tell me that's safe for democracy.​

Others bitch about the bars being closed.

Sad.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the fact that they're wearing masks just doesn't make sense on any level. are they admitting that masks should be worn for health purposes? if so, then what are they protesting? or are they just afraid to show their faces? if that's the case, i would take it as a sign that they don't really believe in their cause.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Polio mostly effected kids, although adults could catch it as well as in the case of FDR, so that's an easy question - Prohibition.

10. hotwater

Trumps Top 3 Stupid Quotes from his Friday Afternoon News conference...………

"It could be that testing is overrated"
    'Most American's are immune to COVID-19"
    "Even without a Vaccine it will go away"

stormountainman likes this.
  11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Greta Thunberg has more balls than anyone criticizing her, that's for sure. Why would ANYONE criticize a young girl that cares about the health of the earth? Because they are CHICKENSHIT--that's why.

12. hotwater

To be honest I think there may be some jealousy involved as well.

13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Anyone that doesn't toe the right wing hoax line " needs" to get diminished. To be made an " 0ther ."

stormountainman, erofant and MeAgain like this.
  14. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Stupid sod !!! - I've seen Polio up close and its not a pretty sight. When I was at school in the 1950s, two school mates caught it, One had a paralysed leg and was in calipers for the rest of his life, the other lived the rest of his life inside an iron lung in hospital

stormountainman, scratcho and erofant like this.
  15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Panic

You seem to be implying Greta is a puppet and if so who do you believe is ‘pulling the strings’?

I mean I’ve heard this argument before as part of the right wing culture war/conspiracy theory crossover – that Greta and other climate crisis campaigners are the conscious or unconscious tools of some type of shadowy forces…Trump has mentioned China…I’ve even heard that old Nazis chestnut of a globalist Jewish /lefty conspiracy.

To me these are emotional arguments trying to cause fear or hated in an effort to obscure the evidence and as a means of insulting those climate campaigners who are portrayed as ‘too thick’ to understand they are been used by a conspiracy that right wingers are 'bright enough' to see.

I mean look at your last statement about ‘special needs’ but why do you think Grata is ‘stupid’ enough to be ‘used’ while Hawking’s since he clearly never did sell oil changes wasn’t?

scratcho and granite45 like this.
  16. hotwater

scratcho and erofant like this.
  17. erofant

erofant Members

Just to touch on the subject of climate since Greta got thrown in here - No matter WHAT your politics …………… the earth is a floating terrarium. We are an enclosed bubble by space. Our atmosphere is FINITE. It doesn't extend forever into space. We ARE living in a bubble. This is science FACT. So if we continue to pollute our air & water, poison the soil with hidden industrial dumping - which affects ground water - dump untold amounts of plastics and other garbage into our oceans - which is killing marine life and polluting the largest source of oxygen on the planet ……………… where do we think we'll escape to?????? 2nd biggest source of oxygen on the planet …………. boreal forests, sub-tropical forests & rain forests. Rain forests are being cut down by millions of acres each year and won't be replaced. WE HAVE NOWHERE TO RUN !!!!

So for all those who make fun of "tree-huggers" and environmental watchdogs …………………. what the human race has been doing to our only home - earth - is the equivalent of pissing and shitting in our living rooms. We put EVERYTHING in plastic containers because …………… ooooo - glass might break!!! Glass can be re-cycled over and over where plastic has a limited number of re-cycling events. How many glass bottles of soda or oil or milk have we actually broken that we need to risk our oceans' health??? Fish - one of our main food sources - are eating plastic bags & garbage in the ocean and dying. Over some possible broken glass bottles???

I have a good friend that was the Chief of the Division of Waterways Safety for our state Dept. of Environmental Resources before he retired. Long story short ……….. people's well water was being polluted by industrial chemicals. No industry was near the area. The nearest possible suspected property was about 20 miles away. The Dept. injected dye into the ground at several sites miles away, with dye not showing up in the wells. Then they did the same dye test at that industrial property just to see if that place was a source of the well-water contamination. It was. The dye showed up in people's wells and proved beyond any doubt who the polluter was. The Chief of the Division informed local people that water flows underground just as it does above ground, and that pollution in one location can affect many locations far away from the pollution source because of that underground flow.

So if certain uneducated, arrogant people (NOT just Rump) make fun of environmentalists and "tree huggers", and continue to roll back and weaken environmental laws, where do they think they, and all of us, including their kids and grandkids ……………….. are going to live and survive????? What kind of earth do we leave them??????

Greta is right on point.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    scratcho likes this.
  18. unfocusedanakin

So her and I are both special in the same way. What is the solution? She can't ever do anything just because she is on the spectrum or it's some kind of political tool? Why are you focused on that aspect of her? No one else cares and she is where she is because of her actions. She is being treated as equal. Honestly the only people I have seen mention it hint at what you are. It's some kind of exploitation of a person who does not understand that is meant to make you feel bad. When someone is "special" it used to mean they don't have any expectations. If they mess up it's OK they don't know but for sure we never give them any responsibility because we know.

People with Aspergers tend to have very high IQs and understand topics that interest them very well. She wanted to learn about the Earth and she did. There is theories that many famous people in science and art though history had it too. It was their intelligence and obsession with the topic that allowed them to be so good at it.
    If we always ignored them where would we be?

Balbus and Lynnbrown like this.
  19. Because we need answers now, not a feel-good performance. I have nothing against the girl at all, she's a victim as far as I'm concerned.

20. unfocusedanakin

The feel good performance is acting as if the economy is more important. It hurts feelings and lowers stock prices if America has to change. So it's just easier to not upset anyone. She is giving people answers.