Trump's declaration on opioids (Warfare?!?!?)

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by GeorgeJetStoned, Aug 16, 2018.

1. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Trump declares opioids from Mexico, China 'almost a form of warfare,' tells Sessions to sue drug makers

I'm afraid that Trump seems to be yet another War on Drugs enforcer, like Clinton was. Can't say I'm surprised. However, he's targeting the manufacturers instead of the addicts. I'm on the fence with this.

Sure, I have assorted axes to grind with pharmaceutical manufacturers (I dislike being some corporate asshole's chemistry experiment). But I don't think the US manufacturers are directly supplying the black market.

This seems like possibly the most un-winnable case that could ever be constructed. It could keep teams of lawyers burning money for years. But hey, we beat big tobacco. Right? So what if North Carolina's agriculture industry imploded, they knew the stuff was killing people.

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I like the idea of seeing lawyers burning money. Literally of course.

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I think the pharmaceutical companies were largely responsible for getting the crisis going by pushing their products and manipulating medical text books. Anyone who's already addicted though is just going to try to find a new source if another one gets shut down