Trump supporters do you like this tax bill?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Nov 29, 2017.

1. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Not exactly my Brother, I drove a semi tractor trailer for over 30 years. I drove through Wyoming a bizzillion times. The home I owned was in Colorado, 38 miles south of the Wyoming border. I love Wyoming and have camped there a bunch of times. I have friends who live in Wyoming. After 50 years of interaction with cops, I say a large number of them are butt-holes. And that Parhamovich was ripped off $91,800 that he was going to use to buy a music recording studio in Wisconsin. He had no drugs on him when they pulled him over for a BS reason. I get pulled over too many times, because of my ethnicity. Asset forfeiture is being brought back because Jeff Sessions wants it that way...sad.

2. stormountainman

Very true Bro. They want the gold mine and want us-to accept the shaft.

ZenKarma likes this.
  3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Hell, you could have written in Alfred E. Neuman or Snoopy and it would have been a better use of your vote.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

there is a new comedy/sci-fi show called "The Orville" created by Seth Mcfarland, and episode 7, "Majority Rule" exemplifies what you have stated.
    They come across a planet that is very much like our current 21st century Earth except EVERYONE has a vote on EVERYTHING and illustrates the very problems with such a democratic system you mention.
    Worth checking out, plus it is a damn funny show, even if it did steal a shit-ton from Star Trek....LOL

ZenKarma and GeorgeJetStoned like this.
  5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The polarization appears to be the plan. Follow the tweets. Re-tweets of far right distorted accounts of alleged Muslim wrongdoing. Attacks on (black) athletes bending the knee. Revival of the birther controversy. Etc. Clearly the plan is "divide and distract".

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

"By 2027, people making $40,000 to $50,000 would pay a combined $5.3 billion more in taxes, while the group earning $1 million or more would get a $5.8 billion cut," The New York Times. Trump is Robin Hood in Reverse--taking from the poor and middle class to give to the big corporations and the billionaires. The one big reason the Senate GOP passed its incredibly unpopular tax bill

7. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Balbus:
    Tax reform should be revenue neutural in order to attract the most votes in congress. A stimulative tax cut is not needed, the economy is doing OK, we do not need to spike inflation with this and therefore require The Fed to raise rates.

Remembering when in 2015, Paul Ryan & Republicans came to The President with a revenue neuteral tax reform, The POTUS wanted to use reform to increase taxation by a trillion, it went nowhere. Obama should have taken the deal. We would not be where we are today.

I support removing deductions for State & local taxes paid. The threshold for real estate tax deductions is $10,000.00 for mortgage interest is a total mortgage of $500,000.
    These thresholds are not hitting working people. I would support lower thresholds. Just who pays $10,000 in real estate taxes, why do they need a deduction?

I do not support increased indexing for capital improvements for corporations, these investments are used to replace human workers. Eliminate them. the lower rates should be enough.

Wishing for bi-partisan tax reform. one party reforms are ugly and decisive. kind of like the national health care which also was a budget buster. I doubt that this tax reform will pay for itself with economic growth and increased revenue.

Our loyal opposition is not in a position to critisize the same things were done with the health care act. Remembering Pelosi stating: "You have to vote for the bill to find out whats in it"

If I want to blow off my health insurance policy, I should not have to have my tax refund confiscated. This reform accomplishes that, a good thing. My Blue State mandates make insurance too expensive.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It was said today that the repubs will go after social security and medicare next, the only factor being --should they do it now or after the election of 2018. (I'm sure it will be after) And I wonder why NO ONE ever asks Trump if or when he will be bringing his and his familys businesses back to the US, since he keeps saying that companies will bring their businesses back because of the YUGE gift he is giving them.

9. stormountainman

I agree Bro. Divide and conquer.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yes I remember that, and I remember her words were taken out of context.

She was saying that the public has no idea what's in the bill and they can't know what's in it until it passes as no one knows the final form of the bill until it's voted on and passes. Then the public can look at it and see what is in the final form of the bill that actually passed.

12. MeAgain

scratcho likes this.
  13. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Whats not to like a con man in the white house and the legislature in the pocket of K street lobbyists and the interests they serve.

What could go wrong?

14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Ok so nobody here seems able to support it - yes as someone noted maybe none of use is rich enough - so again a large number of right wing voters have voted against their own (and their country's) financial self interest.

Will they ever learn?

15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

No... No they won't

16. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

how many folks did you expect to support it here at HF?
    There are maybe 2-3 regular members who might try, but other than that your preaching to the choir here my friend.

you haven't gained any victory or proven any points with this one Balbus, you should know your audience here by now.

17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

So nobody votes for Republicans here?

18. MeAgain

I voted for three in the last local election. They were all pro public education.

19. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

MeAgain

I well know there are lots of shades of Republicanism, but what I’m wondering is there any none rich person out there that voted Republican that supports this particular tax bill?

For years here I’ve had people from both the left and right Republican and Democrat that have said that the one problem with US politics is the power and influence of money in the political system.

Now if not even Republican voters can support this bill because it makes it plain that the Republican Party in congress is just a tool of their wealthy donors not the majority of Americans, then shouldn’t they demand change or just stop voting Republican?

20. MeAgain

I know. I'm just surprised that I found a few Republicans I could support. But it was at a local level. The national policies of most Republicans suck.