Trump signs biggest tax reform in US History!!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Cashtwenty2, Dec 22, 2017.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah i've been complaining about this since i finished college. i didn't go to college back in the old days so i don't really know if it was any different, but i heard so much about how hard it is to get into and complete college (and i still do for some reason), then i got in easily and graduated in four years on the dean's list with about 1% effort and a burnt out liver.

i went to grad school a few years later and actually took it seriously, but even then i really didn't need to. there were people in my classes who just never attended and still did fine. i actually had one grad school class where the grading scale went: you take the class, you get a B. you take the class and fill out a one page evaluation of the class at the end, you get an A. there were no other assignments, and it wasn't even interactive besides an occasional random question thrown out during the lectures.

Cashtwenty2 likes this.
  2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I went to college and hand to work my butt off!

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I worked two jobs while going to college (and, yet, still have student loan debt), made the Dean's List every semester, was an NCAA cheerleader (and, yes, fuckos, it's a sport), was Who's Who Among College Students or whatever (I don't know. I got an engraved glass that I've long since lost) and still had time for a social life that included partying, skiing trips, and the occasional shopping binge.

Sure, it was kind of hard. But it's supposed to be and I got a lot out of it. And I wouldn't trade any of my experiences for anything in the world.

But, on the other hand, I saw people whose parents paid for everything or who had full scholarships--people who were going through college on cruise control--drop out because it was too hard. I saw people drop classes because they were at 9:30am and thus "too early." I saw people drop out all together because they were a few bucks shy of their tuition bill--instead of getting a part-time job. One guy gambled his financial aid money away and then couldn't afford his text books. I knew people--no shit--who enrolled to get financial aid money, spend it on whatever they want, never go to class, and then repeat the following semester. This went on for a few semesters until the school got wise and booted them.

So, yeah...I don't know where some of you went to school, but in my experience, I never saw anyone half step through college and come out fine on the other end. Even those who by some miracle did manage to graduate are working retail or labor type jobs or something in the service industry. They're not using their degrees and they're working jobs they could have landed straight out of high school.

I'm rambling at this point. I do that. But I'm irked that some of you feel that college was or is some kind of walk in the park. I busted my ass while people around me dropped out, fucked up, or abused the system.

Hugs & Spit likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think its awesome you were a cheerleader

That's all I have to contribute

Hugs & Spit likes this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

LOL Thanks.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Pics or it didn't happen! :p

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i did bust my ass in grad school, but that's because i was working more than full time while i was there. the schoolwork was made to be easy enough that anyone who bothered to do it, would be successful. a majority of my classmates had grad assistant jobs that paid for their school plus a small stipend, and i kept hearing them whine that they had to work 20 hours a week or something super lazy like that.

i worked part time as an undergrad, but considering class is about 15 hours a week and there may be an hour or two of homework each week, there was still plenty of time to be drunk and/or high on top of it all. i did end up working college optional jobs after graduation for a few years, although i'm not convinced that working hard and getting slightly better grades would have changed that. a more useful major might have.

Cashtwenty2 likes this.
  8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

My parents strongly discouraged me from getting a part time job while in college; they wanted me to focus on studying only. Looking back, I wish I'd've disobeyed them and gotten a job anyway. I think it would've taught me better time management skills and work ethic while in college so I didn't have a late start later on. That and having more spending money. I fought forest fires during the summer time when I wasn't in school. Yet I did have a part time job during high school and did just fine.

9. Cashtwenty2

Cashtwenty2 Members

Hahaha. In other words you’re argument to that is “liar liar pants on fire?”That’s pretty weak! Let me ask you a question. Under the previous President and his tax plan how much of the deficit was lowered? The answer is 0 right? My next question is how much debt was accumulated by the previous president in his 8 year term? More than any President before him right? So if the democrats couldn’t figure it out in 8 years “nor anything else” the republicans should have in their first? Gtf out of here! You guys made a fucking mess and you think it can be fixed overnight? You should be ashamed.

10. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

They will never be ashamed. Nor responsible.

But soon you will be called a racist, lack of caring for the freezing homeless poor, Russian sympathizing Trump supporter now.

11. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Could you provide your source of info please. I'd be interested in reading more.

12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

When you look at the government debt you can't go by how money is owed as inflation has altered the value of a dollar.
    A more accurate way of comparing the national debt across time would be to look at the percent of gross domestic product verses debt.

Alexander Hamilton started the debt in 1790, at the time the debt made up 35% of the GDP.
    It was at 33% due to the Civil War.
    World War I, 32%
    In 1933 Hoover raised the federal debt to 39.4% in an effort to end the Great Depression. If we include state and local debt the percent of GDP was 70%.
    In 1941, due to WWII, the federal debt was 45%. By 1945 it was almost 119% of the GDP the highest it has ever been.

For the next 35 years the debt fell...until Reagan raised it back to 50%. Bush raised it further.
    After the market crashed in 2008, Obama raised the combined federal, state, and local debt to a high of 122% of the GDP to stop a slide toward another Great Depression. It worked as we can see by the economy today.

So to answer your question, no, Obama didn't raise the debt more than any other president, FDR did that.
    Note also that the change of the percentage of debt for FDR was a gain of 67.1%, for Obama it was only 18.5%.

Note also that in recent history Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Lyndon B. Johnson, John F. Kennedy, and Harry S. Truman all reduced the budget, and times were pretty good, while George W. Bush, George H. W. Bush, Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford all increased the debt.
    So in recent history the Democrats have a pretty good record. Obama was forced to raise the debt mainly due to the inept policies of George H. W. Bush.

It wasn't Obama who made the "fucking mess" as you call it, it was George H. W. Bush......and Obama cleaned it up.
    Obama's first year budget was set by Bush the previous year, it accounted for a debt raise of $1.16 trillion.
    Bush also cut taxes, so there was less money coming into the government as mandatory program costs were raising and we were still fighting and paying for two wars and antiterrorism, all of that raised the debt further.

Obama didn't hand out free money just so the rich can buy a few more yachts as Trump seems to be doing.

13. MeAgain

14. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Howling with laughter at these.

Cashtwenty2 likes this.
  15. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

16. MeAgain

Some people are easily amused.

17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

If I had more time to find links to Mr. O's free money schemes I would but I have to get to work.

Here is one of many. I'm sure a few yachts were purchased after this.

The Solyndra Scandal and why President Obama was Involved

I'm sure it will be called fake news.

18. Cashtwenty2

Cashtwenty2 Members

Hahahaha..

19. MeAgain

Not fake news, just an extremely shallow report.

The Solyndra program was started by G.W. Bush, not Obama. Obama expanded it in 2009. In 2010 the WSJ called it one of the top tech companies and MIT rated it as one of the top 50 companies in the world.
    Unfortunately China started subsidizing its own solar panels causing prices to drop like a ten ton brick of lead. Solyndra could no longer compete.

In 2011 the Republicans investigated and generated 85,000 pages of documents related to their probe.
    As of 2015, after 4 years, guess what they found concerning Obama's corrupt involvement, (other than expanding Bush's program)?

Nothing.

stormountainman and Asmodean like this.
  20. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Obama did everything he could to avert a Great Depression that was caused by Bush Jr. At the time (2007/8), the entire economy was collapsing, including the banking and auto industries. Obama saved the country by over spending on the advice of competent economist, not semi-competent evangelicals who think a woman's body shuts down during rape. Obama gave the entire country a little rebate so people could go out and spend and revive the economy. It is the Republican thinking that calls for poor people to be further deprived and have no money to spend on rent, food, auto-insurance, and health care. The Obama economy is far superior, because it employs real economists.