Trump Says Honesty Wins

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Joshua Tree, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Yes it has. For example, in my opinion the 2008 election, the first I voted in, gave us a choice between two good (not flawless) politicians--Barack Obama and John McCain. They were good in the sense of having good character. I voted for Obama because I think the Republicans are more screwed up than the Democrats, although at the time Obama was running on the slogan "change", which I don't consider necessarily a good thing. After two term of G.W. though, it was a ray of hope. George H.W. Bush (but not his son) was also, in my opinion, a good man and a competent President, although he came to office by a deplorably racist campaign. Jimmie Carter and Herbert Hoover were saintly men and terrible Presidents. In any election, we're voting for human beings, and humans are inherently flawed. Politicians, in order to be effective make compromises that strike purists as unacceptable. Purists would have a hard time handling the office of dogcatcher.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    stormountainman likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Trump Says Honesty Wins

How the fuck would he know? He's never been honest...

Okiefreak and stormountainman like this.
  3. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

All those mail in ballots are then counted by electronic voting machines that can be hacked and controlled remotely using 8th grade science level education.
    4 Things You Need To Know About Diebold Voting Machines

There is a paper trail with mail in ballots which is good.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just called the Democratic Headquarters: You are mistaken. They are not counted by anything that's hooked to the internet. In fact if they see a signature that seems off, they will contact the person , ask them to come in and verify.

5. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I think it's more just a desire to win, and a desire to not have Trump as president.

Americans don't care that the guy who gets all the power is going to do things most people don't want, they only care that he's going to give them what they want.

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Correct all politicians lie, but Trump tells so many lies he can’t keep them straight, which is why a sit-down with Robert Mueller and his prosecutors would be political suicide.

Okiefreak likes this.
  7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  8. Ralph Rotten

Ralph Rotten Guest

Every time tRump opens his mouth it reminds me of that Meghan Trainor song: Your lips are moving