Trump is not racist: Change my mind

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Aug 13, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Offer stands

show some evidence of any of your claims.

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Quoted these posts, because this time Neon actually answers it for me in that middle one

We paying attention to what happened this week in portland? Exterme right clashing with the Extreme left, both sides getting way to much media coverage than either would be able to generate if they hadnt brung bear spray to a protest rally.

What the hell is actually going on?

3. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Like what?

4. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

It's almost good enough to pay money to watch.

5. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Of course. You know everything already. But... don't. Your call.

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Since you mentioned climate change, did you catch why the glacier on top of Icelands OK volcano was referred to in the media as being 700 years old?
    I'm going to let it slide (pun intended) and get back to it in 6 months

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

the whole thing is drummed up by the media and people are encouraged to get more and more outraged by their "enemy". it's like here with brexit, they keep telling us how divided the country is. is it? any more than usual? they make a big THING out of it and it perpetuates the idea. same in the U.S. i keep hearing how divided the country is. it's always said in such a way that it's ostensibly trying to fix the issue and unite everyone, but to me it feels like there is a force of WANTING to make people feel divided. i'm not sure why i'm talking about this anymore or of it's relevant. people just take it all way too seriously. all of it.

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

and
    no i didn't, why?

9. unfocusedanakin

Something that disproves what I said about the Civil War. I am assuming you have the typical Fox news views I mentioned. That slaves=employees who liked the job so of course "racism" did not exist even then. Why would an employer be mean to people he needs good work from? This is an alt-right argument I have heard.

Something that would disprove the rise in White Nationalism since Trump took office.

You don't seem to know what was so funny to you. I guess answer that for yourself and show me why.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ahh, yes, but the media isnt the media anymore, its social media

A few hundred, even a few thousand protesters on either side egging themselves on via social media a divided country does not make.

This week in Portland particularly bizarre, its not really even about anything

WritersPanic likes this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lol, you had a minor in history did you?

Whilst studying to be a mechanical engineer

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

They've been having street "battles" in Portland for a couple years now.
    It's bizarre.
    I don't know that Antifa or Proud Boys have much activity in any other US city. I'm not sure why Portland attracts extremists.
    But I'm not sure what it has to do with racism.
    Proud Boys are a far right group but they're not a white supremacist group

13. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

yeah, true. i suppose when i say "media" these days i mean all of the places people mindlessly get their information.

the amount of random nonsense i've come across people believing, and they get it from facebook. "margarine is one molecule away from plastic".
    they don't even question it or research it, they repeat it as fact.

so yeah, when it comes to serious stuff that would take a lot more googling than margarine.. no chance.

not really aware of portland details. i'm reading an article now.
    and i can't tell what it's about.. no..

14. Jobs aren't growing at any faster a rate than they were under Obama. And even if they were, that wouldn't be proof at all that Donald Trump actually cares about people. More like he cares about their votes.

By honest I mean he's dishonest and by Christian I mean that he's practically Satanic. Actions do count, yes. Actions like grabbing women by their vaginas, for instance. Name one selfless act that Donald Trump has ever committed. I'll wait.

15. Yep, instead of questions about what he achieved when he was there, he gets questioned about HAVING to work around so many white people (oh the horror). It's their typical shtick.

Today's racism wasn't about white people, oddly enough. It was about the evil Hindus in India who attack Muslims for buying and selling beef. Maybe it was a slow weekend for white American racism. But I'm sure NPR will bounce back to the "cause".

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont see anything wrong with asking a minority what its like to be a minority in a predominately white work place. Same with women; they were interviewing a woman just a couple of weeks ago who described what it was like breaking into a male dominated field. So what? It's relevant to the interviewee's story.

I have no idea if interviewee is a word but my point still stands

MeAgain likes this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

Yes

What's so hard to believe? Am I so right you as usual attack something meaningless?

American college works like this. General education classes which are needed for every major. You usualy take most of this in your first year. Most classes after are in the area you pick and the second most your minor

All I took was engineering, and a few history classes. First year was the usual English classes everyone takes with few major classes. Let's change the debate. I can't argue the facts so I go to the idea that the fact speaker is a liar.

Honestly what do you think engineers learn? Like yes most of it is boring mathematics and physics. But we learn what the world is. You don't even need a degree the library is free. Read something and you will see the true history of the Civil War. Sadly in modern times people feel this history is "too politcal".

I guess you feel if you can disprove my education history is also not true.

18. unfocusedanakin

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Where do these predominately white work places exist exactly?

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think my whole work is white...
    No wait..
    Yes..

Yes we are all white.

Wait.

Is Johan white? Yeah. Johan is a white name.

Yep, we're all right. I mean white, right?