Trump is good for America.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scratcho, May 5, 2018.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

The whole deficit hawk thing goes right out the window when they're the dominant party.

2. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yeah I kind of wish the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995 would have never been passed.

Because they certainly would have never allowed it be passed under the Trump administration.

3. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Racism has been around long before Trump. Blacks have hated others, Whites have hated others, Muslims have hated others. Asians have hated others.

I wonder how the Democrats get the idea that it didn't exist until Trump came along?

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I wonder how you got this idea?

5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I don't think they did. But I think the country was making measurable progress under Democrat political leaders who saw a need to overcome the condition--witness the civil rights legislation and election of an African-American President. Naturally there would be a backlash from bigots who think racial hatred is an immutable fact of life that has to be accepted. Hence the backslide under Trump.
    Racist Incidents Are Up Since Trump's Election. These Are Just a Few of Them
    Under Trump, racism is seen as a big problem by more Americans than ever before
    Acts of Racism, Homophobia, Islamophobia, Homophobia, And Anti-Semitism Since Trump Was Elected President
    Hate in America: DOJ Launches Investigation Into Charlottesville Violence

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  6. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

From your illustrious counterparts that can't seem to figure out why racism is a hot topic in this country. It is in part why we have Trump. He has allowed the racist whites to speak their minds. The Dems called it Freedom if Speech when they do it. So now he is gonna let the other side speak up.

7. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Newsflash my friend. The backslide was well underway.

8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Right. Trump came to office and emboldened the racists as he himself is racist and he gets away with it.

I don't know what you're talking about when you say that Democrats call racism freedom of speech.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  9. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

No he came into office by allowing the people that express their feelings on why they develop racially biased beliefs.

A lot of America has grown weary of the repeated showings of blacks telling us why they can do whatever they want. And then have a black president do nothing to stop it. We grow weary of trying to figure out why no matter what they won't be happy.

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Doing your Archie Bunker impressions again? What blacks have told "us" they can do whaterver they want? What actions do you think Obama should have taken against--specifically--what? Does "we" extend beyond yourself and your friends in the bar? You think blacks have gotten too uppity. We know that's how racists feel. Who else does? What's the factual basis for your claims?

So what you're saying is Trump has empowered white racists, and you're cool with that. Why then do over half of adults in the U.S. consistently disapprove of Trump? Maybe because a lot of America has grown weary of racists and him.

11. Tyrsonswood

So you admit there are racist whites... I take it you are okay with that and don't see a problem with it.

12. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Nope what I'm saying is, Trump racist are gonna get the same privelages as the blacks did under Dem oversight.

Obama did little to discourage it, neither will Trump.

13. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

There are absolutely racist in every racial grouping. Been a fact for a few more thousands of years before America even existed.

It's interesting to me how now if a black demonstrates racial hatred against a Mexican, they suddenly must be a Trump supporter.

Newsflash. The left don't help themselves by claiming racism is only a right side problem. That hasn't been working and it will be what helps Trump stay in office. Calling them racist no longer will make them shut up and go away. Trump has allowed them to have a voice.

You can call Trump a racist all you like. We'll just use white out on any blacks that are on the side you don't like them voting for.

They get labelled what Uncle Tom's or Oreos or whatever biggoted name you wish to throw on them. Yet we are the Archie Bunkers in this?

Jason D Hill an educated black Democrat Jamaican Immigrant has a pretty good grasp of the problem. I support his views and recognize he is a Democrat. What disparaging names has his party members called him?

Oh and umm if you care to go back and look at your Obamagod, over half the nation didn't like him either at some points in his administration. Racial problems were reasons stated there to.

I'm not OK they've been empowered. As much as I was unhappy when the blacks were. Don't bitch that now Trump has sort of inticed them to feel like, it's finally time to do the same. Now your side gets to get disgusted awhile.

14. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Pretty obvious that the civil war settled nothing in the hearts of some. That "all men are created equal," is a hard fought, continuing battle.

stormountainman likes this.
  15. Tyrsonswood

And what makes you think Obama was my god?

16. Tyrsonswood

You don't know what "my side" is... What if I don't even have a "side"

stormountainman and Meliai like this.
  17. lode

lode Banned

The Siberian Candidate does rile up the opposition.

But long term, I think his corrosive attitude towards democracy and information do much more harm than good.

18. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I seriously want to wake up from this nightmare.

Okiefreak likes this.
  19. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I don't think it's so hard to figure out. There have been long lists created over the last couple of years that spell out a lot of common points. Some want every white person with an inheritance coming their way to simply donate it to a black cause. Others won't be satisfied until they can personally own white slaves. Most of the "discussions on race" I have observed aren't actually discussions. They call it a discussion, but it's really about being able to bitch at white people while the opinions of the white people are not wanted nor respected.

Personally I'm rather sick of the whole mess. I don't come to hate anyone until they prove themselves worthy. Don't start nothing, won't be nothing. Living in Georgia has been interesting. There's supposed to be a KKK robe hanging in every other closet, not that I can tell. I also don't believe there's any kind of proactive white racist "system" lying in wait to pounce and instantly bring back slavery. Supposedly this new top court pick, Gallagher I think, is being imbued with the magical power to bring back segregation while abolishing abortion. If you want to know what kind of guy he is, look at his money, although he's not a typical supreme court example in this regard.

What I see the democrats doing is spewing the usual fear and anger, as if their entire constituency is around 14 years of age. What I can't get over is how many of them are so enamored by the deliverer that the message could be anything. If you ever get a chance, watch Simon, a movie with Alan Arkin. There's a sequence about a cult that worships television and their "bible" is a TV guide. It's from a funnier time in American history.

These days I can't get over how many assholes from both sides are salivating over a "civil war". I personally think that if that was possible, it would probably take on a form much like what we see happening now than what we read about from the 1860s. We're closer to the Star Trek episode "A Taste of Armageddon" actually. A substantial part of any modern day civil war will occur electronically, maybe even most of it. The press makes it seem like we have bloody protests going on everywhere (except cities that might get embarrassed). I'm holding out for the RNC riot in Charlotte!

20. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Haven't heard anybody talking about civil war, George, except the guy you're conversing with. Is there something we should know about? I am bothered by the gangs of armed thugs like the Oath Keepers who show up to intimidate people exercising their constitutional rights of free speech, and of course their Antifa counterparts--so far, both apparently small and pathetic. And I do find it disturbing that the Russians have apparently made headway infiltrating the NRA, which is linked to these groups. But so far, I haven't seen much civil war fervor. If the Special Prosecutor should happen to come up with evidence that Trump was involved in treason or other high crimes and misdemeanors, what do you think those folks would do? What would you do? Call it a plot by the Deep State and the fake news liberal media and take to the streets with your guns? I hope not. And what would happen then, in the long run, to this country? For such a two bit country as Russia, Putin must be breaking his arm patting himself on the back about how successful he's been sowing discord in the good ol' USA.