Trump has now killed more Americans than the Vietnam War

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by SunLion, Apr 28, 2020.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

This is very true.
    Many people react to emotions, not rational.
    Keep losing arguments? A psychologist explains why emotions are more persuasive than logic

2. MeAgain

He partially acted against China, but no other country.
    He suggested injecting bleach, and he takes hydroxychloroquine in defiance of his own CDC, FDA and other medical experts. (If we can believe anything he says.)
    Trump fired the entire executive branch responsible for fighting pandemics and did not replace them. He cut funding to the CDC for fighting outbreaks in foreign countries including China.
    What lock downs did Trump call for?
    Trump demonized many governors.
    etc.

Tishomingo and Balbus like this.
  3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

MeAgain

I agree with you the problem is that it is easier to enflame the negative emotions that it is the positive one it seems easier to cause fear and hatred than love and joy.

Most of the people that have liberal or leftie views are opposed to the spreading of hate and fear preferring tolerance and understanding.

Those pushing right wing views don’t seem to have a problem in manipulating people though the use of fear and hatred, traditionally right wingers have found scapegoating and division is an easy way to gain power. Jews, communist, migrants etc etc

unfocusedanakin and scratcho like this.
  4. MeAgain

Negative emotions can cloud our judgement and rational thinking.

When walking down a darkened path, if we encounter a snake, the emotion of fear may be felt.
    If the fear is great enough if may cloud our rational mind and stop us from perceiving that the snake is not a snake at all, but only a piece of rope.
    Thus a negative emotion may overrule our capacity for rational thought and clear perception.

Same with all negative emotions, hate, attachment, desire, fear, anxiety, jealousy, etc.

5. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

You’re repeating more of the nonsense I was talking about. This is what happens when people get all their news from FB memes.

It wasn’t just a China travel ban. He also shut down travel to/from Europe.

He never told anybody to inject themselves with bleach. Good grief.

He didn’t fire “the entire executive branch responsible for fighting pandemics”. He consolidated three directorates of the NSC (pandemic response team was part of NSC) into a single directorate to eliminate duplication of resources and consolidate experts into a single entity. Some people left, others stayed as part of the new team. If you read my post you’d already know this.

Hydroxychloroquine is the number one medication being used all around the world to treat covid right now. The only reason people are freaking out is because he mentioned it. I used to to take it. It’s been approved for use in the US for seven decades. It’s not dangerous and side effects are rare. Politicizing this drug just makes more people suffer. It’s not being touted as a cure but there’s evidence it helps relieve symptoms and speed up recovery. It’s also regularly used to treat Lupus and arthritis. Do you want to take it away from them, too? And if it’s so dangerous, why is the NIH running trials in the US?

NIH begins clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin to treat COVID-19

Hydroxychloroquine Has about 90 Percent Chance of Helping COVID-19 Patients - AAPS | Association of American Physicians and Surgeons

6. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

What a load of bilgewater! The liberals/lefties are the absolute worst at spreading hate and fear...while paying lip service to the notion of tolerance and understanding. The hypocrisy is astounding.

7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Bull

What is you rationally based argument? If none is given this will be removed.

9. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

Well, let's see. How about the title of, and the entire message behind, this entire thread? Accusing Trump of being a murderer, and claiming he's responsible for the deaths of more people than what were killed in the Vietnam war? That's not spreading fear, and hate? Seems like it to me. I guess if the liberals are so tolerant...my post has to be removed, because tolerance has limits...eh?

onceburned likes this.
  10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I believe that it was just one person that started this thread---not the liberals/lefties.

Tishomingo and Tyrsonswood like this.
  11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Bull

It is an opinion that is share by some on both the left and right (See the Lincoln project) that through incompetence and inaction Trump has caused the unnecessary deaths of many people. Many are angry about that.

So this doesn’t seem to back up your argument.

12. MeAgain

Trump's China ban was made on Jan. 31, after several airlines had already suspended travel from China and the State Department had already recommended not traveling to China.
    The ban excluded foreigners who had traveled in China within the previous two weeks, allowed entry to U.S. citizens, their families, and permanent residents.
    Chinese goods and the planes and ships and crews of those planes and ships were not "banned".

Trump's European ban didn't occur until March 13 and excluded the U.K.., Ireland, Croatia, Cyprus, Bulgaria and Romania. American citizens and their families and permanent residents were excluded from the ban.
    _______________________________________________________________​

Trump suggested injecting a disinfectant "inside".
    Bleach is one disinfectant, there are others. Bleach was used as an example as it is very common in most households.
    _______________________________________________________________​

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

You really need to brush on American history. You Trump voters act like he's a king. Don't you dare say anything about our man who god sent. A man who even though I have not met him I know he's just like me and for me. Some of his voters say just that he has the Evangelical vote and historically that is why a king rules. God sent this man to lead to England, France or whoever so they are not like you they are better. So laws of the church don't really apply like they do to mortals. They can have pre-material sex, they can lie and steal all because god knows them really well and he forgives. Look how modern voters have the same attitude. Russia and all that don't matter because it's the Don doing it.

As a student of history it's interesting to me how much people who wave the flag want to regress to monarchy.

I use the king analogy because Fox did ALL the damn time. Anytime he made any sort of judgment call that leaders tend to do he was "over stepping like a king". So it was very important to use free speech to tell him "you aint my king". Maybe we see the same thing here. Maybe others who are not part of Cult 45 want some moral support.

scratcho likes this.
  14. MeAgain

Good point.
    It probably should read "Trump's inaction, bad advice, gut feelings, and political maneuvering has now led to the unnecessary deaths of more Americans than the Vietnam War.'

scratcho likes this.
  15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

a career politician that seems to be going senile and might also be a little (or a lot) creepy. but that has nothing to do with trump. i don't see how the existence of a shitty person makes another shitty person any more or less shitty.

16. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

Sure. Continue with all of this "tolerance, understanding, and nothing but facts" that liberals are so well known for. No fear mongering here...nothing to see. Move along, please.

17. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

I'm not saying I agree with you, but...it's representative of the hypocrisy. That was my point. But there are those who can not see such things.

18. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

By the way...I'm done with this, as well. No point in attempting a discussion when obviously biased mods are trying to manipulate the conversation. HipForums is losing much credibility with me. Done. Out.

19. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

And you may continue with your GOP nonsense. Notice you have nothing to say but a weak insult because I am right. Attack the idea not the person. You can't do that.