Trump Convicted!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by ~Zen~, May 10, 2023.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Yay!

In another blow to the lying son of a bitch former president was convicted on May 9, 2023, after deliberating for less than three hours, the jury unanimously found Trump liable for sexually abusing Carroll and defaming her via false statements.

First time an ex-president has ever been convicted of anything!

One can only hope this will lessen his chances of getting re-elected.

This con artist, thief and proven liar must be locked up.

Toker, Eric!, scratcho and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Technically, not "convicted". Just found liable to her in a civil trial. Still, YAY!!! $5million! YAY!!! And that videotaped deposition shows him at his most vile, arrogant and stupid--confusing her with his ex-wife and reaffirming his Axis Hollywood that "stars" can have their way with women ("fortunately or unfortunately"), and acknowledging he's a star! What wonderful footage that will make for the Dems in '24. I can't imagine anyone wanting that as President, but that's me. Sen. Mitt Romney agrees. He said. “We have other people who are highly qualified that could lead our party to victory, and someone who’s been found to have committed sexual assault should not be the face of the Republican Party.” Of course, Trump will appeal. Delay, delay is his favorite tactic.

Last edited: May 10, 2023
    wrat1, Toker, Eric! and 2 others like this.
  3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Toker, Eric! and scratcho like this.
  4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The old saying, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". springs to mind. :D

Toker likes this.
  5. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I don't recall that being applied to a presidential candidate. Don't you think his behavior and character might be relevant consideratione in assessing his qualifications for our highest office. Nor is it commonly practiced by Retrumplicans and the "religious" right. And wasn't there something in it about "Go and sin no more"? Somehow, Trump doesn't seem that repentent!
    :D:D:D

Last edited: May 10, 2023
    Eric! likes this.
  6. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don’t think @Tishomingo is a sexual predator….

~Zen~ likes this.
  7. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

~Zen~ and Eric! like this.
  8. MeAgain

I think his neighbors already know.

scratcho, ~Zen~ and Eric! like this.
  9. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm not without sin but I'm not a rapist either. Excuse me while I grab a stone.

wilsjane, ~Zen~ and Eric! like this.
  10. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Lmao!!

~Zen~ likes this.
  11. wrat1

wrat1 Members

if only it was a conviction instead of just a judgement, unfortunately it means next to nothing

12. newo

That remains to be seen. Try to think positive. Don't forget he faces other criminal charges as well.

13. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I don't think that applies to civil lawsuits. He hasn't been charged or convicted of a sex crime.

14. MeAgain

Trump was found liable, not guilty. So you're right.

15. newo

True, but they'd enjoy him having to do it anyway.

TRUMP: "Hello, I'm Donald Trump, I'm your neighbor and I'm required to tell you that I'm a convicted sex offender".
    NEIGHBORS: (laughing hysterically) "Well Duh!!!"

[​IMG]

granite45 likes this.
  16. wilsjane

I wish I knew the answers, but a conversation I had one evening over here in the UK sticks firmly in my mind.
    Trump had based his manifesto on making the US great again by restoring industry and providing jobs, which would provide the tax revenue needed. We all know that the underlying problem was (and still is) the import of goods from China destroying US manufacturing, while sending US money along a one way street.
    The problem was, that his proposed taxes would have derailed the gravy train of the corporations who financially support the US government, sending some of them into bankruptcy.
    This was where the country lost it's way, with fake and news not relevant to his position as president capturing the headlines.

Trump was suddenly accused of fondling a woman some time in the past, while companies such as Levi's making billions without manufacturing a single item in the US was brushed under the carpet.

This same situation is also destroying the economy of the UK and other western countries. How can we all be so blind and easily distracted by the media.

PS.
    From an article in the news last week, the UK seem to be slowly waking up to the problem. LOL
    Probably, too little, too late.

PNW_CD_HannaZ likes this.
  17. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

This whole trend started back with Reagan, gutting the government in favor of unregulated industries. Corporations soon ruled the country, and of course they demanded lowered taxes with the threats of moving their corporations overseas. They already moved their manufacturing bases away from the USA, and simply exist as a way to scrape what's left of American prosperity into the greedy hands of the rich.

The Bushes furthered this, with a brief respite under first Clinton, then Obama leaving us with little debt and booming economies. Republicans take charge and it all goes to shit again.

It has become a fundamental crisis of existence to many.

Good vs. evil.

How can anyone explain that?

Convicting Trump of these minor charges is simply the first step in a long journey and huge struggle to find justice...against all odds.

granite45 and scratcho like this.
  18. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I think you may have allowed wishful thinking to cloud your judgment about Trump. He talks about restoring industry, just as he talked about infrastructure week. But it was mostly talk. His trade wars didn't solve the problem. Biden got an infrastructure bill through, and continues much of the trade war with China, to mixed reviews. https://www.cfr.org/blog/cost-trumps-trade-war-china-still-adding Trump's proposed taxes would have derailed the corporate gravy train? One of his first measures in office was to give corporations and the top 1% at a cost to the U.S. of $2.3 trillion over the next decade with little or nothing to show in benefits to anybody else. The U.S. has an economy run by capitalists, and it's unlikely anybody is likely to do anything about that soon--least of all the Retrumplicans and billionaire Trump. It's the nature of capitalism to try to maximize profits, and they find countries with a coolie labor supply and weak environmental regulation attractive. It wasn't just China that led to the demise of Detroit. They couldn't out compete the Japanese. I used to drive Fords and Dodges, and they were in the service departments for repair several times a year. I even had one break down as I was driving it out of the lot after having it in for repair. I've been driving a Honda now for nine years. No problems! Of course many are manufactured in the U.S.--not Detroit, but Ohio, Indiana, and Alabama, as well as those developing countries.

As for the "fake news" about Trump's unwanted sexual advances, he was, of course, found liable for one of those by a unanimous jury in a defamation case just a few days ago. In his deposition, he was the star witness for the plaintiff--- confusing the woman who was "not his type" with his ex-wife, and moronically re-affirming his claim in the Access Hollywood tape that "stars" like him are entitled to have their way with women.

But worst of all, he continues to maintain that he won the 2020 election, and he incited the Jan. 6, 2021 insurrection in a desperate effort to keep himself in office. I'd hate to see our democracy give way to dictatorship by that narcissistic, pussy-grabbing crime boss to satisfy the nostalgia of a Brit who doesn't have to live with the consequences. The buffalo are unlikely to come back, the carriage manufacturers and blacksmiths have found other occupations, and Detroit is a shadow of its former self. But the U.S. economy is currently near full-employment. Pittsburgh is no longer the steel capital, and manufacturing jobs continue to decline, but the city's economy has rebounded after transition to an economy based on health services, education, and innovative technologies.
    ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Pittsburgh
    Watch the Story Behind Pittsburgh’s Comeback.
    I'm all for de-coupling from China to the fullest extent that's economically feasible, but I have confidence China will do itself in thru its own incompetence. It's already suffering from the demographic nightmare caused by its "one child" policy.

Last edited: May 13, 2023
    ~Zen~ likes this.
  19. wilsjane

Despite all his bad points, I still think that Trump saw through all of what you accurately described.
    Since the greedy corporations fund the government, presidents seem powerless.
    While Clinton and Obama helped the people, they did nothing to address the root cause of the problem. China were still free to export to the US and then invest the dollars in the country.
    The only solution is to ban the imports and make foreign ownership of property and businesses illegal.

Here in the UK, China have bought a company who I worked for, so now own around 400 premises valued at £31 million EACH. All the profits from these buildings go straight back to China, while their value continues to rise.

20. wilsjane

From your reply, it is fairly obvious that I am not aware of what has improved.
    Sadly, the media cannot be trusted to paint a complete picture.
    We have at last seemed to wake up to what is going on in the East, You can see my shock in my reply to Zen a few minutes ago.
    Regarding cars, the UK were no better. I bought my first Audi in 1969 and have owned Audi VW vehicles ever since. My last VW lasted 19 years and 285,000 miles on its original clutch, despite living in London. Perhaps because I service our vehicles and own the computer diagnostics. LOL

Tishomingo likes this.