Trump Acquittal Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Did Japanese make slaves out of the Chinese, Koreans, and Filipino--in the United States? I thought we were talking about the situation in this country! SrGreene said:" As an American of East Asian ancestry, a decided minority in this country, I cannot stomach the continual claims about racism, and wonder why Asians are not nearly as prone to whining about it." I suggested it might be because they had a different experience in this country.

2. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

In this country, no. But Chinese American lives were expended to build the transcontinental railroad and Japanese Americans.were locked up without due process during WW2, so literal slavery in the US, no. But the racial injustices suffered by Asian Americans is still very real

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2020
    Okiefreak likes this.
  3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Not really. Hunter Biden is old news at this point. People either already know about him, or are in complete denial of his shady business.

Some things that aren't getting much mainstream media attention are the Afghanistan war (the longest war in US history) was all for nothing.

Or the fact that elderly Trump supporters are being murdered for their ideology EXCLUSIVE: Reddit User Reportedly Admits Murdering Elderly Trump Supporters in Nursing Home

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well indentured labour from Chinese workers imported from Cuba on 8 year debt contracts isn't technically slavery, but it's only one rung up from slavery. There was segregation, violence, and of course Chinese couldn't really go to white police etc etc

And anti-coolie act was of course an invention of the Democrats

But best to pretend all that doesn't count, didn't happen

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Joe Biden is old news at this point

6. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Totally. ‘Tis hard to believe he’s the front runner. Being an old straight white man and shit. Must be the “systemic racism” they were bitching about in tonight’s debate

7. srgreene

srgreene Members

Gotta love a "slant-eye" with a 'nic of "everythingbagel"!

I left the Philippines as a baby, adopted by "round-eye" Americans, but can still get a bit resentful about how Japanese treated their East Asian neighbors (as well as American POWs, who Tojo had issued the order to slaughter en masse- fortunately said order was never executed. My soldier husband (ret) said if they had, we might have gone berserk when the occupation began.).

I question your claim that Asians have tried to destroy each other. Subjugate, yes, but destroy, like Nazis did, or even the Chinese in Tibet, I am unaware of it.

I am embarrassingly ignorant of the history of the Philippines before the Spanish colonized it, but I don't think my great-great-great-etc grandparents tried to subjugate or conquer people outside the archipelago (not that the lives of the peasants counted for much). Same for Koreans, even Japanese until the 20th century, when they wanted to become "European". Moving west, neither did the people of the Indian subcontinent sally forth in order to conquer others, even though the Mughals did a pretty savage number on them- I understand as many as 80 million people in India were killed as a result of the Moslem invasion of the subcontinent, a tragedy from which Indian civilization never recovered. Maybe, like Filipinos, they were too busy subjugating one another.

Anyway, I think I like your style, even though we very likely have areas of disagreement. At least you don't seem given to whining!

--srg (who is married to one of those horrible white males)

ZenKarma likes this.
  8. srgreene

srgreene Members

He is guilty of bad judgement, He committed no crime. Not impeachable. He's a New York street fighter.

And yes, they will keep trying to get him, as they have done since before the inauguration.

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Chinese immigrants weren't expected to build any railroads.
    That was in the West in the East the Union Pacific hired Irish, Mormon, and Civil War vets. ~2
    Nobody was forced to do anything in building the transcontinental railroad.

In WWII some Japanese, Italians, and Germans were put in internment camps, not a good move, but they weren't put into "literal" slavery.

10. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There is the alternative (Kennedy) way !!!

11. srgreene

srgreene Members

Ted Kennedy? The liberal icon who as good as murdered a chick he wanted to bang, and managed to avoid any consequences of consequence. Oh, but he was a member in good standing of the Establishment.

12. Slaves came in all colors and races. Weird how that doesn't seem to sink in these days.

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

As i understand the 19th century chinese americans were not forced into it as slaves, but because it was one of the only options left to them at the time. They didn't all join the railroad for fun or because it paid so well.

14. The rumor was that she was pregnant with Kennedy's bastard child. I don't know if she was buried, but we have DNA testing now, so it would answer a lot of questions.

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

That, and opium.

16. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

I apologize but you've seriously misquoted me. I didnt say the Chinese were expected to build the railroads... I said expended. Hundreds perhaps thousands of them died building the railroads as they were given the most dangerous of tasks. Their lives were seen as expendable.

Also I specifically said enslavement of Asians in America didn't happen. I pointed that out twice in the post you replied to :worried:

srgreene and Okiefreak like this.
  17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Hunter Biden is certainly old news but two Senate Committees are gearing up to investigate him anyway--with so far not a shred of evidence of wrongdoing. The Afghanistan war--started by G.W. Bush has been going in forever. Do you want a day-to-day account?

As for the "fact" that elderly Trump supporters in nursing homes are being offed for their ideology, there again the story shows your tendency to embellish and inflate news. Your source was the right wing outlet National File, concerning a disturbing post by a person who claimed to be an employee at a nursing home. Of course, the suspect wasn't using his real name but rather a user name. He claimed to have offed 11 elderly Trumpsters. After contacting Reddit , finding that the account had been deleted, and unable to obtain the name and address of the User, 4-chan, that pillar of journalistic professionalism that gave use the Pizzagate hoax, sprang into action and "reportedly revealed" (note: it doesn't even claim to have definitely revealed) the name and place of employment of the suspect. National File says this "could not be verified" but "some Twitter users" believed they located him. And they give the name of the guy. Only the nursing home said he didn't work in a clinical setting or a location where patients are cared for." If true, the story is certainly disturbing, but the sources and vagueness of detail make one wonder. The serial killer was supposedly triggered by a campaign "It's Okay to be White" (which it certainly is") I suppose you're aware that every day people go to the police and confess to crimes they didn't commit, which is why a corpus delecti is ordinarily required in a homicide case (which seems to be missing here). Of course there have been similar instances in the past of nurses murdering patients in nursing homes. There was that nurse in Ontario who killed eight back in 2016, and those two nurses aides who smothered eight patients in Michigan in the 1980s. It happens, but unless you can come up with more reliable concrete detail, I don't think this is the sort of "serious issue" that Congress should have concerned itself with instead of our President's lawless conduct.

18. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

I can't speak to the history of the Philippines, but I know China and Japan were ruled by civil war for a long time, plus the Mongol invasion of China. That's what I meant when I sad Asians kill each other too. And obviously Japan durring ww2. Nazis were like "we're the most evil people on earth" and Japan was all "hold my beer"

I have a very unpopular theory on how Japan came to be that way which you touched on by mentioning them being more European. I agree with the principal but they were being more American.

Anyway my family was still in Japan during the war so I have to accept the fact that my great grandfathers were the "bad guys" My family wont tell me where they served or what they'd done. For all I know they were stationed in the Philippines. But don't resent me. What Japan did during the war was simply atrocious and they deserved and needed to get their asses kicked inside out. I would never make excuses for that. I just hope those issues in Asia can finally heal. I think Japan S Korea and the Philippines need each other for protection in the event of Chinese or N Korean aggression. They need to kiss and make up but you are far from the only Asian person to tell me how they were raised with Japanese resentment.

And I'm in love with a white person too. And my best friend who is basically my sister is white. You dont have to explain that to me :)
    I'm an equal opportunist. That's what I love about the US... diversity. While the rest of the world eats the same thing every day, we get to pick and choose from a buffet

srgreene likes this.
  19. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Don't think it's exactly "jaywalking" for the President to attempt a shakedown of the leader of a foreign country in an attempt to get him to interfere in our national elections by digging up dirt on a political opponent. In my book, that's attempted extortion and very serious business if we want to keep our democracy.

MeAgain and everything bagel like this.
  20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

No, I apologize.
    I was wrong, sorry to misquote you.

I hope to do better in the future.

Tags: