Trump Acquittal Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by walkoflife, Feb 6, 2020.

1. srgreene

srgreene Members

I don't see how someone can vote for Obama, and then turn around and vote for Trump. Trump has largely undone Obama's legacy, such as he left one. As just one tiny example, Obama pushed for illegal "discrimination" based not on policies or intent, but only on results that failed to please Eric Holder's or Loretta Lynch's DoJ. Trump has ended that costly and abhorrent practice, and appointed judges who will likely back up his position.

As an American of East Asian ancestry, a decided minority in this country, I cannot stomach the continual claims about racism, and wonder why Asians are not nearly as prone to whining about it. Not that we all are paragons of virtue and accomplishment, but could it have something to do with how we conduct ourselves.

Flagme15 likes this.
  2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

The hoax is over. Democrats are already planning the next one.

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  3. Varmint

Varmint Member

Care to elaborate?

4. srgreene

srgreene Members

Did any of the guilty pleas and convictions have anything to do with team Trump conspiring with Russians?

I have sixth graders who can make more logical associations than you can.

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

My thoughts?

That's easy............................

SuzanneAU1977 likes this.
  6. He was the only choice. I got burned thinking Obama was not an establishment lackey. I'm quite sick of the establishment politicians and have been for decades. Obama was the first chance to break out of that cycle and he was a failure except for one thing, the establishment is weaker because of him.

Which made it easier for an outsider like Trump to infiltrate one party so he could defeat the other. And he did it by throwing all of their shit back into their faces. I have never liked him much personally. All I ever saw was privileged wealthy arrogance on display from Eastern European trophy wives to slapping his name all over everything he does. He probably supplied Trump cigars to Bill.

Going into 2020, do you see any real choice to be made here? I won't vote in a democrat just to usurp Trump. Especially with all the uselessness the democrats have put on display. Most of their accomplishments center around "raising awareness", a term so overused it should be on Bullshit Bingo cards. Another advantage Trump has is that he's not connected to neglected districts like the rest of them.

For the record, I was disappointed in Obama for his feeble work on criminal justice reform (setting dealers loose, big whoop). I also think he blew an opportunity to push for legalized marijuana, a far more effective "legacy" than the house of cards he left behind, built on a foundation of expiring executive orders.

Mustard Tiger and Bullzaye like this.
  7. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

which tells me you don't give a damn about the direction of the country. You've got kids so I would think you would care, but I don't have kids, and my time on this planet is short so I don't care either.

Okiefreak likes this.
  8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Like going after Hunter Biden?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

No, but there was reasonable suspicion warranting the investigation, and it was useful in turning up real criminal activity surrounding Trump and his associates. Are you a school teacher or are you talking about your own kids? In any case, I pity the poor kids who have to put up with your B.S.

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

No hoax. The guy is guilty as sin, but the fix was in with the judges.

11. r0llinstoned

Guilty as sin..... meanwhile he is acquitted lol. Don't worry, they'll be trying to get him for other things soon enough.

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

lol. As I said, the fix was in with the Republican judges, who lost their souls on national TV, if not before--all except Romney.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  13. Feeble. You cannot hope to pull moral high ground and impress me. It's like Pelosi's "I pray for you" bullshit.

ZenKarma likes this.
  14. r0llinstoned

Democrats and liberals have been losing their collective shit on TV for a lot longer...

15. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

You say that like the senate heard witness testimony and didnt go on record making up their minds to acquit before seeing any evidence.

Tyrsonswood and Okiefreak like this.
  16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

What are you even talking about?

Maybe it's because of the differences in history. I don't recall any Asians being displaced from their land and dumped on reservations. Nor did I ever hear of them being dragged over hear in chains to work as slave labor, and later kept in place by institutionalized apartheid in the South and de facto discrimination in the North. And as you say they're a "decided minority in this country"--what, less than 6% of the total population, so less threatening to the majority.

Interesting you identify yourself as "East Asian", along with Americans of Chinese, Japanese and Korean descent. Filipino-American psychologist E.J.R. David analyzes the "model minority" myth as it relates to the diversity of the Asian population in this country obscures the particular abuses encountered by Filipino-Americans.Why Are Filipino Americans Still Forgotten and Invisible?
    He tells us that Filipinos experience racism at a very high rate, even compared to other Asians," that 99% think they've experienced racism on a regular basis, and that only 47% of Filipinos identify themselves as Asian. I'm happy that your experience is different. Or do you just believe in sucking it up and moving on?

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Really, you don't think there were any Chinese slaves?

18. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

when I "whine" about it, my mom loses her shit. I think as Asians we're not expected to cry about racism. Like, Asian racism in America isn't taken as seriously as racism against African Americans for example. Even by our old world parents. But the younger generation is not having it. I miss the days of the AZN movement when Asian Americans bounded together against this. I dont care if you're Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Pinoy, whatever...I got your back yo. AZN American fo lyfe!!!!

19. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

You're lack of WW2 knowledge is showing. Japanese made slaves out of the Chinese, Koreans, and Filipino.to name a few. They also used them for target practice. China, Korea, and Japan have a long standing military history. Asians have been trying to enslave and destroy each other same as everyone

srgreene likes this.
  20. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Not legally. There was and apparently still is human trafficking of Asians operating in the Asian communities themselves.

Tags: