True Religion

Discussion in 'Protest' started by SDS, May 31, 2004.

1. Jozak

Jozak Member

Are you honestly trying to compare a blonde joke to making fun of someone's religious beleifs? Your thinking is so black and white it's pathetic.

WHAT TRUTH?! That a minority of fucked up "priests" molested children? I know that. No one is disputing that, but you are the one who claimed Catholics had incest, and that all priests were child molesters. As I said, MOST priests are decent men trying to serve god and their church. You were wrong. If you cannot plainly see how you labled all priests as child molesters, then you defenintly have an anti Catholic bias and hatred for the Catholic Church, which is totally, from what I can tell, baseless. That just shows your ignorance.

You don't even know me or my parents. I have been to almost every Christian based denomination you can think of, even and Islamic service and studying theology is a hobby of mine. I choose to be Catholic. Again, you have yet to show me how Catholic doctrine, that you know so well apparently, was put forth by "pedophiles"--it's a totally baseless comment, how do you figure?

I am an American citizen that immigrated to this country with my parents. I am from the Czech Republic but I live now in Virginia.

Whatever, and I am going to UVA next year, I could care less what you have. You can have a million dollars and still be an ignorant bigot.

2. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

You're the one that said "you must have a high paying job" in your previous post and I was just wondering why you would say that? Your earlier comment didn't really connect with anything here, so I was questioning your reasoning about it.

Jozak, my original post in here was never directed at you personally, however, you came at me personally FIRST, with both your religious guns blazing, taking direct aim at my head. Totally uncalled for pal. My original comments were directed at the religion in general, not to a poster named Jozak....

I have a tremendous amount of issues with most religions, because they promote and condone so many horrible actions from pedophilia, murder, war, slavery, genocide, bigotry.... you name it....it's all done in the name of God and it makes me sick. From Catholicism to Islam, Judiasm and Christianity.....they have all contributed to the downfall of our society. However, that's not to say these religions have also done their share of good for the world. I just don't buy into any of it. That's why I'm a Pagan.

3. -GOD-

-GOD- Banned

SDS -

Thy should not make such controversial posts.

WHY?

Good question, Maxwell!

-Thou cannot take a life.

Although I take lots everyday.

-Thou must not covet other Gods.

Although I accept covettage for me.

See, this is real complicated shit - that's why I made the Holy Spirit - he's like my bookkeeper and pr agent at the same time. Amen to him but his fees are hell...

Now, you be a nice christian and stop asking so many questions. At least stop asking those that I can't answer - God only as so many "phone a friend" options...

4. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Churches are also denying communion to those who vote Kerry because he's pro-choice

5. Maverick

Maverick Banned

I wonder why....

6. Jozak

Jozak Member

No one who is a pro choice Catholic is being denied communion, however, outspoken pro choice Catholic politicians are, and rightly so.

7. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

10,667 abuse clames from 1950-2002
    4,392 priests accused of abuse
    all thanks to the roman catholic religion.

those jokes were attacking your religion, but not you. i think of religious people as just being confused about things, its not their fault they were brought up that way. im glad my parents let me figure it out on my own, thats how it should be. baptizing is just a sick act, forcing a child into a religion that he knows nothing about. kinda like a show on TV about the KKK, one person there had their baby in a white robe and pointy hat. i know those are two totally different things and im not saying the church is like the KKK, im just saying its wrong to force beleifs on someone.

and in a way religion creates war, because war is caused by cultural differences, and when you have people beleiving in all different kinds of religions it makes more unnecessary barriers between cultures.

thats just my 2 cents,
    peace

8. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

Your're just hopeless, Jozak. What a bunch of hypocritical venom you spew! So, it's o.k. to BE a pro choice Catholic, as long as you don't voice your opinion? **vomit, vomit, gag**

If that is what Catholicism is saying (don't voice your opinion) it make me sick. And it makes a mockery of the religion, again.

--Priest holds out communion wafer to a worshiper and says, "now jump" and worshiper says "how high??"---what a pathetic scene.

Your comment "And rightly so"---what do you mean, denying a man his desire to take communion. You just don't get it. All your little Catholic rules, are put in place by MAN not GOD. No wonder there so much hate in the world today. Who died and made you judge and jury.

9. Jozak

Jozak Member

SOURCE?!

Secondly, my parents did not force it on me. We as a family stopped going for years and I got back in to it myself, but thanks anyway!

10. rainbow doobie

rainbow doobie Member

"let he who is without sin cast the first stone"[​IMG]

11. Jozak

Jozak Member

Shut the fuck up. I'm gagging from all of the false statements, again, coming out of your mouth. [surprise surprise!] I NEVER said that it was OKAY to be a pro choice Catholic, you idiot. Why don't you read what I fucking said, or, if you are to stupid to interpret it with some common sense, ASK ME what I meant? My point is, is that it would be impossible to identify EVERY Catholic who is pro choice. THESE ARE POLITICANS, THEY HELP MAKE LAWS--if they are blatenly going against a MAJOR church teaching, such as abortion nonetheless, then yes, they should be denied communion. You cannot have it both ways. Kerry has the nerve to call himself a Roman Catholic and then goes to a PRO ABORTION RALLY--that IS hypocrisy, you damn simpleton, can you not understand that? If he wants to have a personal opinion, FINE, but now he is helping to put that in to a law.

What are you talking about? The Catholic Church has clearly outlined its view on abortion, which, judging from your lack of intellect, you probably did not know. It is up to the person weather they choose to accept it or not (ie: Kerry, goes to abortion rallies, then wonders why Catholic Bishops have told him not to partake in communion.)

Your lack of Catholic doctrine is showing, and your bigotry is pathetic, not us Catholics who go to receive communion. It is not a communion wafer once we eat it, we believe in a little thing called transubstantiation (go look it up), and quit while your behind.

Well, if it's just a little wafer, what do you care? Go educate yourself, and actually know what the fuck you are talking about, then get back to the rest of us, you close minded hick.

12. MeatWagon499

didnt say you were forced into it, just saying that some catholics do force it on their kids, stop taking everything we say personally already

google "priest molestation tally"

just about every news site on there has it

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/02/26/national/main602477.shtml

13. Jozak

Jozak Member

Again, I agree, it's sick. It was one study though, unfortunently, you must know that their are people out there who will lie and do anything for a buck as well, so I wouldn't put it past a LOT of people to lie about it. I thought this was interesting:

"About 4 percent of all American clerics who served during the years studied — 4,392 of the 109,694 priests and others under vows to the church — were accused of abuse."

Which means 96% of them....guess what, are just decent people trying to serve christ and the church.

14. bluegill

bluegill Member

well i guess in a way you got a point...i don't respect a belief that has no respect for any belief other than their own.....and 2, i have actually posted about jews and how their narrow views in israel have led to with the palestinian crisis, it's not that i dont like catholics, hell my whole family is catholic, i was raised catholic, but after an incidsent at my church, i realized how twisted the church really is, and FYI the priest that did my communion was in fact arrested at one time for indecent exposure, the charges were later dropped but it did happen, charges were filed by none other than a WV state trooper, , i think his name was father pat o'donnel, im not sure i will have to ask my mother, i know it was father pat though....another priest, father mike mc'Cormick, who was actually a real good guy i thougt any way, mysteriously ended up in a mental institution, then stopped being a priest, and now is living somewhere in the midwest andis doing good for himself, then they bring in this irish guy when i was a teenager, i ask a question one day before i was prepping for confirmation, a question/comment, on how the incident with atilla the hun influenced the spread of christianity, catholicism, and the power of the pope, and the bastard rushes me off to his office, has some bullshit talk about the divinity of the whole thing, and orders me to confession and penance????? i did it for my family, but after that, i never went back to a catholic church, and the older i get, the more i realize how religions of all types really do influence the problems of the world today, if not for everyones different veiws on how things should be ran socially or morally, people could actually get along in this world, but when you have different religions, teaching different ideas to people throughout the world we will always have this problem, and as long as their are people out there who fail to see the narrowness of the ideas that they try to pass on to society in the name of their god the problem will fail to cease.......but if people would stop trying to influence society as a whole with their own beliefs, and would focus more on prosperity instead of religous ideas then this world would be alot better place....instead we quarrel over stupid shit that conflicts with different ideals place on our society by religious peoples throughout the world, other people see this, take advantage of these beliefs, impose their thoughts on top of these beliefs, instew anger in the eyes of their believers, who in turn wind up like you, people who cant do nothing other than profess the divinity of their cause, and back it up with faith based facts that can be percieved on either spectrum of right or wrong...but as long as it agrees with what your religion says it must be right...huh?

15. MeatWagon499

yea i know it was only 4%, im just bringing up the facts about that. all the wars that have been caused by religions dwarf the priest molestation cases.

16. lunar forest

lunar forest Member

sweatininthesouth, maybe you should look at some of the comments that you have made on this thread. You seem hatefilled yourself while you are arguing this. I know everyone feels passionately about this, but you can argue and discuss without attacking eachother, can't you? There is a lot of hate in the world, but you all seem to be spreading it as much as anyone else.

Think about it.

17. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

I guess it's the luck of the draw to have one of the "decent" priests providing religious education to your child. If you're not so lucky and one of those 4,392 priests molested your kid, than it's just tough luck I guess. Even ONE priest molesting a child is too many in my eyes, and makes a mockery of the religion and everything it stands for.

I believe that since the Catholic and Protestant churches are engaging so heavily in the political process (like denying communion to a politician and making a political issue out of it, homosexuality, abortion, etc.) then these churches should begin to be taxed like any other American entity. It used to be that churches stayed out of politics and just focused on redeeming its members and providing a sanctuary of peace and solitude for its followers. But now, churches have taken it upon themselves to embrace their own political agendas pushing their beliefs on to their members and even alienating some in the process. I firmly believe it is time to start taxing them because they have begun to change their focus from religious education to political persuasion.

18. SDS

SDS Member

You can all be spared considerable trouble by going back to the point of the original post.

From an objective standpoint no self-styled Christian who denies communion to any other human being, supports taking the life of one's fellow man as by capital punishment or through service in the armed forces -- or who indulges in the moral judgement of any other person in this or any other way -- has any religious credibility.

"...and he lamented deeply when asked "What part of 'Thou shalt not kill' did you not understand? What part of 'Judge not that ye not be judged' did you not understand?"

19. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

wow I'm sure your God would be proud of this thread, especially since u Jozak are Catholic.;)

20. Jozak

Jozak Member

If you are sardonically mocking me I do not appreciate it, but you are going to have to explain what you mean a little better.