True Love may be a real thing after all

Discussion in 'True Love' started by AstroShark, Mar 3, 2018.

1. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

At least that's what I'm starting to think....

If you're happy and in love feel free to share about it on here

Deidre and Noserider like this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

So The Last I Read......You Had Two On The Burner......Which One Did You Fall In Love With...???...:smileycat:

Cheers Glen.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Number 3 :p

4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I love love. And yes, it's absolutely a real thing.

Congrats, Sharkie!

AstroShark likes this.
  5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Giving an account of the last 38 years will overload the HF server. LOL.

6. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

My current girlfriend. We've been in a relationship together for almost 5 years now and, man, she's quite something.

RainyDayHype and AstroShark like this.
  7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I'm not in love with anyone, and don't really want to be. I'm kind of at the post-romantic stage.

RainyDayHype likes this.
  8. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

We started dating at 15 and I fell hopelessly in love with her before we were 18. We married at 22, and our love is still strong after 40 years of marriage.

9. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I finally learned to let myself love and got married last year. We were good friends for a few years and then he asked to take it further. So I totally believe in true love but you have to open your heart up and let yourself experience it. It’s scary to do that.

10. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Once you've seen the look of love in anothers eyes--you know that it CAN be real. The song was right on.

AstroShark, GLENGLEN and Deidre like this.
  11. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I’m glad you posted this because there seems to be this idea pushed in society that you must find love. Endless dating site commercials and marriage shows making it sound like if you’re not in a relationship, then something is wrong with you and that isn’t true.

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I used to have the biggest crush on this girl Lacy. I thought I loved her, but it was just a passing thing. I was never in a relationship with her, but we hooked up. Twice! :)

13. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Staying in love takes some effort. And it takes keeping it in your pants, too...

14. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

I used to believe in true love but these days I'm no longer sure. Certainly hope you lovesick people are right. Don't want to spend the rest of my life completely alone. Ok I'll leave it there don't want to drag your happy hearts down

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont believe in "true love" as that sort of implies there's only one person out there for each of us and I dont really believe that. But I do believe in falling in love and making a choice to remain committed to that person and in putting in the time and energy it takes to make a relationship work

Deidre, MochaMood and McFuddy like this.
  16. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I think the problem is the popular notion of "true love = one specific partner", but I believe true love can involve more than one partner. It totally depends on each individual and situation. You just love, and if you ask your heart whether that love is true or not, and if the answer is "yes", then it's true love.

That said, it does help if one knows the difference between "love" and "infatuation". I believe we need both in life, but whereas infatuation may cause us to lose control of our emotions and/or actions, love may drive us to remain in control. Infatuation causes us to do stupid things, while love keeps us calm.

But hey, that's just been my experience. There's really no right type of love, I don't think. Love is love, and it's good to love.

Meliai likes this.
  17. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

i'm happy with the idea of finding and nurturing a healthy, positive relationship that includes love, like, adventure, wonder. All of those things are true.

AstroShark and Deidre like this.
  18. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

But, think of this way. You loved with all you have, you left nothing out in your relationship. It didn't work out, but at least you felt love. Gave love. That counts for something.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  19. Slutty Sue

Slutty Sue Visitor

The differnce between true love & herpes, is herpes last forever.

20. Wentworth

Wentworth Members

Love is a type of cancer

RainyDayHype likes this.