True Love can sustain a perfect marriage?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Keiramok, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Keiramok

Keiramok Banned

What is the most important factor for having a perfect marriage with your husband / wife? Is it true love or trust or just lust?

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Perfect marriage is a fulfilled contract.

Truth be told, no one gives a shit.

3. mynameisbrian

mynameisbrian Member

What is "true" love? Is there a fake kind of love? There are no perfect marriages. It takes more than just love for relationships to work.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If by true love you mean blow jobs

5. Keiramok

Keiramok Banned

what else does it take? didn't everyone say true love works everything out. do you believe in the underwear and how it can work?

6. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

I believe true love will make any marriage last the full 5 years.

7. Keiramok

Keiramok Banned

only 5 years?!

8. mynameisbrian

mynameisbrian Member

Love is a pleasurable feeling that you get around someone, that makes you feel attached to them. You want to be around them so you can feel that love. But that doesn't mean there are problems in perception, the way that you see each other and how you expect the person to see you, and many other things.

Things like communication are important in a relationship.

9. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

There will be times you feel waves of love and joy from looking at your spouse, but there will also be times when you wake up and can't stand the person in the bed next to you. It takes more than love to sustain a marriage. Unbridled love can be pretty destructive.

10. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

John Lennon once said, "all you need is love, love is all you need". I believe him.

The way I see it, genuine love may promote a number of different, positive things: thorough communication, mutual trust, mutual respect, honour, affection, sexual compatibility(in a way), so on so forth. I believe those things come with the territory. But genuine love also may means unconditional love where you love someone no matter what happens.

Love may not automatically mean something really solid and everlasting, but it may DRIVE people into trusting someone, respecting someone, feeling affectionate, honouring someone, enhancing the sexual, and overall compatibility between two people, and things like that. Love promotes people to LOVE. Given that, I like to believe genuine love can sustain a "near-perfect" marriage. I mean, nothing's perfect and that doesn't mean some things can't get close to being perfect.

In a genuine love situation, the love is felt in a mutual matter. But it's not about taking. It's about sharing. You love the other person, and you care about them. You WANT TO care about them, and you WANT to support them in life, while the other party feels the same way toward you. And you BOTH FOLLOW THROUGH. Therefore, the love shared is not of a selfish nature. This is how a couple thrives and grows together into better beings, both as a couple and as individuals, in my opinion.

11. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

yes because marriage is a 3-5 year commitment

12. Keiramok

Keiramok Banned

but i have only heard of the 7 year itch.. :S

13. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

take out the word perfect and you got it

14. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

yes, true love is what sustains the marriage. When everything has gone to hell, you can't stand looking at him or her and you wish you never met them that's when true love keeps you from going. It's why you realize tomorrows another day and it can and will get better.

15. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

John Lennon also beat his wife, so I don't know that I'd be taking his advice.

To answer OP:

Anyone who's been in a long term, in- person relationship, will tell you, you need so much more than love. That lovey-dovey feeling will come and go, because it's just that. "A feeling." This expectation of fairy tale love is the reason divorce rates are so high, imo. People think true love is all puppies and rainbows, when in reality, it's quite the opposite. True love is being able to take the bad with the good because you can't imagine your life without them.

16. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

17. Keiramok

Keiramok Banned

Nice article. I think it's pretty true and everyone goes thru that stage some part of the whole relationship process..

18. Marifana

Marifana Member

My opinion is that marriage is not about love, it is about economy. I would never marry. Love is so strong already and I don't need any papers and fancy dresses to show my girl I love her. You show apprecation to your beloved person by doing things he/she like!

But sometimes I think of it, maybe I am wrong? Everyone is different.
    Because I know a happy couple that has been married over 30 years.
    They are soulmates, and it was really good for them to marry.
    They also said that they married by love, and if that is their reason, their marriage is about love and they did it by love.

19. Sig

Sig Senior Member

He beat both of his wives, and emotionally abused the fuck out of Julian when he wasn't entirely absent from his life.

20. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

So, what Alternative Thinker meant to say was, "All you need is love, manipulation, and to keep your pimp hand strong."