True Love Banned in Parts of The UK !

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Mysteron, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

The new Covid restrictions applied to Scotland and Northern Ireland ban dating in certain circumstances . It mainly affects the young but does affect others as well . Basically if both parties are residing at different addresses eg still living with parents they are not allowed to see each other . People from different households are not allowed to mix.

The daft thing is a Scottish couple could meet up just over the border in England quite legally and have a night of passion in a hotel . This seems almost the reverse of the old Gretna Green situation .

I really do feel sorry for people caught up in this , in what is already a very difficult dating world at the moment.

To make matters worse if you want to do the "right thing" and get married , the number of guests has been reduced to that of 15. I don't understand why this could not have been left . The number of people attending a funeral has not changed which is rather puzzling as both types of event are very similar except one is suppose to be a joyous occasion the other a sad one.

Its just a Mad Mad World we live in at the moment

Scottishdk likes this.
  2. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

Morning buddy.
    I totally agree with what your saying.
    As much as I agree with the necessary restrictions I feel keeping "couples" apart is silly.
    Ie. If 2 people have been dating for 3 years (assuming they live apart) they cannot get together even though they probably, well, more than likely have been together on a daily basis up to now. I think this is a poor decision and could possibly be the course of many people splitting up..
    Just my thoughts.

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The authorities are not stupid.
    They are looking for people openly flouting the regulations, not peering through letterboxes.

Mysteron and Scottishdk like this.
  4. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

I know. But it will still have an effect.

5. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

6. Captain Scarlet

Slightly disagree after listening to Policing Minister and that Preti Patel they are looking for Neighbours to snitch on each other because they don't have the resources to police all these rules. I certainly will not be stooping that low . Retaliation is likely to follow if one did .

Scottishdk likes this.
  7. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Mysteron said...

'Its just a Mad Mad World we live in at the moment'.

You can say THAT again my friend.
    I have lived far more years than I care to remember but this period here right now in 2020 is absolutely the worse year anyone could ever have imagined!

[​IMG]

Mysteron likes this.
  8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Only if they are having wild parties and inviting dozens of people.
    Their have been quite a few reports of that type of behavior over the last few days, particularly in areas like Manchester where the virus is running wild.

Mysteron likes this.
  9. Captain Scarlet

I think this could be the beginning of civil unrest and it will be interesting to see over the coming weeks to see if there are many cases . A teacher In my home town has been fined £1000.00 for not isolating after coming back from holiday . So its not just restricted to the young either .