Trudeau wages war on mankind

Discussion in 'People' started by 6-eyed shaman, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Kerri

Kerri Members

Hmmm. So you’re pissed off about something that’s not a big deal at all?

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It doesn't have to be a wall of text at all. You're exaggerating stuff to validate your behaviour.

What doesn't become me exactly? That I can look at Trudeau's words and reason why he said it without getting stuck on 'its PC therefor i don't look further. If it can be labeled a PC matter I will regard it as a joke and on top of that react almost offended/or at least thoroughly annoyed'?

Do you see that Trudeau and 6-eyed take a similar approach in getting attention on a subject (triggering)? Its not blatantly about changing the word mankind to peoplekind. It seems he is at least at good at it as 6-eyed. I applaud.

Its not. Which is what I ment. You can pay a convo partner the respect of a serious answer even if you don't care. Its civil (often confused with... ;))

3. Asmodean

Sometimes its also just a matter of not being aware of why. In the end we're all mammals in the first place :p In combination with too much free time this can result in childish and/or evasive behavior. Like he doesn't quit the subject which most people would do. Essentially the most sensible option if one really wouldn't care :D

4. Kerri

Kerri Members

People are offended by PC language because it upsets the status quo. The idea that Trudeau might see woman as equals is what’s threatening in the language because honestly the word itself should not inspire anger

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

4 pages so far?

Jeez, who cares? Its the Canadian Prime Minister

Let me know when there is a snow or tree emergency, he might be important then

Why do you guys have a french prime minister again?

6. Asmodean

Lol^

You post in all kinds of threads on the internet, proclaiming who cares! and why bother! Seems even more pointless.

7. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Sure it doesn't have to be. Are you nitpicking this stuff just because? And I don't think I have been exaggerating anything.

Stating that it's clear I don't care and that it's not always about me. You can't back that up because it's not there. I'm still here and responding to posts.

Yes it is. Even if I put a bit of sarcasm in it. And for the record: I didn't mean to disrespect anybody.

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yup. But you state I clearly don't care. Which is it then? You want me to quit or be respectful by responding?

9. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

If you want to put it like that.

10. Kerri

Kerri Members

Is it a big deal or not?

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

12. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Not really. In the end there are far more important things to do than changing a few words.

13. Kerri

Kerri Members

Agreed!

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

15. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Oh wow! :D

Kerri likes this.
  16. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

I fear Australia will soon be at war with Canada.

17. Asmodean

You didn't seem to care about answering her question. Some of your answers still imply that. You only bothered in the end because we made clear how we thought you come across.
    Cool that you did.

Just because stuff isn't important doesn't mean we can exchange some thoughts about it when we're all in the thread posting about it already.
    Of course it isn't worth 2 pages of this drivel. But we got there for a large part because of you. I normally wouldn't bother so extensively I think. Flu. Lots of time. Stubborn. And you kept responding :-D

18. Asmodean

Curiously enough Americans love to joke about how polite canadians are, but several of my friends who've been to the US mock american citizens for it. Some friends expressed disgust because they found a lot of apologies and compliments seemed so over the top they thought WTF?
    Like when one bumped into them on a busy street: 'OMG i didn't hurt you right? Are you ok?' (Concerned eyes almost popping out of head) Where the average dutch person would leave it at max 'oh sorry'.
    So where americans are humorously stereotyping canadians with this, they're actually known for it themselves among other foreigners :-D

19. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

It's not so much the language codes of political correctness that are "offensive." It's more about the policing of these unwritten language codes.

There's a major difference between ethics and political correctness. Ethics is a system of communicating and navigating our way through interacting with different cultures, nationalities, religious faiths, ethnicities, socioeconomic statuses, sexuality, etc.

Political correctness is an organized system of lying to protect the feelings of delicate wall flowers at the expense of logic, reason, and truth. Political correctness promotes hostile double standards at best. For example, the media was very quick to be heavily critical of pedophilia of the Catholic Church (and justifiably so), but it's politically incorrect to criticize Islam under any circumstances, never mind how many of them celebrate after a terror attack, and support executing LGBT people. At worst, political correctness can be very deadly: the neighbors of the San Bernardino killers knew they were being suspicious, but wouldn't report them because they were Arabic and thought it politically incorrect to assume the worst. Also it was political correctness that stopped the police in Rotherham to investigate and put an end to a Pakistani serial rape gang. Had they acted sooner, they could've prevented hundreds of young girls from being abducted and raped

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  20. Kerri

Kerri Members

I understand what you’re saying but communicating in an ethical manner does mean using some politically correct language. For sure some people take it too far but there are just as many who act like delicate wall flowers and react with disproportionate anger at language that’s just designed to be inclusive

Tyrsonswood likes this.