Trout

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Orsino2, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

there was an add in my Relix magazine for organic tobacco cigarettes, maybe order a carton from them and get a carton of marlboro and see what you can find out

2. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Actually, the fish themselves are Salmoid, while the family is Salmonidae.

Specks are actually, like I said, members of the drum family. :D Sciaenidae, making them Sciaenids.

Drums are named after the sounds they produce. Totally unique to that family... their swim bladders rub against their abdominal muscles whenever they breathe. That's why croakers are called croakers...

Red Drum have ivory-like stones inside of their head/brains for balance. They'll stand on their noses and dig their bodies and heads into the sand and feed on crabs, sandfleas, worms, etc.

3. Orsino2

I'm a Relix subscriber too. :D

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

You said the key words, didn't know of.

People grow cash crops in much of Africa without industrial fertilizers,
    and lung cancer is a significant cause of death in Africa. Carcinogens are what cause cancer (obviously) and they are as present in natural tobacco as industrial tobacco. The problems with industrial tobacco is it's a cheap effecient mass produced source which is heavily marketed to a lot of people. So, lots more people use it then grow their own, and probably, many people who wouldn't buy it otherwise take up smoking.

But I agree with whatever.

And you're a trout. [​IMG]

5. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

Mr Fancy Pants :rolleyes:

I'd like to catch a drum...

On a note only related to fish making sounds, I once saw this Bill Dance Q&A episode where he was fishing for Blue Cats in one segment and when he was holding one up it was kaing creaking sounds and he was like "He is talkin' to me", then patted it's belly. Holding ish vetically isn't good or their internal organs...

6. Orsino2

Yeah, I always try to hold them with a washcloth or something, horizontally... hurts them less. Bill Dance and George Povoromo are my my favorite TV fishermen. :D Of course, George is the editor of Saltwater Sportsman... my favorite saltwater mag. I also like American Angler.. mostly dealing with flyfishing and trout. :eek: :D

I just don't like if I have to to get around their gillplates because it hurts them.

Drums and striped bass are amazing.. it'll be the middle of a storm or something and you'll be out on a pier on the Atlantic and you can see their tails sticking up out of the water. It makes it easy to sightcast for them in the shallows and flats. :D

7. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

I don't get any Bill Dance or any cool stuff like that after TNN changed formats. I remember when Tracy Byrd still hosted TNN Outdoors, that ruled. Alex Kreis is my favourite just because he is such a cool guy to meet in person.

Yeah, I usually avoid touching trout all together, especially when ly fishing cause it is so easy to take the forceps and give the fly a little shake and it pops right off.

Ugh, it bugs the piss out of my when people gill fish. Did you know it used to be the "correct" way to hold pike in their eye sockets because it "calms them down"?

Anywqho, that sure would be a sight, I don't think we ever have any huge fish spectacle like that in Alberta. :(