Trippy science fiction movies

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by AceK, Feb 7, 2014.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Anime cartoons

2. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

hmm scifi..
    It's not sci fi really, but Enter the Void is a unique film. shot in 1st person it explores the psychedelic realm with many references to obscure drugs that a psycho-naught would love. Refrences to DMT, Datura, GHB, LSD, Shrooms, Astral Projection, Death, Sex

If you want a more sci-fi like movie, I always find the futurama films to have a fun laugh.. episodes are better though

If anime is okay.. I have a million

Bender's Game was good

Documentaries can be interesting ways to, you could find hundreds on netflix

I feel like I'm missing really obvious ones though..

3. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

A Clockwork Orange isn't exactly scifi but it is excellent while fucked up.

Also THX 1138.

4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

2001 (at least I think the final act, anyway) and A Scanner Darkly definitely. The Matrix is only trippy the first time you see it, imo.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Wow, havent seen Scanners since it first came out, must DL and watch

I assume you are asking for not so well known trippy ones, most mentioned so far were big hits, I mean who hasnt seen Inception.

Lifeforce is a trippy one, early 80s British/American film. Puppet/Modelling effects that still stand up today even if the CGI doesnt

People mention Butterfly Effect, The Jacket with Adrien brody was another good one along the same lines. Splice is another one with him thats pretty creepy

Fantastic Voyage is a well known one, but an old one, one I really dont understand why they havent made a remake as its an awesome movie

The Land Unknown (1957) an often missed goodie from that era

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Although not psychedelic/trippy I perceive the whole movie as kinda surrealistic. Once you are aware there are litle til no emotions expressed in it for instance (did not notice that the first time I watched it). But also the excellent camera work/special effects, very creative and mind boggling to look at and figure out how they did it exactly :)

7. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Under the Skin, currently playing film starring Scarlett Johanson, is one of the craziest alien sci-fis I've ever seen. I would describe it as a perfect cross between Species and 2001 a Space Odyssey. Amazing visuals. Was a perfect 4/20 movie, too bad I wasn't celebrating yet =P

8. wtfisthatkid

wtfisthatkid Member

John Dies in The End isn't quite sci-fi(maybe more like drug-fi?)
    I'm recommend it. I could never explain the plot well enough, but i'd suggest you check it out!