Trippy Bedroom

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by LucyInTheSky777, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Cool thread :)

Don't forget incense and a nice holder, also check out hip shops online for home decor, I've found tons and some people have some amazing style, real peaceful...

You can also go to flickr.com and do different searches for ideas, lots of people show their homes/rooms off there!

Peace

2. fluttersteke

fluttersteke Member

TAPESTRIES!!! Maybe a beaded curtain to hang over your door. But tapestries are real nice. I have a beautiful pink and black tapestry with a celtic knot on it. It hangs completely on one of the walls. Since you don't have much wall space you can put it on your ceiling or even have it hang from the ceiling around the bed. I did that before and it's like you have a private little fort area if you're lying in bed. No one can see you.

3. Number48

Number48 Member

I collect scarves and saris, sarongs. Any fabric with an intricate pattern, they're great to drape over trunks, hang from walls, line bookshelves. Check out fabric remainders at a craft/fabric store.

4. nerdysweet

nerdysweet Member

I don't know if it's already been suggested, but you can hang beads from your doorway. It's classic. Or, alternatively, a blanket.

Get black lights as well. And black light posters. Do they still make those?!

And you can get colorful blankets and scarves and stuff and drape them over everything. And get about twenty more lava lamps. :)

5. peacedaisy

peacedaisy Member

i second everything that everyone else said :)

6. cadyluvsu

cadyluvsu Guest

:hippy: :hippy::hippy: luvs that

7. FlipFish

FlipFish Member

If you troll thrift stores long enough you will have a great room in little time.

8. MeowKat

MeowKat Member

A great thing to do with tapestries if you don't have wall space is turn them into curtains. Just cut one in half and either sew the raw edge or use hem tape (basically a tape that allows you to just fold over the hem and iron it). You then just sew or use hem tape to create a bigger loop at the top where the curtain rod will go through. You can even use hemp rope as tie-backs.